there is no way you possibly can. it is painfully obvious that VZW rushed the release to beat the thanksgiving rush and there are many flaws in the OS. it is SLOW, no matter what anyone says. the accelerometer is slow as all **** too.

also the clickable touch screen really isnt that cool, in fact i kind of wish it was just glass (like the iphone)
    11-22-08 01:34 AM
    take it back!
    11-22-08 01:36 AM
    im thinking about it, it CAN be a great phone its just not there yet

if the OS updates fix it ill probably keep it.

if not ill be looking at the HTC Touch in December
    11-22-08 01:36 AM
    I love mine.

Also rushing the release? No phone company has ever been guilty of that. I would rather have a buggy storm to play with, rather then no storm at all. All in due time will these bug be fixed. If someone buys a phone on the release day and expects it to be 100% perfect then you are crazy.
    11-22-08 01:38 AM
    hmm honestly i've had no problems yet, no lag issues, nothing.. my brother had the keyboard randomly pop up when he opened the full menu a couple times on his, did a batter pull and it was fine
    11-22-08 01:43 AM
    Yeah mine was laggy at first. Then someone said to pull the battery and since then the lag has really gone away.
    11-22-08 01:44 AM
    Good thing they extended the return policy until Jan 15th for all phones. Have fun deciding!
    11-22-08 01:45 AM
    hi, debbie downer. lol. what are you trying to accomplish by posting this? i really like the phone, mine is not slow at all.
    11-22-08 01:45 AM
    i love mine too .. sorry .. looks like you got commitment issues .. lol
    11-22-08 01:47 AM
    i love mine too .. sorry .. looks like you got commitment issues .. lol
    Damn I was hoping you were going to pull the billy madison line on him. I got my hopes up for nothing.
    11-22-08 01:55 AM
    Stop trying to PERSUADE others. we can make our own damn opinions.
    11-22-08 02:00 AM
    Is it not the purpose of open forums to express ones opinions?
    11-22-08 02:07 AM
    There were a ton of problems with the iPhone when it came out too.
    11-22-08 02:08 AM
    Is it not the purpose of open forums to express ones opinions?
    Have you not seen the 20 other threads trying to change people's minds? Go complain elsewhere...
    11-22-08 02:26 AM
    I agree if you don't like it....ZIP IT!
    I love my storm.
    Plus I am tired of iphone comparisons if I wanted that pos I would not be posting here

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 02:28 AM
    Get off of crackberry no one likes you. you just come on here thinking you are so cool when i actually do LOVE my Storm! **** off
    11-22-08 02:35 AM
    Have you not seen the 20 other threads trying to change people's minds? Go complain elsewhere...
    I just think if you don't want to read peoples opinions about the device good or bad, then don't click on a thread that is obviously about the device. The point of an open forum is to be able to freely express your opinions on a subject. Personally I would post in a thread that is already open about the device but I don't recall any rules that say you can't start your own love/hate thread. I think the more info available from different users will help those on the fence decide one way or another. With all the posts I've seen, I am happy to stay with my Curve. Seems like the Storm has a market just like the iPhone and it's not for everyone.
    11-22-08 02:40 AM
    I agree if you don't like it....ZIP IT!
    I for one am glad we are free to express our opinions. It's what this country was founded on.
    11-22-08 02:42 AM
    Word......
    11-22-08 04:34 AM
    Arent you trying to PERSUADE others not to PERSUADE others?
    11-22-08 06:45 AM
    Aren't you complaining now?
    11-22-08 06:47 AM
    Good thing they extended the return policy until Jan 15th for all phones. Have fun deciding!
    Where did you hear that? Or is it on my bill and I was just too dumb to look at it yet.

I don't LOVE the phone but I do like it quite a bit. I think the touch screen is better than the iPhone for typing but the iPhone is better with the browser pinch to zoom. In a few days though, I'll get used to the push to zoom on the Storm. Good product. Right now (after a few hours with it I'd give 7.5 out of 10). A couple software updates and some more time with it will probably raise that a point or two.
    Last edited by noles200; 11-22-08 at 07:00 AM.
    11-22-08 06:54 AM
    I just think if you don't want to read peoples opinions about the device good or bad, then don't click on a thread that is obviously about the device. The point of an open forum is to be able to freely express your opinions on a subject. Personally I would post in a thread that is already open about the device but I don't recall any rules that say you can't start your own love/hate thread. I think the more info available from different users will help those on the fence decide one way or another. With all the posts I've seen, I am happy to stay with my Curve. Seems like the Storm has a market just like the iPhone and it's not for everyone.
    OK, reading opinions is one thing, but isn't the title of this post Stop trying to LOVE the Storm.....? Seems like that is telling people how to feel. I feel about that the way I feel about religion. I'm tolerant of all faiths UNTIL you start trying to push yours down my throat. This thread title does just that. I'll make up my own d*mn mind once my phone arrives today, thank you very much.
    11-22-08 07:00 AM
    IMO, some people should stop trying to HATE the Storm....

I have been using it since yesterday morning and can't put it down. The more I use it, the more I learn. And its all good.

For whatever reason, my box does not have two stickers on it. Just the original one showing Ver. 65 and a round yellow sticker.

I feel very lucky to have gotten one at the crackberry of dawn yesterday. I'm also glad VZW made the right decision not to release the flawed upgrade OS.

Good luck with your ultimate decision!
    11-22-08 07:08 AM
    I'll be honest. I went to the Verizon store with the hopes to dislike the storm so I could go ahead and get myself a new phone because my treo is waaayyy outdated.

it didn't work. I typed faster on that keyboard than my treo. I liked everything about it and now i KNOW i want one, i'm just ill i have to wait so long.

So I am on the other end of the spectrum, i wanted to dislike it like everyone else, but i loved it.
    11-22-08 07:18 AM
140 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD