Or care to even guess? How much money do Companies like Verizon and TMobile contribute to a forum like this? I just made a legitimate complaint post on this web site about Verizon Wireless and it was IMMEDIATELY (less than 5 mins) removed. Only one reason for that as I see it. I have to tell you, I hate web sites that censor there users because of who is paying there bills. Its an honest thread and there was no good reason to close/move (sweep it under the carpet) that I can see.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/we...erizon-383975/
    Last edited by Bettermost; 12-12-09 at 05:06 AM.
    12-12-09 04:41 AM
    IMO carriers don't contribute to this website; the only reason I can think of about the removal is that CB would be in Big Trouble for hosting such posts.
    12-12-09 06:00 AM
    I think zero dollars- They may have members just to share info or provided help just like you or me. They make even use people just to get a guage how people feel about service, devices, and confidence.
    12-12-09 06:02 AM
    Your thread was not removed, it was closed by a Moderator. I see that Moderator posted a link that you could post in, but the original location for your thread wasn't in the proper subforum. Hence its closure.
    For the record, no carriers contribute any kind of money to CrackBerry.com and to suggest otherwise is incorrect. Furthermore, to suggest that CrackBerry is in the pocket of carriers, and that we "remove" threads that aren't so nice to said carriers is absurd. As long as the threads are posted in the proper location and are respectful to all parties involved, they will not be removed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 06:22 AM
    I don't know/care who funds the site. I love the site and will log off when I feel a different way.

Sidebar: AT&T if you are reading this, FIX THIS 3G CALL FAILED issue dammit!! Lol

12-12-09 06:44 AM
    Your thread was not removed, it was closed by a Moderator. I see that Moderator posted a link that you could post in, but the original location for your thread wasn't in the proper subforum. Hence its closure.
    For the record, no carriers contribute any kind of money to CrackBerry.com and to suggest otherwise is incorrect. Furthermore, to suggest that CrackBerry is in the pocket of carriers, and that we "remove" threads that aren't so nice to said carriers is absurd. As long as the threads are posted in the proper location and are respectful to all parties involved, they will not be removed.

So then how are posters supposed to know what location is proper for such a thread. My thread was not moved anywhere it was locked 4 miniutes after I posted it. Looks like carpet sweeping to me. If it was moved I could understand that. The only reason to lock what I said and not move it is to try to bury it and keep others from posting there own Verizon policy horror stories and make them look even worse. IMO Someone is getting "something" from someone here....
    Last edited by Bettermost; 12-12-09 at 08:55 AM.
    12-12-09 08:37 AM
    If your post relates to the following IMO:

1) Device - this is the forum
    2) Apps - Third Party App forum
    3) Themes - Themes forum
    4) Accessories - cases, holsters, etc on the accessories forum
    5) Carrier - on the Carrier forum

It is difficult with the thousands of posts for the forum moderators, who do a great job, by the way, of making sure every post is in the right forum. I do admit that it is a bit easier to get issues related to the above topics specific to the 9700 answered since this is where most 9700 owner congregate.
    12-12-09 08:58 AM
    So then how are posters supposed to know what location is proper for such a thread. My thread was not moved anywhere it was locked 4 miniutes after I posted it. Looks like carpet sweeping to me. If it was moved I could understand that. The only reason to lock what I said and not move it is to try to bury it and keep others from posting there own Verizon policy horror stories and make them look even worse. IMO Someone is getting "something" from someone here....
    Should have posted it in the Verizon forum then none of this would have happened to you.
    12-12-09 09:02 AM
    If your post relates to the following IMO:

1) Device - this is the forum
    2) Apps - Third Party App forum
    3) Themes - Themes forum
    4) Accessories - cases, holsters, etc on the accessories forum
    5) Carrier - on the Carrier forum

It is difficult with the thousands of posts for the forum moderators, who do a great job, by the way, of making sure every post is in the right forum. I do admit that it is a bit easier to get issues related to the above topics specific to the 9700 answered since this is where most 9700 owner congregate.
    Since my post was about returning new FAULTY equipment within the 30 day exchange policy it has every right to be in the NEW hardware section IMO. Turns out however not only did the phone fail so did Verizon wireless. Wouldn't you want people to know that?
    Last edited by Bettermost; 12-12-09 at 09:10 AM.
    12-12-09 09:05 AM
    Should have posted it in the Verizon forum then none of this would have happened to you.
    Correct. That is the exact forum in which it or others of the sort should be posted. TY

