I'm probably not the typical Crackberry member. I am semi-retired and am not by any stretch of the imagination a "heavy user".
    I do, however, like technology and was a fairly early adopter when the Z10 came out a couple of years ago. I loved the phone, but
    was frustrated by the way it dropped calls and would reboot itself. So, I tried other phones...lots of other phones. From Apple to
    Android...usually near top of the line phones such as the 5s, the HTC One and Samsung S4. Frankly, they all had some traits that
    I enjoyed and others I disliked strongly.

The Apple just plain worked. It had good battery life (for me) and great voice recognition for voice to text usage. The Androids were fast, and had decent, but not great battery life even with all push options disabled. They also had good voice recognition software for those times I was sending a lengthy text and didn't want to hunt and peck the keyboard. Most, but not all also had SD storage capability and both the Android and IOS app stores had far more apps than I'd ever need or use.

What did I dislike? The IOS phones, being a closed system, have some (to me) quirky things about them...especially for the occasions I would have to multi-task. I also didn't like being tied to the cloud or iTunes for music or storage options. The Android phones varied in terms of interface smoothness, but could always get what I wanted done. OTOH, the incessant software and app updates varied from annoying to downright frustrating.

Enter again the Z10. This time with 10.2x software. No reboots, no freezing (for me) SD card storage and the ability to run the few apps I needed that weren't native via Android run time. Slower, but still...the need for blazing speed has been for me more imagined than real. I recently loaded an older 10.3x leak and now the phone boots faster (still WAY slower than IOS or Android) and in the last week, no freezing with decent battery life. Better call quality by far than even the HTC One, not counting the use of speakerphone. The voices are clearer and the tonal quality far less tinny. The camera is still meh. OK...but both the Sammy S4 and Apple 5s bury it in terms of clarity, speed and color accuracy. The voice to text still doesn't compare...but has improved.

At the end of the day what do I carry? The Z10. I find the OS10 experience, once the learning curve is over, to be smoother and more intuitive than the other operating systems. My occasional multi-task experience is easier and quicker to use. No, I don't play games on m phone other than Sodoku when I have to wait somewhere and have little interest in watching movies on a small screen. As a phone, texting and social media device the Z10 is sufficient for me and other than not being able to feed my "latest toy" jones, works fine. My phone is not my life...but at times it's an electronic supplement to my memory
    potatoguy and raino like this.
    01-27-15 04:44 PM
    Nice write up, thanks for posting! The Z is a great device for what you need it for, and more if you need as well.
    01-27-15 05:48 PM
    Perfect phone for me too it has everything I need/want in a phone & that includes the size...if I can't get it in my pocket I don't care how good it is I'm not interested...I've had mine around a year love it as much as the first day ...My memory is shocking I forget everything & it sorts out my life I would be lost without it!

My Z10 Whiteout
    rayporsche likes this.
    01-27-15 06:19 PM
    I like my z10 very much but still I like to play popular games like Asphalt8 or nova 3 which don't work out well in it. Other than that it's a great device. Hope they might improve it in his future with more better hardware and better call quality like in passport as in the same size of z10.

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    01-31-15 04:43 AM
    Got braveand put a 10.3.1x leak and like it even better. Boots faster and runs smoothly.
    Voice to text software is better too. My " need" for an upgrade is waning.
    02-01-15 10:40 AM