As I wrote above, I also have the skew error (as I call it) where the logo/header stuff is aligned correctly (well, visible and centered) but the forum lists and then within any subforum, the threads are all off the right side of the screen. This is in Firefox.

This evening if I get a chance, I may attempt to surgically move the firefox profile and all of its files/folders from this netbook (where stuff shows correctly) to my desktop computer and see if that makes a difference.

It really is hard to read with constant scrolling and so I'm visiting less often. I'm sure that they don't want to lose viewers so it does need to be addressed.
    11-30-10 11:52 AM
    I'm running IE8 and have absolutely no problems, I rather like the redesign.
    LrdAnkh likes this.
    11-30-10 12:19 PM
    Again, this needs to be moved to the new Official CrackBerry Redesign Thread!. You might get a better response in the forum section that is for this type of issue. If it doesn't get moved you should post your issues over there.
    In the first place only an admin can move it, in the second place here it gets more exposure to people who will be having the same issue and they can chime in few of us if any know of a specific area for this and in the third place i have written to the people in charge to no avail it is being ignored so movin it will accomplish the same ignoring it.
    11-30-10 02:11 PM
    I'm running IE8 and have absolutely no problems, I rather like the redesign.
    We dont care about how good it runs in IE* i have tried it works, I use Firefox fix it foe Firefox, it just goes to prove my point it is a coding issue that only affects certain users in Firefox since there are some instances where it works fine, as the second poster and others have shown. I am viewing this in Firefox at work and it works fine, it works on a netbook my son has using firefox, it does not work on my main machine at home which is what i use and i have gone through all the settings with a fine tooth comb side by side and there are no different settings.
    11-30-10 02:14 PM
    We dont care about how good it runs in IE* i have tried it works, I use Firefox fix it foe Firefox, it just goes to prove my point it is a coding issue that only affects certain users in Firefox since there are some instances where it works fine, as the second poster and others have shown. I am viewing this in Firefox at work and it works fine, it works on a netbook my son has using firefox, it does not work on my main machine at home which is what i use and i have gone through all the settings with a fine tooth comb side by side and there are no different settings.
    If it works fine for some users of Firefox and not others then it is probably not a coding issue. It either has to do with settings or some problem with the computer it is running on. Coding problems are not selective to certain computers, they either work or they don't.

I would say that the only excetion is if there is some kind of coding errror in FireFox that resoponds differently based on hardware.
    Last edited by BoDeb; 11-30-10 at 02:43 PM. Reason: add comment
    11-30-10 02:41 PM
    I talked to the webmaster at our company and she says that she has seen this type of behavior and that it certainly can be a coding error and the selectivity is a possibility.
    11-30-10 05:45 PM
    And the weirdest thing just happened as i entered the above response the problem fixed itself for me, now if other notice a fix then I would have to stick to my original assessment. BTW i changed nothing in my machine.
    11-30-10 05:49 PM
    I'm usong IE8 and it works perfectly. Always has. See no need to change.

CrackBerry works perfectly and so do any other sites I visit. I do not see why anyone would use any other browser. They just have confusing user interfaces imo.
    11-30-10 05:54 PM
    So LrdAnkh, Are you good to go now? If you check out the official redesign thread, you'll see I posted an update a little while ago. We pushed live a bunch of the IE 7 CSS tweaks we were working on. It may have fixed your issue too.

If you're on the latest version of firefox, I dont think the issue you had would have been there... but on certain older versions maybe. Should be good to go now (i hope) regardless.

K
    11-30-10 06:03 PM
    This might be of interest re: browser testing. Acid3 Browser Test - The Web Standards Project
    11-30-10 06:06 PM
    I'm usong IE8 and it works perfectly. Always has. See no need to change.

CrackBerry works perfectly and so do any other sites I visit. I do not see why anyone would use any other browser. They just have confusing user interfaces imo.
    IE8 is better than previous versions of IE. IE6 is so insecure it needs to die! IE7 is not much better than IE6.
    11-30-10 06:08 PM
    IE8 is better than previous versions of IE. IE6 is so insecure it needs to die! IE7 is not much better than IE6.
    + a bunch on that. I have IE8 and just saw something recently that IE9 is in beta, I'll probably load that in the near future and see what they have done for it. I've tried some of the other browsers and always come back to IE, works well for me so I'll be staying with it, kind of like BB I'm staying with it too.
    11-30-10 06:25 PM
    So LrdAnkh, Are you good to go now? If you check out the official redesign thread, you'll see I posted an update a little while ago. We pushed live a bunch of the IE 7 CSS tweaks we were working on. It may have fixed your issue too.

If you're on the latest version of firefox, I dont think the issue you had would have been there... but on certain older versions maybe. Should be good to go now (i hope) regardless.

K
    Yes i had the latest version of Firefox,and as far as I am concerned it is a better faster browser than IE* can hope to be. And yes the changes you pushed fixed the problem so again I restate that there was a coding problem which you just resolved, thank you for listening and taking action.
    11-30-10 06:52 PM
    I'm afraid I may jinx things - but I just logged on at home ready to close Firefox, backup my profile and install the work-machine profile, and it appears to be working.

DON'T TOUCH ANOTHER THING!!! (G)

And I was and continue to use the most recent version of firefox. Actually, the one at work was older and it worked but I upgraded it this morning, checked CB and it was fine, then closed FF and copied that profile for home-machine use. But hopefully, it is unnecessary.

I repeat:

DON'T TOUCH ANOTHER THING!!! (G)
    11-30-10 08:01 PM
    Another vote for a fixed coding problem.
    11-30-10 08:30 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD