Hey CrackBerry Nation,

We Did It! The new CrackBerry is finally here.

See the Announcement: Introducing the New CrackBerry! | CrackBerry.com

See the Rationale behind the design: CrackBerry 10 Explained by the Design Team | CrackBerry.com

BUG FIXING TIME!

Now that we're live, we're into the next mode. Bug fixes! Bugs happen. We know they are there. We're going to be on top of fixing them. We need your help to find them. To help us find them, we need you to give us CLEAR AND DETAILED FEEDBACK. Please follow for the format below on reporting bugs, and please don't do anything else on this thread but report bugs (you can give your opinion on another thread). Our tech team will monitor this thread and update posts as we check the bugs off the list. Thanks for the help!

I'll kick things off below with a bug. When it's your turn, copy and paste and fill in the blanks.

Thanks! And enjoy the new site.
    pepe68 likes this.
    03-07-13 12:05 AM
    Device: Desktop computer (Mac)
    Browser: Chrome and Firefox
    Related URL: BlackBerry Z10 | CrackBerry.com

Observation: When you click on the Recent News button (top left of the site, utility bar), then click off it, then back on, the graphic changes from having rounded corners to a square corner.

(Note, if you have screen caps to help illustrate your issue, please attach them!).
    03-07-13 12:09 AM
    Device: BlackBerry Z10, iPhone 5
    Browser: BB10, Mobile Safari
    Related URL: Homepage

Observation: I'm not automatically getting redirected to the mobile site. Instead I'm getting the full site.

FROM TECH: Mobile Redirects should be working properly now for phones and tablets!
    Last edited by CrackBerry Kevin; 03-07-13 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Tech Response
    03-07-13 12:10 AM
    Folks. when I clicked on the Buy Z10 Accessories link it brings me to the ca.crackberry commercial site. Its a small thing but I was expecting to see a header or visible link back to the main CB CrackBerry site. Perhaps its there but I cannot see it.

Cheers.

FROM TECH: So there are links back to the community. They're on the left side of the store in the utility bar, under Community. Not totally obvious though. We'll work on getting some cleaner/faster navigation higher up. Thanks for the feedkback!
    Last edited by CrackBerry Kevin; 03-07-13 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Tech Response
    03-07-13 12:20 AM
    When I clicked to "add my timezone" for my passport id on the home page after logging in, the site wouldn't load to reach it.

FROM TECH TEAM: THIS IS FIXED. That time zone prompt is disabled. Was not needed.
    Last edited by CrackBerry Kevin; 03-07-13 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Tech Response
    03-07-13 12:38 AM
    Device: BlackBerry Z10, iPhone 5
    Browser: BB10, Mobile Safari
    Related URL: Homepage

Observation: I'm not automatically getting redirected to the mobile site. Instead I'm getting the full site.
    Perhaps you've already thought of this Fearless Leader, but I'll ask because you've had one or two things on your mind.

For your Z10, do you have Desktop Mode enabled? Just wondering if that could be why, on the Z anyway.

Posted via CB10

KEVIN RESPONSE: LOL. Good thought! I did it have it disabled though. We need to do a little work still on mobile redirects. Lots of mobile phones not getting sent to mobile site automatically yet. High priority - will be fixed up soon!
    Last edited by CrackBerry Kevin; 03-07-13 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Kevin Response
    03-07-13 12:39 AM
    Device: Desktop computer (Bindowz)
    Browser: Chrome
    Related URL: Forums (anywhere)

Observation: Clicking the notifications/new messages tab results in the PM section of the popup to be cut off by the top nav bar. Resolution: 1366 X 768.

Screen shot attached.
    Bug Reporting for the New CrackBerry Website!-pms.png
    Branta likes this.
    03-07-13 12:44 AM
    Device: Desktop computer (Windows 7)
    Related URL: Forums (anywhere)

Observation:The "search forums" and "Find your device forum" search bars are misaligned. Looks odd. These two search boxes DO work how ever.

And apparently I cant get the image uploader to work with jpg or png files either ......

Edit: Got image uploader to work .... obviously
    Attached Thumbnails Bug Reporting for the New CrackBerry Website!-cb-error.jpg  
    03-07-13 01:03 AM
    Just a small one, not sure if it's a bug.

On the old site i had a Stylish theme for the Forum so it was dark.

How do i get this back?
    03-07-13 02:17 AM
    When trying to access a comments page on m.crackberry.com on my 9700, I get "Page too large to load" :-(
    03-07-13 03:07 AM
    Device: Playbook

Issue: The new site loads horribly slow on a playbook to the point it's not worth visiting on it.

Also the ad is messing up the widget

Last edited by SparkyBC; 03-07-13 at 04:12 AM.
    Branta likes this.
    03-07-13 03:50 AM
    Device: PC (Windows)
    Related URL: BlackBerry Z10 Review | CrackBerry.com

The page is trying to reach some content on "preview.crackberry.com" server and it asks for a password to access that host.
    03-07-13 04:02 AM
    When I try to send one of the Free Blackberry Ringtones to my email, or download one of the ringtones, I get an error message: Access Denied. Bug, or something I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
    tryfe likes this.
    03-07-13 04:11 AM
    I haven't found any bugs so far right now, but if I do, I'll definitely screencap 'em and post them all here. CHEERS to team crackberry!!!
    03-07-13 04:35 AM
    Device: playbook 16g
    Browser: native

Many issues:
    This is a copy and paste from the "new site explained" article that i posted in...

