I notice a lot of you posting from your devices, i tried and its very frustrating.

You would think this site would be more mobile friendly tbh. yes im using the mobile version ...

of course there is always the good chance that im just a moron and im doing something wrong lol

** Jump to Response From Kevin - Addresses this post **
    Last edited by CrackBerry Kevin; 01-30-09 at 04:13 PM. Reason: added link to my response post
    01-30-09 12:21 PM
    No, your not. I have found it difficult as well.
    01-30-09 12:22 PM
    I also tried and gave up. There doesn't seem to be separate forums to view, just recent posts from all forums.

I really give props to those that can post links and photos in their wap session posts.
    01-30-09 12:24 PM
    I find it very easy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    the wap site sucks I'm sorry CB but when you have read more in the wap blogs and you click to read the rest it takes you to the full blown website which isn't fun on EDGE.
    even the wap site on phone is killing me! I have to scroll through 6 miles of things fo sale, to get to the bottom of the page only to discover im on the wrong page
    01-30-09 12:32 PM
    I cannot stress how much I love this site and how useful it is, but considering that it's a BlackBerry forum, it's surprising that CB does make it difficult to navigate on your phone.
    01-30-09 12:32 PM
    Nope_____.
    01-30-09 12:35 PM
    Oh h3ll yes!! The wap site is the biggest PITA ever created. If I
    am not at a real computer I never even bother coming here.

I said it before, I'd rather be chained to a cheetah and dragged
    through a street of knives than spend 1 minute on the wap site.
    01-30-09 12:37 PM
    Oh h3ll yes!! The wap site is the biggest PITA ever created. If I
    am not at a real computer I never even bother coming here.

Hmmmm

x2 ... but not really lol
    01-30-09 12:42 PM
    i dont find it hard.
    But i would love to see a little more varriance so all the text doesnt blend in.
    01-30-09 12:45 PM
    Hmmmm

x2 ... but not really lol
    Okay, maybe it's a little "over the top" hyperbolic, but you get my point
    01-30-09 12:45 PM
    I don't see a problem using the wap forums. I don't see what the big deal is. I have come to except the fact it's the way you choose to see forums on a BB.
    01-30-09 12:59 PM
    I don't see a problem using the wap forums. I don't see what the big deal is. I have come to accept the fact it's the way you choose to see forums on a BB.
    Correct. And I choose not to see a jumbled, cumbersome to navigate train
    wreck. I do however find it telling that you did not post this from your phone
    And don't go getting all upset. It's a lighthearted jab, nothing more.
    01-30-09 01:13 PM
    I use opera mini and go to the regular site in mobile view. No problems whatsoever
    01-30-09 01:18 PM
    I post and browse the forums from my phone almost constantly. I rarely use the WAP site however. I don't mind going through each page on EDGE it's about 30 seconds to load each. I tried the WAP forums and found them more difficult to navigate and not entirely friendly to use. To each their own.
    01-30-09 01:20 PM
    Aw crud. I wish they would just make me a BlackBerry with a quad-core processor, 32GB RAM, three operating systems & twin 30in displays that fits in my pocket so I can view everything just the way it does on my PC!!!

Come on - get your browser settings right & the site is a breeze to use. Some of the features are not available, but that is due to scripting that isn't available in the default browser or the mobile version of the site's backbone. Those things go away to accomodate the smaller footprint of any mobile device. .

01-30-09 01:28 PM
    Gotta say that I find the whole Internet experience on my BlackBerry and emergency only activity. I do use it but only when I have to. Usually I have my laptop with me and I'll tether the BlackBerry rather than use the horrid WAP sites and tiny screen and difficult navigation.

Of all the WAP sites I think CrackBerry is one of the better ones given the huge amount of information on offer. I am not defending the site but CrackBerry is a HUGE place and it's difficult to get a quart into a pint pot.

If you have suggestions then I am sure that those who setup the WAP site would love to hear from you - I mean that. Make a list of that you want, and why. Maybe it will happen. I cannot guarantee change but CrackBerry is above all, a user site.
    01-30-09 01:36 PM
    The WAP site works fine for me!

01-30-09 01:36 PM
    i use the mobile web a lot (no computer) and i think crackberry is one of the best wap sites.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 01-30-09 at 01:51 PM.
    01-30-09 01:38 PM
    I also find it to be a PITA because of having to scroll through so much stuff. Maybe I need more practice or I will get the Opera mini.
    01-30-09 01:40 PM
    <snip]
    Well, AG, I see you're finally warming up to the wap site. Last time, you said 10 seconds was your limit :-)

01-30-09 01:44 PM
    Wow, I don't know why my experience is so different. I think it's quite easy to navigate. I just use the launcher>forums>curve and it's a breeze.

01-30-09 01:50 PM
    I use Opera Mini and the WAP site is excellent.
    About a 5 second load per page, on AT&T EDGE.

01-30-09 01:50 PM
    Mine in wap works fine. If I want to select an individual forum, I just hit Forum Home and scroll to the one I want. A lot of the times I am reading the latest posts, just to find out what's new. Some functionality is limited, yes, but overall I've had few problems.

01-30-09 01:51 PM
95 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD