I've been a CrackBerry reader for five years or so now. It seems that this year the personality of the site really changed with the departure of its founder. Last year there was a full gamut of staff... Kevin, Bla1ze, Adam, Simon, Chris. Now it seems like it's only Bla1ze remaining. CrackBerry has become a one-man show. Yes the other ones pop in once in a while but not often. There used to be so much fun and interaction. Now there's not even podcasts anymore. Its pretty solemn. Is it because of John Chen's declaration that the consumer market will be taking a backseat to enterprise? Anyway, I long for the good old days when this site was not only informative but entertaining. Please make a New Year's resolution to make things fun around here again.
    11-24-14 11:26 PM
    Maybe we need this guy? .......

11-25-14 11:09 AM
    I miss the podcasts. It's nice just to hear the guys bounce ideas off one another and talk about the latest news and events. I thought we would have gotten one after the BES12 launch. Time to get a couple new contributors to the site.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1151 | Bell | via CB10
    11-25-14 11:15 AM
    I miss the podcasts. It's nice just to hear the guys bounce ideas off one another and talk about the latest news and events. I thought we would have gotten one after the BES12 launch. Time to get a couple new contributors to the site.

To catch the latest, it HAS been a while, check here...

Podcasts | CrackBerry.com

For the rest of Mobile Nations check here...

Mobile Nations

You could try your hand at writing a CB front page article...

Homepage Article Submissions - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    11-25-14 11:25 AM
    We definitely need some more fun around here

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-25-14 11:31 AM
    I agree. I want to be entertained! MOAR SHIRTLESS VIDEOS OF KEVIN PLEAZE!!!!

@birdman - It's not an inaccurate observation. I definitely "stepped down" from CrackBerry, and Bla1ze is the new Chief in town. There is definitely no mandate for the site to become boring - I want to see as much fun stuff as possible happening around here, too. We're coming into our year end planning... so we'll see what we can come up with for CB as our New Year's resolution to HAVE MORE FUN in 2015.

Re: Business vs. Consumer and its effects on CrackBerry - BlackBerry is definitely a different company now and heading in a different direction. I think our goal will be to keep the best of what makes CrackBerry CrackBerry on the consumer front while trying to also embrace where BlackBerry is heading. We definitely need to get an "enterprise" contributor on the team who comes from that background and can weigh in on all the new EMM-focused products and services that the company is launching. While CrackBerry's most active users and members are typically individual consumers, we do have a LOT of IT Admins, etc. who visit the site, so we need to make sure we have strong content around EVERYTHING BlackBerry is offering, not just the handsets that we as a community usually get most worked up about (if anybody is interested and that and commit to regular contributions on a part time basis and has the years of experience to know that space well... ping Bla1ze).

Re: Podcast - We're going to do one soon (we were thinking this week, but with US Thanksgiving we'll maybe wait to next week). Actually wanted to do one right after the BES12 Entperise event, but my travel schedule was to crazy.

Long story short, I'll yell at Bla1ze to do better! Lol. Though I think, overall, he's been putting on a great show!
    11-25-14 11:39 AM
    Well, if Blackberry shifts its emphasis the way that Chen says they will then there will probably be a lot less smartphone talk from now on. Enterprise services are interesting but they aren't podcast or video material, especially, if the vast majority of your participants will never get to use them. QNX is interesting but even after hearing about it for years, I still couldn't tell you if my dash system uses it.
    11-25-14 11:58 AM
    I agree. I want to be entertained! MOAR SHIRTLESS VIDEOS OF KEVIN PLEAZE!!!!

@birdman - It's not an inaccurate observation. I definitely "stepped down" from CrackBerry, and Bla1ze is the new Chief in town. There is definitely no mandate for the site to become boring - I want to see as much fun stuff as possible happening around here, too. We're coming into our year end planning... so we'll see what we can come up with for CB as our New Year's resolution to HAVE MORE FUN in 2015.

Re: Business vs. Consumer and its effects on CrackBerry - BlackBerry is definitely a different company now and heading in a different direction. I think our goal will be to keep the best of what makes CrackBerry CrackBerry on the consumer front while trying to also embrace where BlackBerry is heading. We definitely need to get an "enterprise" contributor on the team who comes from that background and can weigh in on all the new EMM-focused products and services that the company is launching. While CrackBerry's most active users and members are typically individual consumers, we do have a LOT of IT Admins, etc. who visit the site, so we need to make sure we have strong content around EVERYTHING BlackBerry is offering, not just the handsets that we as a community usually get most worked up about (if anybody is interested and that and commit to regular contributions on a part time basis and has the years of experience to know that space well... ping Bla1ze).