Well i'll start by saying it looks cleaner but that's about it... I tend to be mostly on my playbook and compared to the old look this is a lot worse... 1st, it now takes a good 12-17 sec. for the blue "loading" bar to finish loading which means you get checkerbording up and down the whole site...the old site didn't take this long.... Not to mention this long loading happens anywhere you click so it could literally take you close to a minute to get to and read 1 article...major delay when typing in the forums...about 5-7 sec before text types out.

I liked having the latest news right on the home page BIG with a brief (sometimes full) text that would determine whether or not i want to continue reading or comment on the article... The new site "explained" claims there is a way to go back to the old style but i don't see anywhere to do that.... I will probably repeat this if there is a forum for it in here since my comment will soon be buried under several pages with no easy way of finding it (a feature that's in the forums but not here??)...

Also, as i type this and wanting to make a correction or two, i can't get the cursor on the playbook to hone in on a particular spot. It literally stalled and jumped from one spot to the next...(never happened before)...not sure if this is considered a bug or not....i just noticed something else in here.... All comments look blurry unless you pinch and zoom...they didn't before....

Before anyone suggest i do a wipe or cleanup on my playbook, i'd like to point out that i've been using it all day today with no issues of any kind. I only encountered these issues on the new crackberry site ONLY....even the old site performed faster than this new design... If it isn't improved i will have to resort to using the barebones crackberry app, if at all....

Just noticed: the typing delay may be caused by the "auto save" feature when typing a comment.
    Last edited by omega supreme; 03-07-13 at 04:55 AM.
    03-07-13 04:38 AM
    Device: BB9900
    Browser: native

Issue: forums are very difficult to read. Not formatting to the phone. Double tap does format but. Then the type is too small to read. Otherwise need to scroll from side to side to read.

Reply is even worse. Tiny, tiny. Cannot make large enough to read without a magnifying glass.
    Last edited by sedalia066; 03-07-13 at 06:15 AM.
    03-07-13 05:08 AM
    Code field grey, just as the text. Text inside the code field is not visible

Link with photos:

http://forums.crackberry.com/site-news-feedback-help-f19/topic-code-almost-not-visibile-mobile-view-773906-new/
    03-07-13 05:50 AM
    [B]Device:[B]Torch 9800
    URL:Homepage
    Observation:At the Homepage, at the top "widget i assume" doesn't load the links. I just see a blank box, then CrackBerry, then 2 more blank boxes. Don't know what they are till I click on them.
    03-07-13 06:15 AM
    Device: Desktop computer (Windows XP) Work Computer
    Browser: IE8
    Related URL: crackberry.com
    Observation: When I go to crackberry.com my internet explorer freezes. The other mobile nation sites work just fine.
    03-07-13 06:25 AM
    Device: Desktop (PC)
    Browser: Chrome and Firefox
    Related URL: Browse HD Wallpapers | CrackBerry.com / Browse 768x1280 Wallpapers | CrackBerry.com

Observation: It shows number counts of available images but when clicked on to open/see the image, nothing shows up.
    All other devices have wallpapers that show up perfectly.

*UPDATE* It now shows the wallpaper pics however the 'e-mail to device' function does not work.
    Last edited by ejej; 03-07-13 at 07:03 AM.
    03-07-13 06:37 AM
    The new site and forums are unusable on a PlayBook and barely usable on a 9900, even the mobile view.

You need to turn off some feature or whatever is causing the problem when accessing with a BlackBerry device.
    03-07-13 07:14 AM
    I will second this bug.
    Device: Windows 7 SP1 @work
    Browser: IE8 8.0.7601.17514
    Related: crackberry.com

Error on page. Freezes browser, needs to be shut through task manager.

Device: Desktop computer (Windows XP) Work Computer
    Browser: IE8
    Related URL: crackberry.com
    Observation: When I go to crackberry.com my internet explorer freezes. The other mobile nation sites work just fine.
    03-07-13 07:28 AM
    My internet browser freezes when I go to new Crackberry website; can only shut down using task manager. Running Windows 7, IE8.
    03-07-13 07:48 AM
    I have only one request... PLEASE go back to what worked on my Playbook. I've come to my PC for the first time in years to post this rant. I can no longer use this Blackberry site on my Blackberry Playbook... anyone see the irony here? The pages load impossibly sloooooow. Every single Crackberry update has made the Playbook experience worse. Check my few other posts. I don't rant... ever. This is a first. Please don't tell me to disable flash or any other "fix". You have broken whatever made your site work on my tablet and I miss surfing the forums very, very much... JoAnn
    03-07-13 08:12 AM
    The new site and forums are unusable on a PlayBook and barely usable on a 9900, even the mobile view. You need to turn off some feature or whatever is causing the problem when accessing with a BlackBerry device.
    I agree. Even with JavaScript off its very slow. My 9900 is a little better but yes, it is approaching unusable.
    03-07-13 08:14 AM
218 123 ...