12-12-09 09:27 AM
    Since my post was about returning new FAULTY equipment within the 30 day exchange policy it has every right to be in the NEW hardware section IMO. Turns out however not only did the phone fail so did Verizon wireless. Wouldn't you want people to know that?
    Being able to post on this or any other forum is not a right at all. There are terms you agree to obey when you first join follow them and all is good.
    12-12-09 11:55 AM
    Being able to post on this or any other forum is not a right at all. There are terms you agree to obey when you first join follow them and all is good.
    So what you are saying is a post like this (link below) is relevant to the conversation here about the 9700 and shouldn't be locked but If I have trouble with a service provider its a no no to post it here and has no relevancy to the phone? I call it a double standard or worse.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f45/i-d...uality-368391/
    Last edited by Bettermost; 12-12-09 at 12:23 PM.
    12-12-09 12:20 PM
    Just trying to help...issue related to the device are posted elsewhere...
    12-12-09 12:29 PM
    I have noticed CB is very lax on everything in terms of discussion. They don't' censor.
    12-12-09 12:39 PM
    If by "carpet sweeping" you mean swept under the rug, you're completely
    wrong. If the mod wanted he could have deleted the thread all together.
    What he did was post you the link to post your gripe in the correct thread.

Since you didn't know about the correct thread he made it easier for you to
    do so. Less threads on the same thing equal less clutter.
    12-12-09 12:45 PM
    If by "carpet sweeping" you mean swept under the rug, you're completely
    wrong. If the mod wanted he could have deleted the thread all together.
    What he did was post you the link to post your gripe in the correct thread.

Since you didn't know about the correct thread he made it easier for you to
    do so. Less threads on the same thing equal less clutter.
    All im saying it would have been nice to get some feedback from other members here that also cancelled there Verizon contracts within the 30 day period. It could have been moved that would have been fine but instead it was locked and thats very fishy to me. When posts like this are left to stand and deemed OK. http://forums.crackberry.com/f45/i-d...uality-368391/
    Last edited by Bettermost; 12-12-09 at 01:29 PM.
    12-12-09 01:27 PM
    AWWW. My 'first' post was moderated out. It was just as helpful and thoughtful as the OP. Let me make a thread about that....
    12-12-09 05:08 PM
    I was the one who closed the thread. I'm not sure why it's fishy as the thread can still be seen and was not deleted. We created a master thread for those switching from a BlackBerry to another device (including BlackBerry devices). Also, the thread you pointed out is in the correct section.

to try to bury it and keep others from posting there own Verizon policy horror stories and make them look even worse. IMO Someone is getting "something" from someone here....
    Is there something stopping you from putting your rant in the thread that I pointed out to you? Would there be something to stop someone from responding to a post within the "correct" thread? No and no.

As with this question, it is being moved to the "Site Questions and Bug Reporting" as that would be the correct place to ask a "site" related question. In the future, you can also PM me or any moderator for further questions you may have on any moderating that was done on a thread/post of yours.
    12-12-09 06:18 PM
    Less threads on the same thing equal less clutter.
    and also lots easier for people to find info by searching ( but that's off topic)
    12-12-09 06:36 PM
    I made a rant about a carrier in the Storm Rants/Raves section and it was never moved or locked or anything.

Probably what everyone has been saying, you posting in the wrong place and you were told/redirected to another forum...

The forum is public, I highly doubt the carriers pay for crackberry......
    12-15-09 01:21 AM

The forum is public, I highly doubt the carriers pay for crackberry......
    With all the plotting, thievery, and overall scamming of the carriers I'd be willing to bet they hate this place. This site is a gold mine of ideas that hurt their business.
    12-15-09 01:48 AM
    With all the plotting, thievery, and overall scamming of the carriers I'd be willing to bet they hate this place. This site is a gold mine of ideas that hurt their business.
    yup, especially with all the unlocking and jailbreaking threads and stuff haha.

reps do come here though, and hey, sometimes if a VZW rep doesn't know something, he/she will send me here haha. This place is full of info that they don't know about... but if they controlled this place, it would be WAY more tight knit... isn't there even a SECTION for how to unlock your phone and stuff?
    12-15-09 01:54 AM
    All im saying it would have been nice to get some feedback from other members here that also cancelled there Verizon contracts within the 30 day period. It could have been moved that would have been fine but instead it was locked and thats very fishy to me. When posts like this are left to stand and deemed OK. http://forums.crackberry.com/f45/i-d...uality-368391/
    Bettermost,

That thread you keep referring to was moved to our Social Forums, on the same day it was posted. Some threads get moved, some get closed, it's up to the mod and the situation. Duvi explained to you why he closed the thread. He also provided you a link to an existing thread that we have just for rants like that.

I'm really at a loss as to why you are making such a big deal about this!
    12-15-09 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD