Hi guys, everytime I am accessing my laptop in file manager using BlackBerry Link it shows the below error. Just yesterday it was working fine, I am able to access my Asus laptop in my BlackBerry file manager.

I tried erasing the Paul's Asus profile in Device Connections and now nothing is paired, yet the Paul's Asus still shows in the file manager and still shows a folder unavailable invalid argument error.

Tried relinking my phone in BlackBerry link, redownloading link, and all, still to no avail.

Anybody knows how can I remove that folder in error in my file manager? Thanks!

Folder Unavailable: Invalid Argument Error-img_20150220_084802.png

Folder Unavailable: Invalid Argument Error-img_20150220_084805.png

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 06:52 PM
    I have the same problem.

Since updating to 10.3.1, I found that under the FIle Manager my computer was listed twice, as "PC" and "PC-1".

The "PC-1" link worked, but the "PC" link returned the Folder Unavailable: Invalid Argument error.

I removed the "PC" entry form Device Connections (there was no "PC-1" listed under Device Connections), but "PC" remains in the File Manager and it gives the Folder Unavailable: Invalid Argument error
    taccy likes this.
    02-19-15 07:09 PM
    I have the same problem.

Since updating to 10.3.1, I found that under the FIle Manager my computer was listed twice, as "PC" and "PC-1".

The "PC-1" link worked, but the "PC" link returned the Folder Unavailable: Invalid Argument error.

I removed the "PC" entry form Device Connections (there was no "PC-1" listed under Device Connections), but "PC" remains in the File Manager and it gives the Folder Unavailable: Invalid Argument error
    Exactly what happened to mine.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 12:39 AM
    I'm having the same problem. I have approx 7-8 of these icons in file manager. It appears a new one gets created each time I connect to link using that laptop, and I get the same error msg when I click on one of them. I suspect that a lot of folks are experiencing the same thing.
    Hopefully, BlackBerry will focus on fixing Link now that the new 3.1 has been released.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 12:49 AM
    I'm having the same problem. I have approx 7-8 of these icons in file manager. It appears a new one gets created each time I connect to link using that laptop, and I get the same error msg when I click on one of them. I suspect that a lot of folks are experiencing the same thing.
    Hopefully, BlackBerry will focus on fixing Link now that the new 3.1 has been released.

Posted via CB10
    I hope they fix BlackBerry devices as well. They may be able to fix link but are we forever to have those folders in error?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 09:54 AM
    I am getting same error/corrupt directory listing in file manager on Z30.
    Have tried reinstalling link/blend to no avail...
    Can rename my PC and changes ok in file manager.
    Was like it after 10.3.1 upgrade and before loading blend on PC.

Annoying....

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 07:03 PM
    Same here. I saw this thread duplicate-remote-file-access-pc-showing-up-file-manger and i was told to do a clean wipe.

Still thinking about it.
    02-25-15 10:03 PM
    Both my BB10 phones have now been updated. Both have separate BB ID's AND use separate computers for Link and Blend purposes.

Since updating to 10.3.1, Both my Z30 (Personal - Linked to desktop) and Q10 (Work - Linked to laptop) can no longer access remote files any longer. Just the standard argument error. Delete, re-connect Link, sync, try again - nope.

That's really the only issue I've had with either device since the update which is a MASSIVE upgrade. Very impressed. However, I need RFA on my work phone at the very least. Hope this is fixed in the near future.
    02-28-15 08:41 AM
    I had this same issue. I noticed when connected to Blend that the Computer name was different than the one in Link. When I changed the computer name in Link to match Blend Remote file access works. in the quick settings drop down you can see what name Blend thinks your computer name is
    03-05-15 07:19 PM
    camBBcam, I don't see the name in blend, where is it ?
    Folder Unavailable: Invalid Argument Error-blend.jpg
    03-06-15 01:55 AM
    Sorry I meant the quick settings on the device in the drop down menu. When you connect to blend if you have the Blend icon visible in the quick settings to turn it on/off it will also display the computer name you are connected to

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 08:17 AM
    Interesting. The name was correct and still no connection.
    However, I went to BB Link, logged out, removed the shared folders in RFA, logged in again, selected the shared foldersagain, went back to Blend in my computer, and in file manager there were now two entries J-DESKTOP (the original) and J-DESKTOP-1. The second one works, the old one still doesn't. However in the device only J-DESKTOP is listed (together with 3 more random names which I always had ...).
    But at list now I can access the PC files from my Z30 (although it takes a few seconds with wi-fi.
    Like other people in this thread, I don't know how to get rid of the duplicates and the random names
    habibvalil likes this.
    03-06-15 11:03 AM
    Thanks. The last solution worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 01:34 PM
    Thanks. The last solution worked for me.
    Posted via CB10
    Glad that it worked.
    So now the only issue is to get rid of the phantom devices, both in Blend and in RFA ....
    03-11-15 01:49 PM
    I had the same issue. Couldn't find a way to remove the bogus entries without a clean install. That worked, but I suppose that it was always likely to. I think that a clean install is a good idea with this update in any case. It improves performance, and removes quite a few niggly bugs.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 02:36 PM
    I was gearing myself up to do a reload, did a full backup in link and suddenly my duplicate entry disappeared, don't know how...

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 02:35 PM