I just came to the Passport after being on the 6 plus. On iOS it was super simple to print from my email....on the Blackberry I don't see that option.

Thoughts? Ideas??

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 11:28 AM
    There are apps on BlackBerry World for that. Happy hunting.
    02-09-15 11:32 AM
    Check out printhand in BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 02:14 PM
    Yeah, printhand works well for me. Wish BB would introduce native built in printing though.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    02-09-15 02:28 PM
    There are some android apps that will let you print, unfortunately there is no native way iOS handles this far better.

I guess enterprise users don't print, also I'd like to see a HTML5 method for printing for those who keep banging on about apps being pointless and "hype".

Ps. I use printer share premium
    02-09-15 02:37 PM
    There are some android apps that will let you print, unfortunately there is no native way iOS handles this far better.

I guess enterprise users don't print, also I'd like to see a HTML5 method for printing for those who keep banging on about apps being pointless and "hype".

Ps. I use printer share premium
    iOS has an advantage in that they can force the printer manufacturers to use Airprint. Since obviously BlackBerry does not have the clout to do that, nor the installed customer base to make it happen, they need to use an app that can download required printer drivers. This is far too bulky for a built-in solution. Hence the need for a separate app. Printhand is great. There are also printer manufacturer-specific apps on Google Play.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    02-09-15 02:43 PM
    iOS has an advantage in that they can force the printer manufacturers to use Airprint. Since obviously BlackBerry does not have the clout to do that, nor the installed customer base to make it happen, they need to use an app that can download required printer drivers. This is far too bulky for a built-in solution. Hence the need for a separate app. Printhand is great. There are also printer manufacturer-specific apps on Google Play.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Pretty wild assumption, I'm pretty certain Apple did not need to "force" printer manufacturers to use Airprint, they have no leverage to bend the arms of Epson, HP, Brother etc etc

The printer manufacturers more than likely provided support for the most popular device to increase sales just as they tout support for:
    Win XP, Vista, Win7, Windows 8 ready, MAC OS X, etc

When iOS commands the largest marketshare, printers don't need to be "forced".
    02-09-15 03:08 PM
    Pretty wild assumption, I'm pretty certain Apple did not need to "force" printer manufacturers to use Airprint, they have no leverage to bend the arms of Epson, HP, Brother etc etc

The printer manufacturers more than likely provided support for the most popular device to increase sales just as they tout support for:
    Win XP, Vista, Win7, Windows 8 ready, MAC OS X, etc

When iOS commands the largest marketshare, printers don't need to be "forced".
    That's what I meant as well. I wasn't clear. My next sentence about BlackBerry implied that.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    02-09-15 03:14 PM
    I use Print My Files. Works for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 09:19 PM
    Though I hear the android printing apps work, it would be nice to have a native one.
    02-09-15 09:27 PM
    Don't most new printers have email addresses that u can just email document to and it prints?

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 09:34 PM
    Don't most new printers have email addresses that u can just email document to and it prints?

Posted via CB10
    That's true as well.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    02-09-15 09:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yep, my printer comes with NFC, I guess one could share a pic / doc via NFC to the printer, tap to print

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 04:40 PM