Has anybody else noticed that Netflix seems to be missing from the Amazon store now? I installed it a while back and went to see if there was an update only to see its missing from my list of installed apps. I did a search and I don't see it at all on the site. Has it been removed?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 08:27 PM
    Checked on their website and my "android device" lists as not compatible.

I wonder what's going on...

Oh, welcome to the forums!

EDIT: Here is the APK anyway.
    Last edited by diegonei; 02-03-15 at 09:50 PM.
    02-03-15 09:40 PM
    I think something happened with the amazon app store and no longer shows all apps on blackberry. I remember skype and Viber being on the amazon app store a while back, and they still are if I do a Web search but can no longer find it in the amazon app

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 10:06 AM
    Yeah, just checked and it's not showing up at all on my Z10. It used to.

Looking it up in the Amazon Store app, and not showing there either. When doing a Web search in Google, there's a link to the Store which pulls up saying that it's only for Android devices and asks to add to my wish list.

I've got Netflix that a got from Snap, so I'm okay - except that the last update added Google services that pops up a message about how it's not supported by my device - but the app itself still runs anyway.

Does seem strange though.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 10:07 AM
    Best advice for all Bb users now is to stop updating apps for now....this google play services ish is not doing us well

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 10:41 AM
    I have the latest update from Snap and it works fine. Don't know what you guys are taking about. As far as Amazon app store, there are a lot better stores out there.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 05:03 PM
    Same problem here, certain apps disappeared from the Amazon store and from my cloud when I look for them on my phone but are there on other devices.

Posted via CB10 with my fabulous Z30
    02-05-15 09:22 AM
    I have the latest update from Snap and it works fine. Don't know what you guys are taking about. As far as Amazon app store, there are a lot better stores out there.
    Some apps are adopting Google Play Services, and while some work when you dismiss the pop up, others actually need it to work from that update on, making using the app on a BB10 device impossible.

So yeah, if you're going to update, make sure you have a copy of the previous apk handy.
    Elite1 likes this.
    02-05-15 09:32 AM
    So is Netflix removed from the Amazon store for Amazon Fire phones or just BlackBerry phones?

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 10:51 AM
    This situation is truly worsening. For sure, I know Netflix from the Amazon app Store is not available for the Passport, but now also the Z30 and Z10 which are all-touch devices? I use Snap on my Z30 and Passport. The newest Netflix update works fine, but for the Passport I actually ended up using an older version, as the latter ones don't adapt well to the square screen. Since I started using Snap last year, I've kept all the downloaded apks, which at least give me some leverage in case new updates stop working on BB10 devices.

IMHO is not Amazon, but rather the developers asking to block certain apps for BB10 devices. As we all know Netflix doesn't want to build a native app for BB10 and not even port the Android one to BlackBerry World. As we have workarounds and know well that the app works great in BB10, I guess what they've done is block the "official" route for BlackBerry users.

My main gripe with this situation is that having the Amazon app store preinstalled on the Passport, Classic and future devices is no longer an effective solution... So what's the use for BlackBerry of keeping the agreement with Amazon?

Sent from the powerful and masterful Passport!
    dejanh likes this.
    02-05-15 11:16 AM
    This situation is truly worsening. For sure, I know Netflix from the Amazon app Store is not available for the Passport, but now also the Z30 and Z10 which are all-touch devices? I use Snap on my Z30 and Passport. The newest Netflix update works fine, but for the Passport I actually ended up using an older version, as the latter ones don't adapt well to the square screen. Since I started using Snap last year, I've kept all the downloaded apks, which at least give me some leverage in case new updates stop working on BB10 devices.

IMHO is not Amazon, but rather the developers asking to block certain apps for BB10 devices. As we all know Netflix doesn't want to build a native app for BB10 and not even port the Android one to BlackBerry World. As we have workarounds and know well that the app works great in BB10, I guess what they've done is block the "official" route for BlackBerry users.

My main gripe with this situation is that having the Amazon app store preinstalled on the Passport, Classic and future devices is no longer an effective solution... So what's the use for BlackBerry of keeping the agreement with Amazon?

This.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    02-05-15 12:36 PM
    I don't think Netflix is using Google Services, because I have the latest update, and there is no Google Services pop-up on my Netflix app. Works perfectly, and seamless.

Using Z10 STL 100-3 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 05:51 PM
    So the company who wants net neutrality is back to their old BlackBerry hating ways ehh?

