Hello !!

I like my blackberry curve and I want to keep scratches to a minimum. I have looked into the various types of cases...skin vs hard cover? If I go with the skin case I still need to cover the screen, so I was thinking of screengaurd ..the screen guard you have to paste on your screen and deal with bubbles or haze or get the hard case that has a screen protector integrated into the case...but I am worried that the hard case will prevent me from comfortably txting. PLease help!
    11-29-07 04:31 PM
    Just get an oem holster and put your bb in it or I have heard that an oem skinned curve will still fit in an oem holster

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-07 05:58 PM
    The OEM leather pouch is very well made...and I use it, but for the record the phone will not fit well in the OEM pouch with an OEM skin on it. Oh, it might fit...but the fit is too tight, and the magnetic flap won't close correctly.

I am using a Seidio Hybrid slim case along with the matching belt-clip holster right now...along with a Seidio Ultimate Guard screen protector. The combo works great...
    11-29-07 06:07 PM
    I also have the hybrid and highly recommend it. It doesn't add much size at all. I dunno about the screen protectors though. I have the ones from here and cannot get all the bubbles out. I'm probably about to get the fellowes pack of cut to fit screen protectors from radio shack. Good pricing and easy to minimal bubbles. Probably about to order the otterbox case as well since I'm about to start a more active job and want some extra protection. The hybrid case doesn't restrict texting at all btw. I'm typing this message with it on right now.

11-29-07 10:21 PM
    Holsters are.... um..

Anyway... I have a OEM blackberry skin and then have the bestskinsever.com screen protector on it as well. I actually go the full body kit so I have a protector on the screen and battery cover. It comes with a few more pieces for the front/sides but I didnt put them on since it is almost always in the blackberry skin. Take it out of the skin when I carry it in my pocket (where it belongs) when I go out.
    12-01-07 03:31 PM
    Do you really even need a screen protector? The screen seems like it doesn't scratch very easy.
    12-01-07 11:09 PM
    I bought this one from chinesecatt from her website. check out the accessories forum.

screen and case protector in one. Should ship out sometime next week.
    12-02-07 12:55 AM
    I don't have a screen protector, although I was looking into it. But after realizing I had to size it, I could'nt be bothered. I have a skin on my Curve and take extra loving care of him.
    09-21-08 10:20 AM
    I have the otterbox on my curve, and it really is the best for protecting the phone, but I do like to take it off whenever I can because I don't *like* the bulk, but I appreciate it.

I also have a BSE screen protector and it works great.

09-21-08 11:01 AM
    BSE and Otterbox as well. Overall best protection!!!
    09-21-08 11:13 AM
    The best possible screen protector ever is from a company called Zagg. They're kind of expensive ($20 for 1!), but are amazing. Apparently it's the same stuff they quote helicopter blades with, and I believe it. I've got 2 skins, the slipcase and a belt case for my new 8310... I think I'm already addicted.
    09-21-08 01:36 PM
    I have a skin silicone case.. Very good fit on the phone and takes the impact off the phone if dropped.. And just brought a screen protector for 3.99

09-21-08 01:59 PM
    I use boxwave crystal clear for the screen protector. It doesn't "stick" to the screen, can be taken off and washed and comes in the correct size to begin with. LOVE IT!

Along with that I have the clear seidio case and OEM holster.

Sad to say the accessories have well exceeded the $99 I paid for my curve
    09-21-08 02:31 PM
    Case-wise, I tend to go with leather coveralls. I like Sena and Piel Frama (my favorite).

I highly recommend screen protectors. I use Patronus.
    09-21-08 02:42 PM
    I'm a fan of the otterbox. It protects it perfectly! Yes the bubbles are slightly annoying but the protective cover on the keyboard works just fine. I did have to cut a small hole for the lens of the cam. The protective cover over the lens distorts pix. Otherwise, I love it.

09-21-08 04:00 PM
    i like seidio super thin rubberized case. i have an otterbox also that i use at work and its a ok case. as far as screen protectors, i hear bse makes a pretty mean one
    09-21-08 04:05 PM
    Screen protector: Screen Patronus (.com), self stick, cheap, easy to apply and tough.

Case: OEM sleeve with magnet to suspend. They also have a belt clip model.
    09-21-08 05:00 PM
    I was going to get a screen protector but found that replacement screens can be bought quite cheap so I never bothered.
    I've had a curve since april (well, more that one of them, lol) and I've never had a scratch yet on any of them...............knocks on wood
    09-22-08 12:22 AM
    psyclone screen protector for the psp, which you can get at target and use a vis a vis and trace your screen dimensions comes with 2 for round 10 bucks. they are super thick, adhere awesomely paired with a seidio rubberized hard case which you can get for round 15 bucks for the curve instead of 30 which the website sell them for
    09-22-08 04:52 AM
    Hey thanks Noah. I just ordered. Found the best deal on their ebay website where you get 3 screens for 7 bucks. I had Invisble Shield on my 8900 and loved it except for the glue creepin out the edges, very bad. It got everywhere. So bad I stripped all Invisishield off.

10-11-09 06:11 AM
    Seidio Innocase
    Best Skins Ever

/close thread

10-11-09 06:17 AM
    Hi,

I have a BB Curve 8330 from Verizon. I purchased their privacy screen protector. Had no problems putting it on....no bubbles....no cutting to fit. It's made to fit my BB 8330. Works great! Next I purchased the Body Glove Snap on Case. It has a rubberized feel to it so it feels very secure in your hands. Has a plastic cover that fits over your screen for extra protection. Had the Body Glove case for over 1 year now and still in excellent condition.
    Overall.....very happy and no complaints.
    10-11-09 07:56 AM
    Otterbox Impact case and BSE screen protector
    10-11-09 09:06 AM
    I used a product from Zagg. I bought it at store in atlanta, ga. The store was called invisibleshield. Look at their website at ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield It looks and works great. Their are some small bubbles, but it protects the screen from scratches and I no longer use the silcone case that I bought.

Highly recommend it.

Good luck
    10-11-09 09:59 AM
    I have the Verizon 8330 and when I ordered it (I called in rather than going to a store or ordering on) from them... Its a 2 piece body glove case with a slightly rubberized feel... I love the fact that it has a piece of astic to protect the screen (the plastic does scratch easily (mine has TONS of those fine line scratches but they are only visible in direct sunlight at a certain angle). I highly recommend it!

I have the same case for my 8330, works great. A good investment for a great phone!

10-11-09 10:07 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD