So I purchased this micro HDMI cable BlueRigger High Speed Micro HDMI to HDMI cable with Ethernet (6 Feet):Amazon:Electronics and am using it to play videos from my Playbook on my TV. First off, the video output from the Playbook is amazing. I love the capabilities of the Playbook and use it more than I do my current laptop.

Then I remembered that, using bridge, I could use my z10 as a remote for my Playbook.

Has anyone else tried using an HDMI cable with their playbook? If so, know any tricks like this?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 06:36 PM
    So I purchased this micro HDMI cable BlueRigger High Speed Micro HDMI to HDMI cable with Ethernet (6 Feet):Amazon:Electronics and am using it to play videos from my Playbook on my TV. First off, the video output from the Playbook is amazing. I love the capabilities of the Playbook and use it more than I do my current laptop.

Then I remembered that, using bridge, I could use my z10 as a remote for my Playbook.

Has anyone else tried using an HDMI cable with their playbook? If so, know any tricks like this?

Posted via CB10
    Yes I have done this numerous times. The playbook has excellent video playback and will play most video formats. However the issue these days is finding sources for quality movie videos to play since the BlackBerry video store closed.

I have loaded movies to the playbook or my Seagate Satellite wifi hard drive for entertainment purposes. I recently converted my family's old 8mm film to digital and loaded to the Seagate hard drive.

Since you have a Z10, you could use it for video play back as well with the micro hdmi. I have a Logitech bluetooth mouse that I use as remote for either the Z10 or playbook.
    Masterherm likes this.
    02-15-15 07:07 PM
    I have used many sources for quality video, including amazon. I know they don't have an app for playbook but you can always copy your dvd's or use torrents (legally of course :P).

The z10's video playback is awesome also. I use my Bluetooth keyboard when I do this also. I don't mind using the keyboard included with bridge but it allows me to use both a keyboard and then my z10 as a mouse.

I know there are people who dislike the Playbook but I really find it useful and it works perfectly for all of my uses along with my z10.

Any idea if I can stream videos to my Playbook from my z10 to play through HDMI? It would keep me from having to get up to change the video. Sorry if I sound lazy, just love the interconnectedness of these devices and it makes me wonder what capabilities I've missed.

Posted via CB10
    jamescarruthers likes this.
    02-15-15 07:22 PM
    i've done this way many times.
    Even for presentation purposes.

I just pick up my LG mini projector that have a HDMI input, and HDMI cable, then using my 9900 dakota, to remote it.

Oh... have you try streaming movies through ES File Explorer...?

Just share to your home's network, the movies folder in your PC's, then just browse it on ES Explorer in "LAN" tab with wifi PB's status connected to your home network.,

there you go, you can watch movies in Bigger size with no limitation storage space issue.
    02-16-15 03:59 AM
    I have used many sources for quality video, including amazon. I know they don't have an app for playbook but you can always copy your dvd's or use torrents (legally of course :P).

The z10's video playback is awesome also. I use my Bluetooth keyboard when I do this also. I don't mind using the keyboard included with bridge but it allows me to use both a keyboard and then my z10 as a mouse.

I know there are people who dislike the Playbook but I really find it useful and it works perfectly for all of my uses along with my z10.

Any idea if I can stream videos to my Playbook from my z10 to play through HDMI? It would keep me from having to get up to change the video. Sorry if I sound lazy, just love the interconnectedness of these devices and it makes me wonder what capabilities I've missed.

Posted via CB10
    I was pretty sure Amazon Prime can be used on the PB through one of the browsers, stock or Origami (where you can set various desktop modes). I used it for a trial period last year sometime. Could have changed, I guess.

Unfortunately, the ability to mirror mobile device to TV screens has gone wireless and you don't need a cable anymore if you have compatible devices. You usually have to bring a dongle for cheap hotel TVs. The remote control by a BBRY phone via bridge is still a nice feature, though.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    02-16-15 01:34 PM
    Unfortunately, the ability to mirror mobile device to TV screens has gone wireless and you don't need a cable anymore if you have compatible devices. You usually have to bring a dongle for cheap hotel TVs. The remote control by a BBRY phone via bridge is still a nice feature, though.
    Yes I have used the wireless option a number of times, but find it can be a little flaky. I usually return to the cable option....then either get a little exercise to operate, or resort to the lazy man bluetooth remote option.
    02-17-15 08:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    I am not aware of any way to stream from a Z10 to a Playbook. My solution is a bit different, as I stated above, I stream from a wireless hard drive. I store all of my movies on the hard drive then can stream to any device. The Playbook or Z10 built in browsers can read from the hard drive and display available videos, audio or some text files. Other devices such as Android or Apple have apps to communicate with the hard drive, but generally the browser option works just as well.

My wireless hard drive has it's own built in browser accessible web page/router/ip address, so no need for a separate wifi router. I think there are a few on the market, but mine is a Seagate GoFlex Satellite 1AYBA1 500GB. A few years old now, but I believe there is an upgraded model out now.
    02-17-15 08:53 AM
    Use it all the time one movie nights!! The pb will never die in this household. Of course if it does physically then that would such and I would just have to use the phone...

Posted via CB10
    a_bateman likes this.
    02-17-15 01:19 PM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees value in this beast of a tablet.

I'm looking into cutting into my Playbook desk stand/charger and seeing is I can get my hdmi cable to run through it. Only issue I've run into with my above setup is that my battery runs low but that'll solve many of my issues. Especially after grabbing one of those hard drives.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 04:28 PM
    I just used mine yesterday to watch the Westminster live stream on my TV. It worked great as usual.

Posted with my Passport from CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    02-18-15 07:01 AM
    I have a mini hdmi adapter that was for my Z10. It doesn't work for my playbook. I'm going to try the Bluerigger, suggested in this thread.
    I'm trying to stream Celtics games. I got rid of Comcast and now have Dish, who doesn't carry the Comcast New England channel where I used to watch Celtics games.
    02-18-15 01:22 PM
    There are a few ideas on this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...mi-out-771243/
    a_bateman likes this.
    02-18-15 10:52 PM
    I have a mini hdmi adapter that was for my Z10. It doesn't work for my playbook. I'm going to try the Bluerigger, suggested in this thread.
    I'm trying to stream Celtics games. I got rid of Comcast and now have Dish, who doesn't carry the Comcast New England channel where I used to watch Celtics games.
    You need a "micro" adapter. There is a big difference.
    02-19-15 07:50 AM
    You need a "micro" adapter. There is a big difference.
    Sorry, I meant micro.
    02-23-15 11:30 AM
    I tried the bluerigger micro hdmi and it doesn't work with my PlayBook. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 07:34 PM
    Does the cord with with your z10? May be a bad cord. If not then maybe it's your playbook hdmi port. Could be a dead port.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 09:06 PM
    Does the cord with with your z10? May be a bad cord. If not then maybe it's your playbook hdmi port. Could be a dead port.

Posted via CB10
    My Z10 cord doesn't work either. How do I check to see if the port is dead, and if it's dead, how do I get it fixed? Thanks.

Would be weird if it was dead, since I never used it before trying it now.
    02-24-15 07:08 AM
    Connect your PB by hdmi to your TV. Then, check Settings/HDMI on your Playbook. If this shows that your PB is connected, then try different settings on both your PB and your TV.
    02-24-15 08:34 AM
    Thanks. Will try this later when I get home.
    02-24-15 09:25 AM
    You can download your Movies to your PlayBook, and cast to your TV with AirWire, or Imediashare! Works for me!

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 10:05 AM
    I don't watch movies on my Playbook. I just stream games on my playbook to watch on my tv because Dish no longer carries Comcast which airs Celtics games.
    02-24-15 10:10 AM
    Does this only work with smart TVS? I have an older tv with a time warner issued Samsung cable box and haven't seen any options like this.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 12:48 PM
    I am not aware of any way to stream from a Z10 to a Playbook. My solution is a bit different, as I stated above, I stream from a wireless hard drive. I store all of my movies on the hard drive then can stream to any device. The Playbook or Z10 built in browsers can read from the hard drive and display available videos, audio or some text files. Other devices such as Android or Apple have apps to communicate with the hard drive, but generally the browser option works just as well.

My wireless hard drive has it's own built in browser accessible web page/router/ip address, so no need for a separate wifi router. I think there are a few on the market, but mine is a Seagate GoFlex Satellite 1AYBA1 500GB. A few years old now, but I believe there is an upgraded model out now.
    Interesting.
    I have a 2 Tb hard drive connected to my apple extreme router.
    Is there a way to connect my pb so I can get access to the drive via wifi?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 03:02 AM
    Connect your PB by hdmi to your TV. Then, check Settings/HDMI on your Playbook. If this shows that your PB is connected, then try different settings on both your PB and your TV.
    I tried this. Got the bluerigger micro hdmi to work temporarily. The playbook connected to my tv and I could see the picture on my tv from the playbook, but the sound goes in and out like there is a short in the cord. I then checked the cord by connecting my Z10 to the tv with the bluerigger cord and it worked fine with my z10, so the problem must be with my playbook. Any suggestions? Btw, when I got the bluerigger was the very first time ever trying to use the hdmi port on my playbook.
    02-26-15 08:28 AM
    I tried this. Got the bluerigger micro hdmi to work temporarily. The playbook connected to my tv and I could see the picture on my tv from the playbook, but the sound goes in and out like there is a short in the cord. I then checked the cord by connecting my Z10 to the tv with the bluerigger cord and it worked fine with my z10, so the problem must be with my playbook. Any suggestions? Btw, when I got the bluerigger was the very first time ever trying to use the hdmi port on my playbook.
    Are you sure it is plugged in all the way? Sometimes with these little connectors you can be a little scared to force it, as you should be. Then there is a little more that does the trick.
    02-26-15 09:09 AM
29 12