Ok, we can move on with the identity questions.

Now some answer the ad questions on the increase ads per page and how hard it is to navigate.
    09-05-14 01:21 PM
    I have only been on here since April check my postings and threads before you start throwing darts at me. I was posting a comment because I was annoyed with the ads and navigating.

Are you his sounding board? I thought I directed my questions to Bla1ze?
    I just believe if people want to remain anonymous it is their right. You seem to think that's some sort of shady business. I guess you've never heard of a pen name before. Plenty of editors and what not don't use their real name. I guess that makes them all suspicious, right?

And, I have no problem defending Bla1ze from your misguided accusations although I have no reason to.
    Q10Bold and clickitykeys like this.
    09-05-14 02:23 PM
    I just believe if people want to remain anonymous it is their right. You seem to think that's some sort of shady business. I guess you've never heard of a pen name before. Plenty of editors and what not don't use their real name. I guess that makes them all suspicious, right?

And, I have no problem defending Bla1ze from your misguided accusations although I have no reason to.
    Ok I can accept your opinion. I just ask a question to his identity and was expecting him to answer that's all.

The main reason for this thread is how thing have changed and it is harder to navigate with all the ads, smaller mobile browser because the header is maximumized, no index hub without doing a search so that you can find non-linked old pages. Just to name a few.

If you want a link that qualifies me to speak regarding how these pages are setup I will post in detail with a link when I'm home. I don't think we need to go there, but if you want I can do that.

Based on some people's postings today, I'm not the only person annoyed with the ads.

Sorry, if I got under your skin.
    09-05-14 02:46 PM
    Beside persistance in the dictionary, you will find this OP's picture asking for your identity. It also seems that he will not stop!

By the way OP, if you want mine, it's Slim Shady.

AmaZ30ed
    Last edited by bradpromac; 09-05-14 at 07:59 PM.
    09-05-14 07:45 PM
    There is no reason to be anonymous when your the "Editor" unless you have something to hide. And his past does not effect his performance as "Editor".

I have posted my full name more than once on CB.
    That's your prerogative man. It has nothing to do with having things to hide. I don't like to advertise my full name either. Even all papers at my house with my full name on it gets shredded before it goes into the recycle bin. With things to worry about like identity theft, "having something to hide" is probably the least popular reason to use a fake name or to go just by your first name...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    TGR1 likes this.
    09-05-14 08:15 PM
    No offense, but what the heck is this thread even doing here? This thread should be locked or deleted.

OP, you don't run this site nor this forum. You also don't pay for any of the content, services or personnel of this site and forum. If you don't like the ads, then by all means stop coming here. The money used to maintain the content, services and personnel on this site and forum has to come from somewhere, and it for. Sure isn't coming from your pocket.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 10:34 PM
    I'm sick of the site always signing me out and also the new top bar is really hard to tap the login button on my z10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-06-14 06:50 AM
    I have only been on here since April check my postings and threads before you start throwing darts at me. I was posting a comment because I was annoyed with the ads and navigating.

Are you his sounding board? I thought I directed my questions to Bla1ze?
    And Bla1ze owes you nothing.

I wouldn't want you knowing my real name if I was him. Your attitude of entitlement is impressive.
    09-06-14 07:43 AM
    No offense, but what the heck is this thread even doing here? This thread should be locked or deleted.

OP, you don't run this site nor this forum. You also don't pay for any of the content, services or personnel of this site and forum. If you don't like the ads, then by all means stop coming here. The money used to maintain the content, services and personnel on this site and forum has to come from somewhere, and it for. Sure isn't coming from your pocket.

Posted via CB10
    While I understand completely that ads fund websites, it is also in the site owner's interests to have the least annoying ads possible. Otherwise ad blockers go up and that dries up that revenue without reducing the expense. One reason why other than pop ups I dislike using blockers at home for sites I visit. Or choose to whitelist at least.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-06-14 08:36 AM
    Isn't this issue base on the browser you use. I know certain site occasionally auto play the ads. And then it goes away. I believe the advertisers are constantly finding way to penetrate through the ad block. I don't have this issue with Crackberry site.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-06-14 08:39 AM
    What?

Why don't you use an ad blocker?
    You can't install Firefox and then do the adblock plus on that?
    While I understand completely that ads fund websites, it is also in the site owner's interests to have the least annoying ads possible. Otherwise ad blockers go up and that dries up that revenue without reducing the expense. One reason why other than pop ups I dislike using blockers at home for sites I visit. Or choose to whitelist at least.
    Isn't this issue base on the browser you use. I know certain site occasionally auto play the ads. And then it goes away. I believe the advertisers are constantly finding way to penetrate through the ad block. I don't have this issue with Crackberry site.

Posted via CB10
    I was able to resolve the voice ads conflicting with my music with AdBlock Plus and it works on FireFox.

BTW: The whole concept of a forum is to ask questions, to assist others or to voice your opinion. This thread has helped me and op.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 09-06-14 at 09:50 AM.
    09-06-14 09:04 AM
    That's your prerogative man. It has nothing to do with having things to hide. I don't like to advertise my full name either. Even all papers at my house with my full name on it gets shredded before it goes into the recycle bin. With things to worry about like identity theft, "having something to hide" is probably the least popular reason to use a fake name or to go just by your first name...

Ok, never thought of identity thief.

Just my frustration from the.all the website changes that makes it harder to navigate than 3 months ago. What really suck some simple changes can make it better.

Example Desktop: After log in on there is a header with upper orange band with "Forums" all they have to do is add "Main Page" or something that takes you to the old main page. There is only a few options. This would allow users to go directly to what they are interested in. Remember how it use to be setup?

If you use any of the links in the low orange band they take you to an ad not the forum you are looking for.

Example Mobile: The header takes up about 20% of screen space on the 9900. Instead of defining the header height in pixels all they would have to to is define it in percentage so that it would adjust automatically. The older version also had "My Threads" and other related link in the left hand side. They can also adjust the webpages so you don't have to scroll down 1.5 pages to get to the thread you are viewing because of the header and ads on every page.

Just saying the navigating worked fine before but, the recent web changes has made navigating annoying. 10 minutes to make a few changes would help.

Nobody especially me is asking that no ads or how many is put on this website.

Don't you find it annoying that a voice ad comes on when on CrackBerry?-politics-opinion-opinion_poll-opinionated-home_visit-door_to_door-cza0620_low.jpg
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 09-06-14 at 09:54 AM.
    09-06-14 09:29 AM
    Ok, never thought of identity thief.

Just my frustration from the.all the website changes that makes it harder to navigate than 3 months ago. What really suck some simple changes can make it better.

Example Desktop: After log in on there is a header with upper orange band with "Forums" all they have to do is add "Main Page" or something that takes you to the old main page. There is only a few options. This would allow users to go directly to what they are interested in. Remember how it use to be setup?

If you use any of the links in the low orange band they take you to an ad not the forum you are looking for.

Example Mobile: The header takes up about 20% of screen space on the 9900. Instead of defining the header height in pixels all they would have to to is define it in percentage so that it would adjust automatically. The older version also had "My Threads" and other related link in the left hand side. They can also adjust the webpages so you don't have to scroll down 1.5 pages to get to the thread you are viewing because of the header and ads on every page.

Just saying the navigating worked fine before but, the recent web changes has made navigating annoying. 10 minutes to make a few changes would help.

Nobody especially me is asking that no ads or how many is put on this website.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	politics-opinion-opinion_poll-opinionated-home_visit-door_to_door-cza0620_low.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	296120
    I mainly use the app to visit here. I only go to their site from my desktop so I don't know how bad it is on the mobile device yet.

09-06-14 10:18 AM
    I mainly use the app to visit here. I only go to their site from my desktop so I don't know how bad it is on the mobile device yet.

When I uploaded the CrackBerry app on my desktop. All there is articles and ads, there is no link to go to forums. I have to access crackberry.com from a saved link, crackberry.com The mobile app for CrackBerry sucks so it is better to load the site direct.

Don't know what it looks like on a Q10.

If you are using your desktop, what CB app are you using? I have a HP with Windows 8
    09-06-14 10:28 AM
    When I uploaded the CrackBerry app on my desktop. All there is articles and ads, there is no link to go to forums. I have to access crackberry.com from a saved link, crackberry.com The mobile app for CrackBerry sucks so it is better to load the site direct.

If you are using your desktop, what CB app are you using? I have a HP with Windows 8
    From the desktop I just go to the website. Still using Windows 7 Pro.

09-06-14 10:52 AM

Why would you load and app on your desktop? Just type the site address and book market. No need for Apps on a desktop.
    09-06-14 11:02 AM
    Why would you load and app on your desktop? Just type the site address and book market. No need for Apps on a desktop.
    Sorry wrong terminology 'program' 'solftware'. In the 'Store' there was one.
    09-06-14 01:03 PM
    BTW: The whole concept of a forum is to ask questions, to assist others or to voice your opinion. This thread has helped me and op.
    Ah, there lies the rub. You are right, and yet so wrong. It is not only WHAT we do or say, but HOW. The "tone" of our communication. Some of your questions have been legitimate (minus the suspicious, mean accusations). However, you might have more success by making an effort to learn something about the culture you are attempting to join and crafting your questions respectfully. Most humans respond better that way. We welcome all here who can be nice. CrackBerrians tend to be a generous lot when it comes to answering questions and helping solve problems.

Posted via CB from "Z" best
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-06-14 03:38 PM
    ROFL I'm on a Samsung tablet. You gotta love the Straight Phone pop up that covers the whole screen every time you open a new page.

Well I'm restricting my site use to once a week to lower the click count.

Yeah go ahead and support Bla1ze
    09-12-14 01:43 PM
    Well it's been a few months since I started this thread. CB's websit has improved, but when your on a 2.8 screen with the 9900 the bottom ads just take up to much room.

Just keep improving, you don't need to make all that ad $$ in one day.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-24-14 01:51 AM
45 12