Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Simple Mobile Compatible on 9700?

Im hearing mixed things about this like certain things wont work. All i need to work is SMS and Email, im going to give my blackberry to a relative and he wants simple mobile. Does Email work on this?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    That's for me to know and you to guess!

For email to work you will require a BB data plan. SMS will work without without one.
    Do as you would be done by and 12 pence to the shilling (or 100 cents to the dollar).

Into every life a little ale must pour
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts

Simple Mobile, well, I've see many threads about them on here.
    It's an extremely long process to get it somewhat working. The device won't work fully.
    You won't be connected to Blackberry Internet Service so E-Mail, BBM, and every other application that goes through Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) will not work.

If you really want a cheap plan, and a blackberry, I recommend Virgin Mobile.
    $35 for 300 minutes and unlimited everything else is a steal. Just make sure Sprint has good coverage in your area since they use the same towers.
    Perhaps life is just that...a dream and a fear.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Ok so there is no possible way i can get the email to work since its on BIS correct? The reason i wanted simplemobile for my relative so he wouldnt have to buy a phone ill just give him my bb.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by youuishype View Post
    Ok so there is no possible way i can get the email to work since its on BIS correct? The reason i wanted simplemobile for my relative so he wouldnt have to buy a phone ill just give him my bb.
    Well, SMS and calling will work.
    But, like I said in my previous post, since Simple Mobile doesn't offer BIS, it won't get E-Mail, BlackBerry Messenger and all that.
    Perhaps life is just that...a dream and a fear.