The CrackBerry blog comment system needs updating. Does anyone know if a new comment system is in the works (Disqus)?

Is CrackBerry worried that opening up the comments to non-registered users would result in an influx of trolls?
    10-18-11 06:42 AM
    I agree the Blog System could use some updating, but Disqus would be a step backwards IMO, using it for multiple sites I fight it slow to load, doesn't work well on mobile version, and yes you get a massive influx of passers by, I know because I've often been a passer buy to a news article saw it was a sign in with twitter, or disqus, and posted my opinion, many times never to return.
    10-18-11 06:49 AM
    I have been to a lot of different site where visitors must register before they can make comments to their websites. To me it makes good sense to be able to block some people from making remarks. Some people can't act like respectable people.
    10-18-11 06:52 AM
    Completely agreed. Needs a facelift, but I'm not sure what the fix is.
    10-18-11 06:49 PM
    Yep, we will be updating it. It's in the pipeline. We experimented with Disqus on our iOS site (TiPb).... thought it might be the way to go but seems to cause as many problems as it solves. I think the decision will be to go with an upgraded in-house system. My goals for it are to have stuff like thumbs up / thumbs down, spam, be able to tie into your account (so you can see all your comments left on previous posts, etc.), and maybe even the ability to follow people (so if somebody you like leaves a comment you get notified).

Really aggressive development roadmap we're tackling right now across our sites... soo all of this kind of stuff is being looked at and revamped as needed. Want to make the site KICK **** to the EXTREME!
    10-18-11 07:15 PM
    Yep, we will be updating it. It's in the pipeline. We experimented with Disqus on our iOS site (TiPb).... thought it might be the way to go but seems to cause as many problems as it solves. I think the decision will be to go with an upgraded in-house system. My goals for it are to have stuff like thumbs up / thumbs down, spam, be able to tie into your account (so you can see all your comments left on previous posts, etc.), and maybe even the ability to follow people (so if somebody you like leaves a comment you get notified).

Really aggressive development roadmap we're tackling right now across our sites... soo all of this kind of stuff is being looked at and revamped as needed. Want to make the site KICK **** to the EXTREME!
    John Yester and ridesno159 like this.
    10-18-11 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD