Hello, just trying to figure out what happened here..

I had to do a battery pull tonight and when the phone turned back on.. I had flickr and myspace.. Two apps I never installed..

How did that happened?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 04:42 AM
    it was msot likely sent through your carrier. after youdid battery pull and you reconnected to the network, updated service books were sent out. a lot of people had this happen to them. those are not really apps, but weblinks that will take you to the page to download the apps.

to remove them you can go into options>advance options>service books, and then delete the ones you dont want. but keep in mind after a battery pool it may come back.
    11-22-08 05:10 AM
    conceptv has it right. Roger did this for you. They will help you even if you do not want the help. Nice, eh?

You can hide the icons by higlighting them and pressing Menu and then Hide.

Do the Service Book thing to delete the link and then call Rogers and demand that they stop sending this crap to your phone. They may or may not listen to you but if enough people phone...
    11-22-08 05:31 AM
    I get flickr and facebook sent to me. I deleted them for a while and then gave up and hid them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 06:35 AM
    haha, I had no idea my carrier could do that.. It's nice in a way, but not too nice, cause it just add stuff to my phone that I don't want..

I have a special folder on my phone where I put all un-used icons,
    Guess I'll just move them there!

Thanks for your help everyone.
    11-22-08 12:22 PM
    I thought that was odd as well that after I installed and removed some things and did a battery pull that I had AIM and Facebook back on my desktop! That explains it! Sprint must be trying to help now too! It's kinda cute...
    11-22-08 12:33 PM
    Yeah Rogers sent the service books...that's just how Blackberry works. They aren't installed they're just the shortcuts...think back to when you got your blackberry and had to install Facebook, Yahoo, Google talk, etc. Just hide the icons...they don't take up any memory...or at least so little it's not worth fighting over.
    11-22-08 05:56 PM
    Just don't install them and hide em'...
    11-22-08 06:02 PM
    Thanks for the tip, i removed it as well
    11-22-08 08:22 PM
    No point removing them, unless you want to do the same thing next time you send your service books, just hide them, then you wont have to deal with them anymore, well, till you change themes.
    11-22-08 09:13 PM
    I personally don't find it "helpful" when carriers do this. I want complete control over my phone, and not someone telling me what I should be doing.

I wonder what their kick-back is from the app companies? ;-)
    11-23-08 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD