First of all: I am not a developer, and I'm not sure thiis can be done. I know it was requested before the Classic came out, but now as the Classic IS out I thought about:

With 10.3.1 the trackpad is integrated in the whole os, and I just thought having a pointer in the browser, selecting multiple emails and precise courser control would be awesome to have on the q10, as the classic is just too ******* big.

Can't there be a headless app, which is simulating the trackpad events whenever for example the alt key on the keyboard is pressed and hold and the touchscreen gets used? Kind of like the way you can hold the shift key and use the whole touchscreen as a "touchpad" to mark text. I imagine it kinda easy to do for a skilled dev, if there is a way to "call" the trackpad events...

So what do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and Sulaco757 like this.
    02-02-15 11:27 AM
    It would be possible.... if BlackBerry allowed developers that level of access.
    02-02-15 11:38 AM
    First of all: I am not a developer, and I'm not sure thiis can be done. I know it was requested before the Classic came out, but now as the Classic IS out I thought about:

With 10.3.1 the trackpad is integrated in the whole os, and I just thought having a pointer in the browser, selecting multiple emails and precise courser control would be awesome to have on the q10, as the classic is just too ******* big.

Can't there be a headless app, which is simulating the trackpad events whenever for example the alt key on the keyboard is pressed and hold and the touchscreen gets used? Kind of like the way you can hold the shift key and use the whole touchscreen as a "touchpad" to mark text. I imagine it kinda easy to do for a skilled dev, if there is a way to "call" the trackpad events...

So what do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    I like this idea! For me the Classic is too big! i like the 9900 & Q10 shape!
    02-02-15 11:45 AM
    I Agree! There is a trackpad editor app that teases this concept, but it limits to a text editing box only. I would actually prefer specific area that the trackpad visualized, to form muscle memory like the legacy devices. We already have this menu bar at the bottom of the screen where the "back" selection is located, why not a virtual trackpad in the middle of that menu bar?

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/30833894

It could be extended out to every BB10 device, though Classic users wouldn't like it. But even full touch BB7 devices had trackpads, you can then avoid touching the screen for simple actions like scrolling, menu selection selection and cursor movement.

I would seriously pay $5 for this app, and I can guess many BBOS converts would pay that as well. It would really help refine the Q10 to the Bold replacement it was meant to be. And provide an upgrade path to those that can't handle the Classic's size or fixed battery.

 Q10 on 10.3.1.2582 
    04-03-15 11:30 PM
    An headless app (or standard app) can only inject/simulate events in its own app (visual part of the app), it cannot inject it in another app.

It also cannot listen to touch or key press events that are occurring in another app, thankfully. Imagine how safe would it be to type a password if the key pressed could be listened by any app.

This would have to be implemented by BlackBerry themselves in the OS, an app will never be able to do that.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 08:33 PM