When I try to share contact info thru txt or email i get the message "This contacts data cant be shared". I posted this in another thread but got no help. Someone must have an answer. I have googled this issue and it seems I am the only one on the planet with the issue.
    02-06-15 01:27 PM
    if your running a leak you should use an autoloader,sec wipe and don't restore anything via bb link just take your time and do it like you have a new phone ,i never had problems with my z10
    02-06-15 02:31 PM
    So the leak might be the issue? Thats gonna be a problem. how would I get all my info back if I dont use BB Link
    02-06-15 02:38 PM
    save your contacts on gmail acct pics video on media card and you loose your text or buy an app that saves your text,contact etc and for android apps you can use astro file manager from play store to save all apk's file on your phone media card,bb apps would be under bb world just click on the ones you want
    Last edited by rbtg; 02-06-15 at 02:53 PM.
    02-06-15 02:41 PM
    So the leak might be the issue? Thats gonna be a problem. how would I get all my info back if I dont use BB Link
    not the leak,the way you install it
    02-06-15 02:42 PM
    When I try to share contact info thru txt or email i get the message "This contacts data cant be shared".
    I have exactly the same issue.

I have most of my contacts linked to my MS Outlook contacts via BlackBerry Link. When I go to share the contact info, via nfc or text or whatever, I get the same error message.

Attachment 332400

Z30 on 10.3.1.2072

WTF???
    02-07-15 01:19 PM
    Try the following out:
    - In the 'Contacts' app, long press a contact so the right side menu pops out.
    - Select the 'Copy to' option and make sure 'Local Contacts' has a check mark.
    - Select 'Done' located at the top right corner.

You should now be able to share the info for that contact through whatever method you choose.

If you would like to copy multiple contacts to local, do the following:
    - Long press a contact and choose 'Select More'.
    - Highlight all desired contacts and choose the 'Copy to' option located at the bottom left corner.
    - Checkmark 'Local Contacts' and select 'Done' to save.

Hopefully that resolves the sharing issue.
    02-08-15 05:36 AM
    So you're saying that a contact must be a "local" contact in order to share it?

Why?

Plus I have about 300 contacts. The method you have suggested would be terribly tedious. From the user's point of view, it makes no sense at all that it is supposed to work that way.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 10:24 AM
    I have the same problem and can confirm local contacts share fine. Agreed this makes no sense, if anyone knows how to get around this I would appreciate it as I have over 300 contacts as well that mail mail client handles.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 11:25 AM
    I'm having the same problem and at anyone time I might want to share several contacts. Computers are supposed to make life easier.
    02-22-15 04:03 PM
    You know what guys & gals? I think this problem is worse than we thought.

#1: I assumed it would be fixed by the 10.3.1.2267 rollout. It hasn't been.

#2: I assumed this problem only applied to contacts that weren't stored locally. I have a most of my contacts sync'd with MS Outlook on my laptop (via BlackBerry Link). And these are not linked with a local contact. They won't share. But a few of my outlook contacts ARE "linked" with a local contact. And I've just discovered they won't share either.

#3. I've just discovered that the only contacts that will share (using the BB10 share feature) are those that are ONLY stored as local contacts. As soon as you add a link, it won't share.

WTF????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 02-24-15 at 07:54 PM.
    02-23-15 10:01 AM
    It is really frustrating when someone asks you for a number and you can't share it, I could do this so easily on my 9900 (cue some smartass saying you should go back to OS7 your living in the past etc), for all the good in OS10 there is just as much bad IMO
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-24-15 03:36 PM
    You know what guys & gals? I think this problem is worse than we thought.
    Hello,

today I discovered, that I have the same problem. I also sync my contacts with Outlook and can't share them....

WTF?!?

I have never used any leak and updated to 10.3 via "normal update"...

I would be very happy, if someone could provide a solution.

Best regards
    Satori
    02-26-15 12:53 PM
    I have the same problem, and in addition since upgrading (autoloader) to 10.3.1.2267 (Z10 on TMO USA) my Linked In contacts no longer sync with my Z10. I get 64 of 500+ contacts that previously would sync and link with no problem. I have tried everything I can think of factory reset, security wipe, no restore with BB Link, all unsuccessful. My Z10 will sync all my contacts and calendar with MS Outlook, Twitter, and BBM, but none of these contacts can be shared getting the same error message as many have stated previously. Very frustrating since the upgrade has been amazing with most other operations of the Z10. All expert advice welcome.
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    02-26-15 02:19 PM
    This morning I tweeted @MichaelClewley to ask about this. If I get a reply I'll post it here.

KB36670 discusses this issue but the "workarounds" suggested are hardly suitable: "copy the contact to local contacts, make sure the local copy isn't linked to any other account and then you can share it"!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 05:47 PM
    I noted the problem with 3.1 leaks. When I went back to 3.0 leaks all was ok. It is a problem with 3.1 as I cannot share many of my "linked" contacts and all Outlook contacts. Hope there is a real fix - have a contact database of over 1,000

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 06:24 PM
    I managed to share but only after the contact actually had a phone number.

Make sure you merge all versions of that contact (go, local, LinkedIn, ect). It seems the OS won't let you, for example, share a Bbm contact via email and so on.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 10:13 PM
    I have exactly the same issue.

I have most of my contacts linked to my MS Outlook contacts via BlackBerry Link. When I go to share the contact info, via nfc or text or whatever, I get the same error message.

Attachment 332400

Z30 on 10.3.1.2072

WTF???
    Do you also link your Linked In account to your contacts? If so is that working for you? I can't share contacts and I only see 64 of my 500+ Linked In contacts. Linked In customer support replied to me that it is a know issue that they are working. Did you get a response from Clewley
    02-27-15 01:19 PM
    Do you also link your Linked In account to your contacts? If so is that working for you? I can't share contacts and I only see 64 of my 500+ Linked In contacts. Linked In customer support replied to me that it is a know issue that they are working. Did you get a response from Clewley
    Sorry, man, I don't use LinkdIn.

And no reply from Mr. Clewley.

But to be fair to him, the KnowledgeBase article says they are aware of this issue and it hasn't been resolved yet. No time frame is given for when it might be resolved.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 12:46 PM
    Not an ideal solution, but you could try 'Smart Contact Share' - I use that by default (opening Smart Contact Share instead of Contacts app).
    niss63 likes this.
    02-28-15 12:50 PM
    Looks like the only Outlook contacts that can be shared are with phone numbers only - anything more and can't share.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 05:43 PM
    Dunno, works fine for me. Unable to replicate even after extensive testing.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 O2 UK
    03-01-15 07:30 PM
    It happens not only to Microsoft Outlook (ie not outlook.com) but others. I repeatedly went back to 10.3.0 and had no issues - only with 10.3.1 (including all the leak versions). The "workaround" is not practical (over 1000 contacts in my phone).

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-02-15 02:26 PM
    Why can't I share contacts on my Z10.?-img_20150318_111729.png

This is really disappointing! Has anyone solved this? Otherwise the OS is really great!

Z10 stl-3 TMO US. 10.3.1.2582

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 12:29 PM
    It has already been acknowledged by BlackBerry in their knowledgebase on their support pages. The "workaround" suggested there is unacceptable cuz it requires you to tap each contact separately. That's ok to share just one. But not if you want to share several contacts. The kb article states there is no time frame given for resolution. Grrrrr....

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 10:50 AM
39 12