So as of January 30, 2015 the ATT store that's local to me has no idea what the Blackberry Classic/Passport even is. And assure me that it's not coming out for at least 6 months because on their "road map" they would see and don't. When I call the ATT sales department I get pretty much the same answer. At this point I hope it's not true or worse ATT just drops it because of a "screw it they can" mentality. But every source I've been able to ask related to ATT, say that maybe in fall at the earliest it will come out. If that's true and that's what they meant by "soon" and immediate future it will be a sore spot on reputations for sure. Really hoping it's not true but give that it's the only real answer I've been given an it's consistent it worries me... Your guys thought??
    Last edited by pandabear444; 01-30-15 at 07:59 PM.
    avanrv likes this.
    01-30-15 06:50 PM
    Check your year.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 06:58 PM
    Awesome you caught that...I probably couldn't have slept at night.
    01-30-15 08:00 PM
    Horrible just horrible! I've been really patient with waiting for AT&T to release the damn phone so I wouldn't have to pay as much but given the outrageous wait time for AT&T to release the phone, I might just purchase the classic unlocked. I'm tired of waiting!

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-30-15 09:00 PM
    AT&T has a long and well documented history of releasing BlackBerry phones 6+ months after they are officially available. Not sure why that would change now, besides, they have to keep selling them iPhones or risk being penalized by Apple.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    01-30-15 09:07 PM
    Honestly if its even another full month I'm probably out and I bet I'm not alone in that.
    01-30-15 10:51 PM
    Your responses were what I thought I would get so I didn't bother calling. Thanks for doing the legwork. About what I was thinking.
    01-30-15 10:57 PM
    The only real immediate hope i have is the advertisement thats front and center on the US blackberry site and the many articles they have on it on the ATT site. Maybe I'm not patient but either way its good for both BB and ATT that ppl care this much.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    01-31-15 01:53 AM
    I was at the att store yesterday and asked about the passport and classic. The guy helping me said they were "listed in the system" but there was no release date given. He said he's excited for the passport as well and is looking forward to it. Really perked up after I mentioned I was interested in it. So not sure hopefully both of them are coming in the next month maybe

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 02:29 AM
    February week 1 would be nice. Ah week ago woulda been better lol.
    01-31-15 03:19 AM
    Why waste your time. Just get it on Amazon they gave me 6 months interest free at Xmas for opening an account. They delivered right away had standard shipping came in 3 days. Sign up for 30 day trial for Prime and get upgraded shipping.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 07:16 AM
    AT&T has a long and well documented history of releasing BlackBerry phones 6+ months after they are officially available. Not sure why that would change now, besides, they have to keep selling them iPhones or risk being penalized by Apple.

Posted via CB10
    It amazes me that AT&T and other carriers bow to Apple with that BS. They sell direct and the carriers shouldn't have to put up good numbers because that.

If one of my manufacturers sold direct they would put on the back burner.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 08:21 AM
    Why waste your time. Just get it on Amazon they gave me 6 months interest free at Xmas for opening an account. They delivered right away had standard shipping came in 3 days. Sign up for 30 day trial for Prime and get upgraded shipping.

Posted via CB10
    I would have ordered already but the white one isn't available yet. I check B & H, amazon and Shop BlackBerry.

Impatient.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-31-15 08:23 AM
    The last phone I bought from AT&T was the Z10. Since then I've had a SGS3, Nexus 5, Q10, and Classic. I can't be bothered waiting for carrier releases any more.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    01-31-15 08:33 AM
    Me too. I switched to AT&T for the Z10. I was with sprint before that. After the failure of AT&T to get the Z30 I bought one unlocked and jumped to T-Mobile. Since then, I bought the passport unlocked. No more waiting for carriers. No waiting on sprint or verizon to see of they decide to carry the phone I want.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    01-31-15 01:06 PM
    The Classic is cheaper on ATT and as of now I have a phone that's ok so I can stand to wait. Just wish it would be a more timely manner. I do see the benefits you guys have raised about unlocked though. Valid points.
    01-31-15 07:48 PM
    I returned my Passport to Amazon because of the return window.

I was hoping that the AT&T Passport would be out by the time I returned mine. It wasn't.

I now have a brand spanking new iPhone 6 Plus and will ride with this until the rounded Passport is released.
    01-31-15 08:24 PM
    I only have a short time left on my contact. Verizon WILL have a new customers / client if the Passport isn't available by contract end.

It sucks to suck!

Z10 (STL 100-3) with vitamin 10.2.1.3337
    01-31-15 10:13 PM
    The point with that is, what if you have to travel to an area where t-mobile coverage ain't getting the job done..?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-01-15 01:43 PM
    Talked today to some ATT ppl and got a any day now. Seems like not much longer but everyday longer grows the possibility of ppl leaving or buying other devices. Wish they would have atleast given a month time frame.
    edwinsberry and t.c.3 like this.
    02-02-15 01:44 AM
    I was in an AT&T store yesterday and asked one of the associates if she could give me some inside info on the Classic/Passport launch date. She was adamant that AT&T didn't sell BlackBerry products anymore and wouldn't be carrying them in the future, but that I should take a look at the iPhone 6 since she noticed my iPhone 5. I pulled up the press release to challenge her and she said, "Well we won't have them in the stores, maybe online." The first line of the press release from Jan. 7 says "online and in retail stores" so I actually read that part outloud and she resorted to "Well maybe in big retail stores like NYC or something, but we won't have them here, we don't sell BlackBerry anymore and won't be in the future."

Really hope the release is any day now as pandabear pointed out, can't wait to walk back into the same store at the same time on a Sunday just so I can buy the phone from that ignorant associate...
    02-02-15 09:41 AM
    I was in an AT&T store yesterday and asked one of the associates if she could give me some inside info on the Classic/Passport launch date. She was adamant that AT&T didn't sell BlackBerry products anymore and wouldn't be carrying them in the future, but that I should take a look at the iPhone 6 since she noticed my iPhone 5. I pulled up the press release to challenge her and she said, "Well we won't have them in the stores, maybe online." The first line of the press release from Jan. 7 says "online and in retail stores" so I actually read that part outloud and she resorted to "Well maybe in big retail stores like NYC or something, but we won't have them here, we don't sell BlackBerry anymore and won't be in the future."

Really hope the release is any day now as pandabear pointed out, can't wait to walk back into the same store at the same time on a Sunday just so I can buy the phone from that ignorant associate...
    Was the clown of a "salesperson" working at a corporate store or franchise type store?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 11:47 AM
    Retail store in the mall
    02-02-15 11:49 AM
    Soon, the OS for it is out.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 12:04 PM
    Is there another type of OS for att

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-02-15 04:41 PM
72 123