Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default HELP!!!: BIS Activation on Simple Mobile 9930(UNLOCKED)

Hello guys,
    Does anyone knows if you can activate an unlocked 9930 originally from VERIZON on Simple Mobile? The phone is currently unsupported even if your SIM has either 3G 50$ plan or the 4G 60$ plan. This is my only phone and i desperately want to work fully with the BIS network. Can anyone help?? THey say T-MObile APN settings will work, but is it true? HELP
    CrackBerry Addict

If it's unlocked and free of any holds or security reports....sure. You could use CDMA or GSM. Others may be able to help as well.

Sent from my VZW 9330.
    Sent using my PlayBook or my 9930.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,110 Global Posts

Only support on 2G and you might have to carry over a simplemobile service books using a program called crackutil. APN settings would enable you to run the web browser.
    Thanked by:
    millien9930 (11-14-2013) 
    millien9930 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thanks but how do i get BBM and the rest? i paid for the BB plan for simple mobile really wanna crack up the APN settings, i was told tmobile works. HELP.
    WhAT is CRACKUTIL?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,218 Global Posts

You need to find the Simple Mobile service books. They might or might not be available. Otherwise, you need to use a 9900 instead.
    CrackBerry Addict

A 9900 will work perfectly becuase it is a GSM device. You might try Boost Mobile instead, I think you'll have a better chance. Boost works with CDMA.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

OK GUYS!!!!!!!!!! i have found a solution. my 9930 originally from verizon UNLOCKEd works 100% on SIMPLE MOBILE !! all my BIS is up and running under "EDGE" not "edge". It was very simple, i tweaked the Engineering Screen settings (they're hidden, but there is a way to get to the screen). Everything works except for the email. Even simple mobile blackberry customer care told me that "your phone 9930 is unsupported" and that "i have never heard someone to get it working...". LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED HELP.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    361 Global Posts

I have mine working fine except for email. Weird thing is bbm works on wifi for me also.
    CrackBerry User

Email is a pretty big thing to most people... At least in the professional world.
    CrackBerry Newbie

i need help plz with my bb9930
    CrackBerry Newbie

kano2012 am in trinidad i have an bb9930 from verizon but i cant get no BIS on my carrier because i have no service books need help plz
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

There are a few threads on this. Search up simple mobile 9930 in the forums and you'll find them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    Flamers, don't even try, I have my waterhose ready
    GNU/Linux distros of choice: Ubuntu, Mint (or anything based on debian that's still geared towards beginners and isn't too bloated).

My Tweets, Wordpress Blog, My Statuses, My Formspring.me & Videos (Viddler), (Dailymotion), (YouTube Partner channel)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

Download the service books and install it manually on your Blackberry first, make sure the BIS settings are set correctly..
    register the device using the host routing table option..

You will get 2G connection because of the frequency bands used on the CDMA/GSM version of your Blackberry.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

This link is very helpful. The guy did a great job figuring this stuff out. You need to be careful when you are getting the code for Engineering screen on the "generator" webpage. --you see what i mean.--i took me 2hrs to get mine, probably you too, but it does WORK FINE. Goodluck

How to activate all the features on a unlocked blackberry 9930 bold for tmobile
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default need help with 9930 for simple mobile

I need help setting up my bbm and web on my 9930

Quote Originally Posted by kano2012 View Post
    OK GUYS!!!!!!!!!! i have found a solution. my 9930 originally from verizon UNLOCKEd works 100% on SIMPLE MOBILE !! all my BIS is up and running under "EDGE" not "edge". It was very simple, i tweaked the Engineering Screen settings (they're hidden, but there is a way to get to the screen). Everything works except for the email. Even simple mobile blackberry customer care told me that "your phone 9930 is unsupported" and that "i have never heard someone to get it working...". LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED HELP.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,110 Global Posts

you'll need to use a program called crackutil to carry over service books.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kano2012 View Post
    hey.... wud u tell me how to go about this problem... even i have simple mobile (BB9800torch unlocked) . simple mobile does not support this phone.... It would be great to have something started if not all the features like ...rite bow, nothin is workin not even teh internet

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by guru9800BB View Post
    hey.... wud u tell me how to go about this problem... even i have simple mobile (BB9800torch unlocked) . simple mobile does not support this phone.... It would be great to have something started if not all the features like ...rite bow, nothin is workin not even teh internet
    Quote Originally Posted by freethisberrydotcom View Post
    you'll need to use a program called crackutil to carry over service books.
    That utility mentioned is available by giving google a search for it. I haven't needed to use it, but you should be able to give it a shot. Best of luck. If it still doesn't work, there are other carriers.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Can't seem to get Sprint 9930 to access BIS
    Ok this is what you need to do:
    1/ You need to have BIS on your line first
    2/ Press ALT + CAP + H on your home screen, then enter the code that you find here:Zibri's Blog: Hidden things are usually the best (you won't see the code on the screen as you type, but just type it), this will give you access to the engineering screen.

