Crackberry, I can't stand reading the Torch forum for the good updates/contributes/etc because of all of the negative topics and roasts of this device!

I understand not very many people are happy with it, but I for one am enjoying this phone the most out of any Blackberry I've owned!

I come to this forum looking for updates on software, games, themes, etc., but have trouble because so many people are talking so bad about the Torch.

All I'm asking is to cool it down a bit with the threads! Everyone understands by now that a good population is not pleased with the new phone. Okay, let's move on and see what RIM does!

Howabout a sub-forum for everyone's Rants/Roasts/Negativity as a part of the "Blackberry Torch 9800" forum? Anyone with me?
    08-16-10 11:40 PM
    Yep.....I'll agree. It gets pretty damn annoying. But look back at when the 9700 came out! Same bs....different BB! Every device has it's issues. But yeah...I read the forums for a while then have to log off. I'm happily waiting for my Torch ED 8/20!!! I don't care what people write. I'm going to try out the BB and go from there. Been in love with my 9700 since day one. Same one too....didn't have to make the 5 or 6 returns like some.
    08-16-10 11:50 PM
    have you checked the iphone 4 forum at macrumors.com?
    you'll be surprised how negative the members can be as well..
    i agree that we merger all the threads?
    we have members like kneeman who has more than 10 threads complaining about the torch..
    the members who have a good experience can't simply keep up with all the negativity around here:

can we save everyone the TIME and some web space by having a "short cut" for all the complaints that the OP have for the Torch?

let's help the other members who have real issues.

if you want to be entertained.. then this is a must READ
    the title of the Book is " Complaints" by Kneeman
    book signing at your nearest Barnes and Nobles book Aug 20, 2010 2 PM

1. Just used eight Torches at the AT&T store - Wiggle, defects, etc
    2. How does the keypad pop out?
    3. My Address Book icon disappeared
    4. Didn't "they" say that os6 would run all older apps?
    5. LED won't blink for missed calls
    6. Why did they lie to us last month about the browser speed
    7. 624mhz
    8. NO Browser Indentification. Did I see correctly???
    9.Streak, Captiva, Droid X, iPhone4, etc.
    10. NO Video Out and they claim it is more focused on mulitmedia???
    08-16-10 11:57 PM
    It is the same way on EVERY forum that has a New Device launching! iPhone, ALL of the Moto Droids, Samasung Galaxy S line and the list goes on! I get rather sick of it. My 2 cents and I will have to use a Steve Jobs quote, "If you don't like the phone, return it within 30 days of purchase, no questions asked". Now one would think that between that statement, the FREE jumper/case situation, and the OS update, one would have near to nothing to complain about, Well you would be wrong. Samsung Captivate, the phones is great, but it has 2 problems for most, but not all (As I have not had these issues, nor anyothers issues some are having. Just lucky I guess). They are battery life and the GPS. Samsung had a press conf and confirmed they knew about the GPS issue with some users and would have a software fix in place by the end of Sept. Again, one would think that would squash the GPS complaints, but again, you would be wrong and I can just go on and on and on and I am just sick of it! I swear, it must be a bunch of trolls that are going from board to board, using different ID's and are just bashing the phones and stirring up the good board members! Oh and they are all probably in the low to mid teen years. Now why the adults, commonly titled, "The Parents", would allow their children at that age with phones of this level is beyond me, but hay, I don't know anything (Parent of 5), and none had cell phones until they get their car license and that was for safety concerns, but of course they use them as they see fit so long as the do so within the bounderies that we agreed on. OK, let me get off the soap box, I'm done now!

I'm sure between all of the rambelings above, you all were able to read between the lines...
    Last edited by Gunny5821; 08-17-10 at 02:13 AM.
    08-17-10 02:07 AM
    Actually, what is most needed is for people to start reporting these trolls to get them banned.
    Here is my new way of dealing with the idiots - report them. If they don't "get it" after a ban I use the Ignore feature. However, the Ignore feature still ruins the forum experience for everyone else and prospective buyers who don't know who the trolls are. Have a couple of people right now on the forum trying to decide and they're reading all the trash and believing them.
    Unfortunately people who are happy don't post as often as the trolls. Possibly because we're gainfully employes and have actual flesh relationships and real lives.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 04:18 AM
    I support banning of trolls. Not just in the forums, but also in the blog comments since that's where a prospective buyer would look first. Even the posts that trumpet another platform over RIM are not needed. If someone wanted a droid or iPhone, wouldn't they be visiting that part of the SPE community? I go over there myself sometimes, but I haven't registered or posted because I couldn't be helpful to those communities.
    It seems that more than a few of these trolls are former Storm owners that left for greener pastures, and seeing a touchscreen done better whether it be a droid or whatever makes them angry. Its like they feel residual hatred for their Storm and feel the need to return and kick what they left behind.

08-17-10 05:35 AM
    Well, I can tell you from experience that for a newbie coming on this site to ask a question is very difficult. First you have to search to ensure there is not a thread about ur question in the first place, which is fine. Once you find there is a thread about a problem, it is full on non-answers or snide remarks about how you should get educated.

Case in point. .328 upgrade for S1 messed up the volume control on the video camera. Instead of increasing the volume, the volume keys make the video zoom in or zoom out. There is no solution there. The best answer is go to Verizon and have them get in touch with BB support. But the poster says that it did him no good.

Maybe that is not the kind of question to be asked on a forum. But sometimes there are actually answers/solutions in the threads. It is just that you have to weed though tons of non answers to find what you are looking for.
    08-17-10 06:05 AM
    There is a lot of negativity out there about the Torch im loving my phone now that i have installed the right service books to it. If u have a. Unlocked torch there are threads out there that help u out on fixing the phone im using it for t-mobile. Like just last night i got UMA worki g o. This pho e its awsome. But i agree w/ all the negati e fewdback that people leave, every new phone that come will hve a defect no device is special. I've had my Torch since day 1 and im loving it. I still have my 9700 imaa rotate between the 2 cus the bold 9700 it still the best phone in my book.

08-17-10 06:09 AM
    yeh it does get annoying when your sifting through the good threads esp when you're a owner of this phone looking for helpful hints, workarounds and interesting uses to get out of this phone.

and yes, its like this every time there's a new launch and it will be like this when the phone gets released worldwide. I just find that its the select few who seemingly want to post a new topic on a very minor whilst bagging out everyone whilst pointing out that they have an android or apple phone or plan on leaving to get one - most people on a torch forum dont give a crap about your other phone.

if they did, they would be in the forum marked ANDROID or on some other site dedicated for it.

IT comes across as insecurity issues such as being cool and being accepted. - you'll always be a loser in my eyes if this how they react because I dont care what phone you have! I'm planning on getting a torch and as far as im concerned angelina jolie won't care one bit because all I care about is that RIM finally merged two important physical traits together (going against the norm) and im somewhat confident that they will work on improving this (hardware) alongside some fantastic features that are unique to this platform.

Unless they find the next gimmick. we're going to reach a point where a lot of phone will have a eleventy gigahurtz and it wont change the fact that my text messages and call quality can only go as smoothly as the network allows me to.

in the end, if you provide a reasonable argument then I will listen - provoking last i heard isn't very constructive and downright insulting anyone reasonable. it is after all, just a phone...
    08-17-10 06:28 AM
    another problem I see is how poorly written some of the reviews are:
    Let's remember how we were taught in school
    when asked to define.. let say.. define a Circle.. you don't start by saying Ma'am a circle is not a square.. it's not a rectangle either.

this is how many members review..
    Torch is not an iphone.. it's not a Droid X as well.. and they stop with that.
    oh yeah they do end it with Yuck! outdated device etc etc etc.
    08-17-10 07:57 AM
    Bump - because I think there can't be enough emphasis and attention given to all the crappy posts that I've been reading on the Torch's forum.

Either way, I think an alternative (or in addition to) solution would be for CB to introduce a voting system for each post within a thread (like Digg)

Where other users can digg your post up or down, if it gets low enough, it'll be hidden. Just like comments on articles, etc.
    08-17-10 08:17 AM
    I say hands off ! Negativity is all part of it and comes with ANY new release. If people can not speak their feelings about a phone it will change what this forum stands for. Allowing only the happy people to post would ruin the balance.

There is plenty of good and bad about the 9800 and people should hear both!

Trolls should be banned but a person should not be proclaimed a troll because they just trashed your newly acquired phone!
    08-17-10 08:34 AM
    I say hands off ! Negativity is all part of it and comes with ANY new release. If people can not speak their feelings about a phone it will change what this forum stands for. Allowing only the happy people to post would ruin the balance.

Trolls should be banned but a person should not be proclaimed a troll because they just trashed your newly acquired phone!
    Yes, but there's a distinct difference between
    'TORCH SUX BALLS! MA IPHONE IS WAYYY BETTER! LULZ!'

And:
    'The tinny sound in the Torch is a real deal breaker. I make numerous calls a day and need to be able to have a device that functions properly when I'm talking on the phone.'

etc., I know I'm nitpicking now - but you know what I mean.
    08-17-10 08:40 AM
    No. it's not that intelligent, thoughtful objection should not be heard. It's the trolling that is tiresome. No one gains by trolls zining one liners with no intelligent argument to support their claims other than "well, numbers don't lie." Because as anyone who has taken a statistics course can tell you, anyone can make any point about any set of mumbers.

By all means, give clear, concise, thoughtful arguments. But the ranting/bashing and the plethora of posters with the intellect of an inmature 12 year old are the ones that are contributing nothing while provoking those of us who have an interest in learning about the device.
    08-17-10 08:45 AM
    You're right there is a difference between constructive criticism and just openly bashing for no reason and without any experience with device. I think another point here is that there was a lot of hype and anticipation around this particular product which did not materialize. It is also a 1st gen device, so expect some issues (notice there have been 2-3 OS 6 updates already posted) and they are being worked out in the field so to speak.

That being said, compared to other bb fan sites Crackberry is by far one of the most fair (if not the most) and balance where users actually know what theyre talking about. I was one of the first 50 people to sign up to another well known BB fan pages (named after a key feature in blackberry) and it started out great, but then the mods got super politically correct and the users began taking ****** pills and it became a site to go to for jerks. I suspect alot crackberry users may have started at that site and since completely migrated over to Crackberry just because this site simply better.
    08-17-10 08:53 AM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by greggebhardt

Yes, but there's a distinct difference between
    'TORCH SUX BALLS! MA IPHONE IS WAYYY BETTER! LULZ!'

And:
    'The tinny sound in the Torch is a real deal breaker. I make numerous calls a day and need to be able to have a device that functions properly when I'm talking on the phone.'

etc., I know I'm nitpicking now - but you know what I mean.
    I agree w/this. The incessant ripping an issue 12 different ways, in 8 separate posts is not only uncalled for, but it's immature and extremely sophomoric.
    It's like thinking someones jeans look stupid, waiting for them to walk away and then running up behind them and give'um a crack in the back of the head, then run away.
    Just have a take on something, state your opinion in a mature manor, make it real and leave it @ that.
    08-17-10 09:28 AM
    I have to disagree just a little. The specs of this phone have been known for months. When it came out it was just as expected. I had no expectations of an IPhone killer or some super device. Anybody that was expecting this were just fooling themselves.

I've used my bold 9000 for 2 years and this looked like I could get the same performance with a better browser and a larger screen. And guess what, so far I got just what I wanted.

The Iphone is a good phone but it has 2 drawbacks that would keep me from ever buying one. It doesn't have a physical keyboard or a removable battery.

As it is I like my torch, so I think I will stick with it.
    08-17-10 09:45 AM
    I remember how flamed I got for liking my flipberry. I am a technology kind of girl and I carry most new Blackberries for a year and then get whatever else is new. There are phones for everyone, just like there are different styles of houses, sheets, silverware, food, clothing, and even religions. So why does it have to be that I am a dumbass for liking what I like? Leave me alone and let me enjoy my first every Blackberry touchscreen!
    08-17-10 09:56 AM
    the haters have more time to post.. and Believe me THEY will post..
    they will create ten threads about what they don't like about the phone..
    and why their phone is better..
    what i don't understand is why these people can't move on..
    i'm sure they're not gonna buy the Torch anyway..
    BUT NO, they want US, those who actually have the phone to feel miserable about our purchase..
    that's a typical day for them
    08-17-10 10:00 AM
    I would love to see a mod come in and talk to us about this.
    08-17-10 10:01 AM
    Just open a rants and raves section and problem solved. You guys are too sensitive. You want people banned because they talk bad about the Torch. So immature. As long as they aren't insulting other users then it's fair game. Quite simple.
    08-17-10 10:01 AM
    Wow! Y'all are very sensitive. You wouldn't stand a day at MacRumors! It's ten times worse over there.
    08-17-10 10:03 AM
    The thing is, they *are* insulting forum users. Additionally, as has been stated, there is a difference between disagreeing on a device and bashing. What is going on very often from many people is just simply bashing.
    I report these idiots. I wish everyone else would.
    08-17-10 10:03 AM
    Wow! Y'all are very sensitive. You wouldn't stand a day at MacRumors! It's ten times worse over there.

No, we are expressing a distaste for inmature trolls who do nothing more than provoke without offering any substantive information and without bashing people who don't agree with their chosen platforms.

And.....I wouldn't go to MacRumors. I don't have an iPhone or iPad. I don't go there to troll....
    08-17-10 10:06 AM
    As for what the OP said, I disagree. It's a public forum. It's a place where you can to voice your opinion. There's a search button if you are specifically looking for something. Use it.
    08-17-10 10:06 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD