So tired of reading all the hate, let's hear what's incredible about your phone!

Got mine at 10 this morning and haven't put it down since:

Damn fast screen rotation
    Smooth transitions
    No problem typing near the edges

The best suggestion I can give about the touch screen on this phone is the same that I tell the customers at my pharmacy who are stabbing the screen to select options on the credit card machine: the technology is not designed to need to be hammered on, just a light touch is all you need.

Just keep using it and learn to trust the blue glow, and you'll find yourself hitting the keys faster and faster!
    11-21-08 11:11 PM
    GREAT POST.
    Love the smooth scrolling in the browser.oooOoo and brick breaker is AWESOME.
    11-21-08 11:13 PM
    wasnt so sure at first but now i LOVE it and wouldnt trade it for any other phone!
    11-21-08 11:14 PM
    Tried one at my VZW store, not mine. But it was the closest thing to it, haha. Worked great, very smooth and quick. Props to the OP for posting this thread.
    11-21-08 11:19 PM
    Returned mine
    11-21-08 11:20 PM
    So why did you return it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 11:21 PM
    Are there any positives??? Totally kidding

I do like the great screen resolution and the media player functions should be pretty solid. Still not sold on texting and emailing tho...
    11-21-08 11:22 PM
    Screen is amazing and watching videos on it is just beautiful. It's still a little buggy but that will be worked out.
    11-21-08 11:24 PM
    So why did you return it?

Doesn't really suit me. Messaging was wayyyyy toooooo slow. Half the time, the buttons couldn't keep up with my fingers / or sometimes you really had to "click" for the character to show up.
    11-21-08 11:24 PM
    Thats what is always my problem with touchscreens as well. They can't keep up with my speedy fingers
    11-21-08 11:26 PM
    I played with one, what a bad idea to treat the screen like one giant button

11-21-08 11:30 PM
    Remember this is a positive thread. I was not a fan for the first 2 hours after I got it this morning, but by tonight, since I've spent hours learning how to use it, I am glad I waited in 23 deg. weather for an hour this morning to be #4 in line. Its a nice device.

P.S. - Please stay on topic **POSITIVE Storm Thread**
    11-21-08 11:34 PM
    Ok vulcan, I'm just asking questions. Simmer down. I have no intentions of getting a storm, I have a Bold. I'm just making convo and its neither negative or positive. Got it

11-21-08 11:40 PM
    I think the storm really isn't for eveyone. Perfect for me though ^_^ typed this out on my storm

11-21-08 11:40 PM
    Do you folks feel that screen "protectors" will be necessary due to entering strokes on it? How is sound media?

11-21-08 11:42 PM
    I think the storm really isn't for eveyone. Perfect for me though ^_^ typed this out on my storm

Awesome I'm glad you like it

11-21-08 11:42 PM
    Remember this is a positive thread. I was not a fan for the first 2 hours after I got it this morning, but by tonight, since I've spent hours learning how to use it, I am glad I waited in 23 deg. weather for an hour this morning to be #4 in line. Its a nice device.

P.S. - Please stay on topic **POSITIVE Storm Thread**
    Thank you, sir

I forgot to mention earlier, damn do emails look good on this phone!
    11-21-08 11:57 PM
    When I got to the final Verizon store I checked out the Curve and it was so sweet and simple I almost got it because the whole reason behind switching to BB from WM was reading emails comfortably in landscape. Well, on the Curve there's something about that screen that makes portrait emails look like something you'll take the time to read.

I love the Storm and I type as bad on it as I did on my Treo the first day I had it. Frustrating, yes, but temporary. And, I don't get the 'its slow' thing - maybe my needs are simple but I haven't experienced lag during my explorations.

So far so good...I can't say I'd never return it yet but I'm still optimistic.
    11-22-08 12:14 AM
    i traded in my iPhone for the Storm today. Picked mine up at Costco (first one they sold) and got the accessories free and no activation fee.

to be really honest, i didn't like the Storm at first after coming from the iPhone. I thought i would just get a Curve in a few days when the Mania died down since they were out...

now, after spending the day with it, i am typing faster than i ever did on my iPhone. my 7130 was not really much different from the Storm, aside from the glitz and glamor. I'm glad to be back on Verizon and even more glad to get my emails - as my iPhone stopped fetching emails about 5 months ago and i would have to check all 4 of my accounts manually throughout the day. a real PITA and waste of battery. what a difference between the two phones. I really wanted to like my iphone, but between att svc, and perpetually checking my email, it was quite difficult. you would have to have owned and used an iphone to appreciate the subtle effectiveness of the phone, and it's very strong and detracting detriments i speak of.

i'm so glad i am back on Verizon and with my fix of the crack... i'm a power user and the phone suits my needs in the absence of a Bold on Verizon.

Do you folks feel that screen "protectors" will be necessary due to entering strokes on it? How is sound media?
    as for screen protectors, I had one for my iPhone and can tell you unequivocally, you should get one.
    Last edited by the1sen; 11-22-08 at 12:34 AM.
    11-22-08 12:32 AM
    Even with the bugs, I'm still psyched and love my Storm. Broswer is definitey a nice step up from 8830. I rather get it now with .65 and wait for the next update than wait for the next sale of Storms to have an update. I love this thing.
    Like everyone else is saying though, was a little iffy at first but after playing with it all day, I love it.
    11-22-08 01:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD