My little brother moved app world, youtube, and the browser into a new folder on his playbook. He was attempting to move a fourth application into the folder when he accidentally deleted the folder.‎
    Now those 3 icons are nowhere to be found.
    Does anyone know how to make these icons return?

I have tried:‎
    -resetting the playbook by clicking the battery symbol, then selecting reset.
    -resetting the playbook by holding volume+, volume- and power buttons for 15 seconds.
    -updating the OS to the current version by selecting check for new updates. (now it's running 2.1.0.1917 )‎
    -on my laptop I downloaded BlackBerry10/playbook manager extension for Google Chrome. Enabled developer mode on his PB, and connected his device to my laptop. I opened chrome and went to his devices IP. I could see all the game/apps he has installed, and this confirmed that the core applications had not been completely deleted. Within the manager, there were launch buttons for each application. I was able to click on those and launch the browser, youtube, and appworld on his PB. Unfortunately, simply launching each app was not enough to make the icons return to the device. With the applications running on his PB I tried minimizing the app, and long pressing on the active frame(hoping to create shortcut or something) but this did nothing.‎
    I'm out of ideas.‎
    Help?‎
    Thanks!‎

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 05:05 PM
    Factory reset?
    01-26-15 05:10 PM
    I was hoping to save a factory reset for a last resort.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 05:12 PM
    (1) Open the browser using the Chrome extension. Then, create a bookmark and send it to the desktop. This should enable you to launch the browser from the desktop. (2) Now open the browser, and in the address/search bar, type "Blackberry app world". This should result in a Bing search (by default). Bookmark the result to the homescreen. From the search results, tap on "Apps" under the first hit. This should open the Blackberry World app.

The alternative would be to locate the bar files for these apps and try sideloading them. The individual bars are available (do a search here). This may or may not fix your issue- don't know since I can't/won't replicate your issue.
    01-26-15 08:49 PM
    Did it happen to move to another page? Swipe left and right.
    01-26-15 08:54 PM
    Good idea, i'll do that. Thanks.

And no, they are not on a different page.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 07:31 AM
    Remove all your icon. Reboot all well ok.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 07:57 AM
    Remove all your icon. Reboot all well ok.

Posted via CB10
    You should not mess with the dock icons. worldGM is right but here is the link for better instructions:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-756258/
    01-27-15 09:19 AM
    You should not mess with the dock icons. worldGM is right but here is the link for better instructions:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-756258/
    8-t sheesh. What an idiotic glitch.
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 09:56 AM
    Oh and if you happen to have to wipe the PB, this is good information about updating:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...needed-993156/
    01-27-15 10:26 AM