Just checking in via the 9900. The main forum category list is so long I would have worn out the Trackball on my old 9000 scrolling down.

Is my 9900 spell check not working for forum posts or do I need to reboot my phone and try again. I am on os 7.1.0.714.
    10-05-12 02:25 PM
    Love it, Kevin, and I feel like maybe my input was helpful.
    10-05-12 03:33 PM
    When you click reply in a thread it always goes to Quick Reply. I have to click the Advanced button to get the full editor. If I wanted to use Quick Reply, I would have just started typing in there. If I select Reply, give me the real editor please.
    Click the Reply button twice.
    10-05-12 03:42 PM
    I can't for the life of me get the like and thanks buttons to work...what do I need to do? I even had to log in through my profile....I'm using Chrome...
    10-05-12 06:16 PM
    Many good points for sure in this update, and many more than I probably don't see / can't understand, so first of all, thank's for the great work to make our number one ressource on all things BB the best it can be!

First point, minor, but still: forums don't resize properly on PlayBook, page is just a bit too large.

2nd point: Focus on content: now have to scroll a lot more before getting to content, more than two pages on each step (forum, then thread). Let's break it down:

- Mobile Nation bar: if I bookmarked or googled crackberry, shouldn't the other parts go to end of page?
    - CB bar: much too high for nothing, could't the circle be reduced to fit inside the bar, and divide by two the space used for the same functionality?
    - The advert: suppose we can't get rid of it....
    - Then the huge "CRACKBERRY FORUMS // The #1 Forum Community for All Things BlackBerry" bar: huh??? I already know I'm here, it's highlighted in the CB bar, cause I clicked on it, get rid of this?
    - Then the huge "my nickname + search bar": I already know my nickname, and even on the PlayBook, the search box could be half high and be perfectly usable. Could even find a sweat spot at the end of another bar, maybe the last bar just before content ie the forum I choose?
    - Then the mega-huge "social +popular + most viewed..." bar: please can we get to the point? I've clicked Forums ages ago, may I get there? ;-) Maybe a "Quick links" button for opening an area if there actually are some users using this content, but please don't impose it to everyone, every time, on every page after every click... ;-)
    - Then, oh! Surprise! There's a forum deep down there ;-) Well not really, you still have to go down one more page cause of the stickies, but, hey, these are standard practice... Come to think of it, why not a folder "Stickies - read 1st if you're new here" and just one line used? With maybe a 2nd. line for "Last added sticky"?

Well, for 2cents, I vented a bit... All for the cause! Sorry, I happen to be a designer and I can't help seeing those things... ;-) Thanks for your patience, hope I've managed to add a bit to all the great ideas, cheers and long life to our beloved CrackBerry!
    10-05-12 10:12 PM
    I'm finding it slow to respond to touch and trackpad on my 9900. Other web surfing is fine. Like the look, though.
    10-05-12 10:12 PM
    I can't for the life of me get the like and thanks buttons to work...what do I need to do? I even had to log in through my profile....I'm using Chrome...
    seem to be having trouble with the "like" button as in its not working using Chrome on WinXP computer

I too cannot use the "like" button but i can use the "thanks" button

edit: ok i can like a post but its very specific where you click to get it to work
    10-05-12 10:22 PM
    I love the new format for the forums.

Amazingly I just got a "thanks" from someone but when I click to view the thanks through has been given to me, all I get is "page not found".
    10-06-12 12:10 AM
    Good feedback everywhere guys. Making notes. We have our big bugs / tweaks list we're working on. Will need a couple days to work through things... so keep your eyes peeled for little tweaks.
    10-06-12 12:14 AM
    Hi,
    Viewing on PB browser.
    Hybrid view.
    Select a thread with many posts.
    Reading thru 1st Page of posts fine.
    Click on Page 2 or any other page (3, 4, next, last) and the new pages starts to display.. Gets about 90% there and then reloads Page 1 again.
    Threaded view is similar.. Can read posts individually until I get down the list a bit and then it won't go any farther and brings me back to the top.
    Haven't been able to try linear view.

Thanks your efforts,
    Suz
    10-06-12 06:27 AM
    Tried changing default viewing mode in my settings and increasing number of posts per Page so I can read more on Page 1. Was able to get to linear mode this way, on this thread only!
    The thread I really want to read is this one:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-here-747996/
    But this one will only display hybrid view and the number of posts per page change doesn't seem to work here.
    10-06-12 06:48 AM
    I have noticed two issues.

