This is a bit of a rant and might not even belong in this section.

But anyways here goes:
    On iMore I found an article by Simon Sage with the headline 'How to transfer data from BlackBerry 10 to a new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus'.

Nothing wrong with that if you own both brands, but what got me a bit upset, was the way it was written (imo). So because it's new, shiny and supposedly has a lot of new features, we old fart (pardon my french) BlackBerry 10 users should run out and get it. And apparently getting an iPhone will mean a culture shock for those of us who never used one before.

Really Simon? Come on now.

When the Passport comes out, will you get upset if Bla1ze would write an article on how to transfer your data from your shiny iPhone 6 to the BlackBerry Passport? A fully functional featured phone, uniquely shaped, unique keyboard, SD card supported etc.?

Please think before writing these kind of articles, Simon. Especially the way you write about BlackBerry. The reason most of us choose BlackBerry is not because it's shiny or attractive (it's a phone not a person): it's because of its features, ease of use, etc.

Please respect eachother's phone brand choice and don't write articles that would supposedly make users run out like mindless sheep to buy the newest model of brand X.

Thanks for reading. I don't hate anyone, I respect anyone's opinion and just wanted to share my little rant here.

Update:
    Link to Simon's article: http://m.imore.com/how-switch-blackberry-10-ios-8

Update2:
    Kevin's article (see link in comments below) just seems a bit more neutral and actually compares the two brands.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bombastic; 09-22-14 at 05:32 PM.
    09-21-14 10:40 PM
    I think the excitement for new things is just part of the job in that line of work.

Most of the tech "journalists" I read nowadays try to appear sort of equally excited for all new phones regardless of which manufacturer /platform.

I just read the article. Well written and helpful I think to someone that is moving from BlackBerry to iPhone who does not have a good grasp on this.

I think you have to look at the mission of mobile nations as a whole. They want to keep you as a reader regardless of which phones you switch to.
    bombastic likes this.
    09-21-14 11:39 PM
    Much ado about nothing, IMHO. It was geared towards iOS users, no?

If a blog post can literally make one "run out like mindless sheep to buy the newest model of brand X" on a dime, more power to them.
    09-21-14 11:46 PM
    Actually we HAVE had blogs about transferring your data from other platforms to BlackBerry!

http://crackberry.com/thinking-switc...one-blackberry
    09-22-14 03:38 PM
    Actually we HAVE had blogs about transferring your data from other platforms to BlackBerry!

http://crackberry.com/thinking-switc...one-blackberry
    Yup, but the article in your link seems a bit more neutral and actually compares both brands.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 05:14 PM