Re: Podcast - We're going to do one soon (we were thinking this week, but with US Thanksgiving we'll maybe wait to next week). Actually wanted to do one right after the BES12 Entperise event, but my travel schedule was to crazy.

Long story short, I'll yell at Bla1ze to do better! Lol. Though I think, overall, he's been putting on a great show!
    Thanks for the reply Kevin. Bla1ze is a one-man army, so he is doing well. I appreciate you acknowledge the culture of the site has transitioned with the departure of the regular contributors and BlackBerry's change of focus. Bla1ze used to feed off the energy of you guys and come up with some pretty funny stuff. Not picking on him at all, but it seems like things have changed with his increased workload.

Idk, maybe he needs to take over the "Sexy Guys in Yoga Pants" channel or something :P
    Bla1ze likes this.
    11-25-14 12:27 PM
    Idk, maybe he needs to take over the "Sexy Guys in Yoga Pants" channel or something :P
    I don't want that channel LOL.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    11-25-14 01:47 PM
    Yea..what he said!
    Attached Thumbnails CrackBerry is all business-saving-silverman-fun-chart.jpg  
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    11-25-14 03:42 PM
    MOAR SHIRTLESS VIDEOS OF KEVIN PLEAZE!!!!
    I'm still trying to unsee that to this day
    11-27-14 08:12 PM
    MOAR podcasts!! Less shirtless videos of Kevin!!!

And you are doing a great job Bla1ze, don't let Kevin yell at you.

11-28-14 11:59 AM
    Blaize is clearly not the problem. It's all the other people that used to contribute that you now see and hear once in a blue moon. I mean, how can we jump on Blaize when he's the one that's here? Kevin is now super-busy, Adam is running another site, Simon is mostly MIA and Chris only comments when he needs to (we're not even sure if he's returned to the Blackberry camp after his public dissension). That Jubei dude threw a hissy-fit and people like Richard never get deep into their views on stuff. Reporting what's happening is one thing, sharing tips and how-to videos is one thing, but the level of "fanboy-ism" is at a low. We need people to go on rants about BlackBerry in general and the direction the company is going. We need people other than Blaize to weigh in on BlackBerry's new crazy concepts like the upcoming "Visa" device. Just my 2 or 3 cents.

Posted via CB10
    Bla1ze likes this.
    12-01-14 02:02 PM
    ... That Jubei dude threw a hissy-fit ....

Posted via CB10
    I must have been sick or something, because one day he was here, and the next day he was gone :S Anyone know what happened?
    12-01-14 03:27 PM
    I must have been sick or something, because one day he was here, and the next day he was gone :S Anyone know what happened?
    He's writing commentary over at BerryFlow if you're looking for his stuff.

12-01-14 04:02 PM
    It's a long story. And a childish one. Basically he believed he was some kind of CrackBerry superstar and everything he wrote should be published and immediately so. So he had some stuff waiting in the queue (like everyone else) and thought he was being disrespected or sidelined. That's the condensed version from my memory.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 09:07 PM
    Hey Blaize, I just watched some guys from N4BB destroy a Passport. Dropped it off a volcano, hit it with a hammer, drove over it etc. Any chance you would try to destroy yours for our personal entertainment?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 09:09 PM
    Hey Blaize, I just watched some guys from N4BB destroy a Passport. Dropped it off a volcano, hit it with a hammer, drove over it etc. Any chance you would try to destroy yours for our personal entertainment?

Posted via CB10

We got enough people on youtube destroying technology, we would rather give it away!

12-02-14 10:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Killamanjaro drop? the gods must be crazy indeed.

I'm quite experienced in bes administration (dear lord bes almost got auto corrected to bed, lol) yet I don't think I could write an in depth article here.

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    12-02-14 10:12 AM
    We got enough people on youtube destroying technology, we would rather give it away!

^^

What he said.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 06:48 PM
    Bla1ze I have no problem with a policy to give away rather than destroy, as long as I benefit from it. Been knocking on the door for so long and can't win anything from this site. Lol.

Passported to you with a touch enabled keyboard!
    12-10-14 04:36 PM