Enter on the above form
    the data you see on your 'crippled' screen.
    For App Version you must include
    the space and parethesis.
    For Uptime, just enter the number.
    After filling all the form, you'll
    get your key.
    To enter it just press the keys.
    (You won't see anything)
    Use ALT for numbers and
    normal keys for the characters.
    To enter C8, for example, you
    will have to type: c then ALT+x
    As soon as you have entered all 8
    characters you will see the above
    screen every time you will
    press ALT+CAP+H

3/ Go here: Radio Engineering Screens (Multi) – then go to 3GPP Radio Engineering Screens :then go to GCF
    Change these settings: GCF NV Flag: Enabled and Sim Electrical Test: On (your device will reset)
    4/ Then go back here: Radio Engineering Screens (Multi) or 3GPP Radio Engineering Screens : Utilities
    a) Ping self: if it says something like "ICMP ping received in 19ms" -> go to step 2;
    if it says "can't open APN" -> go to your normal Advanced Option screen/TCP IP and check the box "APN Settings Enabled"
    if it says "Blackberry tunnel cannot open" -> turn off and on your GSM network. (Wireless Settings turn Off then back on) Then press ALT + CAP + H to get back to the Utilities (Radio Engineering Screen)
    Step 2
    Change these settings: HRT: Enabled and Tmod ECN :Enabled
    a) Click on PS Detach (nothing will happen), check Ping Self again it will say ICMP Failed
    b) Click on PS Attach. You have to be patient here. Wait for the registration message from RIM and EDGE (not lowercase “edge”)
    The 2 last steps are very important, if nothing happens after a few minutes, PS Detach and then PS Attach right away (you can skip the Ping Self step now), and then wait 3-5 mins. Do it again if nothing yet. I did mine 4-5 times before I received the message from RIM.
    After you see EDGE and a message from RIM, go to Host Routing Table and Register Now.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Can't seem to get Sprint 9930 to access BIS
    Ok this is what you need to do:
    1/ You need to have BIS on your line first
    2/ Press ALT + CAP + H on your home screen, then enter the code that you find here:Zibri's Blog: Hidden things are usually the best (you won't see the code on the screen as you type, but just type it), this will give you access to the engineering screen.
    Your key is:580E8A5A
    Enter on the above form
    the data you see on your 'crippled' screen.
    For App Version you must include
    the space and parethesis.
    For Uptime, just enter the number.
    After filling all the form, you'll
    get your key.
    To enter it just press the keys.
    (You won't see anything)
    Use ALT for numbers and
    normal keys for the characters.
    To enter C8, for example, you
    will have to type: c then ALT+x
    As soon as you have entered all 8
    characters you will see the above
    screen every time you will
    press ALT+CAP+H

3/ Go here: Radio Engineering Screens (Multi) – then go to 3GPP Radio Engineering Screens :then go to GCF
    Change these settings: GCF NV Flag: Enabled and Sim Electrical Test: On (your device will reset)
    4/ Then go back here: Radio Engineering Screens (Multi) or 3GPP Radio Engineering Screens : Utilities
    a) Ping self: if it says something like "ICMP ping received in 19ms" -> go to step 2;
    if it says "can't open APN" -> go to your normal Advanced Option screen/TCP IP and check the box "APN Settings Enabled"
    if it says "Blackberry tunnel cannot open" -> turn off and on your GSM network. (Wireless Settings turn Off then back on) Then press ALT + CAP + H to get back to the Utilities (Radio Engineering Screen)
    Step 2
    Change these settings: HRT: Enabled and Tmod ECN :Enabled
    a) Click on PS Detach (nothing will happen), check Ping Self again it will say ICMP Failed
    b) Click on PS Attach. You have to be patient here. Wait for the registration message from RIM and EDGE (not lowercase “edge”)
    The 2 last steps are very important, if nothing happens after a few minutes, PS Detach and then PS Attach right away (you can skip the Ping Self step now), and then wait 3-5 mins. Do it again if nothing yet. I did mine 4-5 times before I received the message from RIM.
    After you see EDGE and a message from RIM, go to Host Routing Table and Register Now.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default need help for bb9930 for simple mobile

i have an unlocked sprint 9930 and i need the uppercase "EDGE" mine is lowercase. i need my internet to work, and my mms messages.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default need help for bb9930 for simple mobile

i have an unlocked sprint 9930 and i need the uppercase "EDGE" mine is lowercase. i need my internet to work, and my mms messages.

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Cunningham View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Cunningham View Post
    No need to bump twice with the same thing. You are better off using a 9900 instead due to it being all GSM and trouble-free activation. The 9930 has a primary dominant CDMA radio that will give you large amounts of trouble just to get the GSM roaming only sim slot working. If it doesn't work, you can't use it. Simple as that.
    Flamers, don't even try, I have my waterhose ready
    GNU/Linux distros of choice: Ubuntu, Mint (or anything based on debian that's still geared towards beginners and isn't too bloated).

My Tweets, Wordpress Blog, My Statuses, My Formspring.me & Videos (Viddler), (Dailymotion), (YouTube Partner channel)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Bold 9930 screen setting

hey i facing the same problem with my verizon 9930, its unlocked and i have my sim from my other blackberry registered with Simple mobile and i paid for the $50 BIS plan. how do i do the screen settings to get my phone working.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,218 Global Posts

gkamaz43, read post #14 in this thread. Click on that link and follow the instructions.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast