After wondering why my notification LED was only working sporadically, I was in the notification settings while the notifications were turned off and was blown away that turning off notifications (which I associate with audible ones) turns off the LED as well. In hindsite I shouldn't be shocked as the LED is a notification and will be affected since the global setting is off.
    So now I can ask a better question.
    What is the best method to allow the LED light to blink always, AND have no audible rings or message notifications to show up for most contacts, AND let certain contact notifications still ring through? On my bold you simply set up certain contacts to have full volume regardless of volume settings and set the volume to off when you went to bed; the LED had a separate control for it being turned off.
    This was a key feature of my other BBs and I can't believe that it's been eliminated on the Q10.
    There does seem to be a lot global controls where in the past it was individual control over features. These are not things you set very often so where's the harm in giving us more control?
    01-26-15 11:15 AM
    10.3.1 will do everything you want except keep the led blinking indefinitely. You need an app for that.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 11:28 AM
    Unfortunately i cannot upgrade to 1.3x either due to the phone itself or due to my provider not qualifying that version of the OS. But if and when that happens you are saying that I will be able to put custom notifications on certain contacts? Will I also be able to just hit notifications off? or will I have to go into the notification settings and turn off audible and vibrate for the led to still indicate when there are new messages? (a shame that, I was actually liking the new, very quick, swipe, tap, close action - as usual everything on this phone seems to take 10 times more actions to do the same things we used to be able to do with much less finger activity.
    01-26-15 06:43 PM