Support the Amazon App Store
    02-05-15 06:28 PM
    I don't think Netflix is using Google Services, because I have the latest update, and there is no Google Services pop-up on my Netflix app. Works perfectly, and seamless.

Using Z10 STL 100-3 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    Okay. If you say so.

But this is what I get right after I start up the app.

Netflix for Z30 gone from Amazon store?-img_20150205_200953.png

And this was just updated yesterday through Snap.

Of course, I just tap "OK" and it goes on without any problems.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 08:21 PM
    Since cannot contact vendor from within the app store, went online and rated it 1 star, titled disappeared. Feel free to join the review , or create your own. Need to voice that it's noticed and unacceptable. At least to Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 09:00 PM
    Just downloaded Netflix fresh from Snap with no issues downloading or to run. That said, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Netflix makes a move to block Blackberry users.
    02-05-15 09:09 PM

Nah, I doubt the developers are going out of their way to block devices.
    02-05-15 09:11 PM
    Holy ****...
    This is a fairly recent development. I updated to 10.3.1 about a month ago and downloaded Netflix straight from amazon app store.
    But I can't find it anymore...
    I wonder what Netflix has to say about this bs.
    Will ask on twitter.

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    Last edited by Oglon3r; 02-06-15 at 09:38 AM.
    02-05-15 10:29 PM
    Netflix downloaded via the Amazon app store is working fine on my 100-3 Z30 with 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 10:46 PM
    Apps disappearing from BlackBerry on the Amazon App Store has been a known issue since October. I think it is a combination of developers intentionally shafting BlackBerry and Amazon wanting to protect its Fire Phone sales, however mediocre, by creating exclusivity.

We asked for an official answer on how this "partnership" and access to apps is supposed to work, but we never received any answer at all.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 11:27 PM
    Believe it or not, this most likely is BlackBerry's own doing.

Just like they worked with Amazon to block certain apps from the Passport (like Facebook) when the Passport was officially launched with 10.3 and the Amazon app store pre-installed.

This is a sign that official 10.3.1 is nearing for the older Z devices, and BlackBerry is going through whatever "vetting" process of the apps on the Amazon app store they went through for the Passport.

Kinda crappy.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 11:40 PM
    Netflix downloaded via the Amazon app store is working fine on my 100-3 Z30 with 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, but WHEN did you you download it? And, can you still find it in the store now if you searched for it?

That's the issue.

Not if the app works - because we know it does.

I'm pretty that I still saw it listed in the Amazon app store up to last weekend.

It's the version now offered from Google Play downloaded through Snap that now wants (but doesn't need) Google Services.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 06:38 AM
    Believe it or not, this most likely is BlackBerry's own doing.

Just like they worked with Amazon to block certain apps from the Passport (like Facebook) when the Passport was officially launched with 10.3 and the Amazon app store pre-installed.

This is a sign that official 10.3.1 is nearing for the older Z devices, and BlackBerry is going through whatever "vetting" process of the apps on the Amazon app store they went through for the Passport.

Kinda crappy.

Posted via CB10
    I did think of that time but I honestly didn't know how to factor it in. Your analysis is very interesting.

Can someone running 10.2.1 check if they can download the app?

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 07:29 AM
    I did think of that time but I honestly didn't know how to factor it in. Your analysis is very interesting.

Can someone running 10.2.1 check if they can download the app?

Posted via CB10
    OS won't matter, as long as they can identify the "Android" device in the same way.

The question is what makes them arrive at the conclusion that the app "is not compatible". At the time, the Facebook app worked fine (about as well as any crummy Android app) on my Passport for a few weeks before they sent out the email apologizing for letting me download the app... lol

I would hate to think that the reason involves anyone in their legal team.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 07:55 AM
    OS won't matter, as long as they can identify the "Android" device in the same way.

The question is what makes them arrive at the conclusion that the app "is not compatible". At the time, the Facebook app worked fine (about as well as any crummy Android app) on my Passport for a few weeks before they sent out the email apologizing for letting me download the app... lol

I would hate to think that the reason involves anyone in their legal team.

Posted via CB10
    You received an email from Amazon? Care to post it?
    All I have ever received is something similar from Snap chat about Snap10 being a security liability.
    Could connection to Netflix compromise software security structure in OS 10?
    This why it got taken out of the Amazon store?

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    02-06-15 09:43 AM
86 123 ...