1. With my playbook the ads on the right hand side of the pages has overlapped the thread. This makes it almost impossible to read the content.

2. With my 9900 I have changed the default font size for easier browser reading. On this Site it now distorts where the text is in the boxes. For example the words "New Thread" are outside the box.

Hope our feedback helps.
    10-06-12 07:11 AM
    I can't get the like button to work on Dolphin browser. I click it and it turns from black to blue but doesn't actually register. I need this functionality for a certain challenge...If you know what I mean!
    10-06-12 07:12 AM
    Like all new things it takes a little time to adjust. I really just started navigating around the new CB forum and at this time these are my concerns. As I play with it more over the weekend there might be more concerns. By the way I use Firefox

1. BRIGHT.....BRIGHT.....WOW.....TOOOOO BRIGHT!!!! I need to wear my sunglasses. Tone down the white color.
    2. What the heck happened to the smilies???? They are so small and so few.
    3. Seems like a lot of wasted space. I now have to scroll (on my pc) to read everything. I'm getting whip lash. How about tightening things up a bit.

I'm sure my concerns have been mentioned but I just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth.
    10-06-12 07:29 AM
    Sorry if this is already asked but where da heck is the "mark all forums read" button?
    Doing individual forums isn't cutting it for me.
    10-06-12 08:38 AM
    This may have been mentioned, but when I click on the envelope and then select Recent Thanks to clear the notification, I get redirected to http://forums.crackberry.com/recent_thanks.php which gives me a page not found error.

Also, the mobile forums are just giving me a white screen.
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 10-06-12 at 12:28 PM.
    SifJar likes this.
    10-06-12 12:01 PM
    I don't know if this was reported: The BOX where you can chose BOLD, Italics or UNDERLINED - the two left-most "highlighters" don't show any symbols but appear blank. One is the yellow highlighter. The other is .... checking now it shows "s and /s"..... Ah, strikeout or strike-through. At least, they are blank on my version of Firefox.
    10-06-12 12:23 PM
    I don't know if this was reported: The BOX where you can chose BOLD, Italics or UNDERLINED - the two left-most "highlighters" don't show any symbols but appear blank. One is the yellow highlighter. The other is .... checking now it shows "s and /s"..... Ah, strikeout or strike-through. At least, they are blank on my version of Firefox.
    Same problem here.
    CrackBerry Forums Upgrade Bug Reporting and Feedback-noiconsbug.png
    10-06-12 12:30 PM
    This may have been mentioned, but when I click on the envelope and then select Recent Thanks to clear the notification, I get redirected to http://forums.crackberry.com/recent_thanks.php which gives me a page not found error.
    Yep, same here, has been like this since I first logged on to teh new look site, very annoying not being able to clear the notification.
    10-06-12 12:49 PM
    Is there any way that we could customise the "PopularForums" links at the top of the page to our own taste/likes/needs ?

Losing the links to the Hybrids and Leaked OS Forums is a real pain in the bum for me and I am sure that there are other members who have lost links to some of their most visited forums.

I end up having 3 tabs open on my broswer as navigating to forums not in the chosen "Popular Forums" is now relatively time consuming.

If we could choose our own "favourites" to go with our individual profiles when logged in that would be super cool.
    rgshah3 likes this.
    10-06-12 12:55 PM
    Same problem here.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	noiconsbug.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	122397
    Which allowed me to notice the one at the other end of that line, next to the # sign is also a blank box. I also miss the OLD smilie choices! (g)
    10-06-12 01:21 PM
    CB notifications show up in two places - at the upper right and under my avatar. But the one I now see is a THANKS but when I try viewing it I get a "page not found" error no matter which one I try using. On the other hand, "likes" have shown me the threads.
    10-06-12 01:33 PM
    CB notifications show up in two places - at the upper right and under my avatar. But the one I now see is a THANKS but when I try viewing it I get a "page not found" error no matter which one I try using. On the other hand, "likes" have shown me the threads.
    I get the error too when I try and view my thanks notifications.
    10-06-12 01:49 PM
    The new mobile website is horrible! Can we have the old website back please?
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-06-12 02:02 PM
    I get the error too when I try and view my thanks notifications.
    Guess that the fix may well be underway as the Thanked button seems to have temporarily disapperared from the forums.
    rgshah3 likes this.
    10-06-12 02:03 PM
165 ... 23456 ...