Update-2: It's been a little over one week and it is getting easier to 'flick', I'd say that my flicks are at 97% accurate and the word suggestions have broadened greatly, still a one finger flicker but this is more accurate than swiping on Android and it's autospell. many people I knew have comical texts and FB posts due to faulty autospell and BB on the Z30 is much better.

UPDATE-1: It's been Friday since my Z30 arrived, still having 50/50 on getting suggested word to 'slide up'., I keep forcing myself to correct each time the suggested word doesn't slide up, currently it seems as if a part of it is the downward pressure and getting that correct, what do you folks think? This will be my hardest thing to learn on the Z30, I'm sticking to it until I have it figured out, but right now it's not going well for me. Not saying it's a bad design at all, I had a learning curve on the Android finger swipe/slide and auto correct killed me. So for right now I'm stuck with doing it one finger and not two thumbs. Man O Man, could I type like crazy on my older Blackberrys, loved that keyboard. Get me a Torch the size of the Z30 and I'm buying two of those, Ha, Ha, I shall not surrender!

Newby issue with Z30 keyboard and sliding up a suggested worry. Any tips?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mawil1013; 02-01-15 at 09:23 AM.
    01-24-15 01:09 PM
    What OS version are going running?

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 01:52 PM
    I now have the Z30 but when I first switched to my Z10 from my Bold, I felt the same way on day one. Found it difficult to type anything with any speed whatsoever. Just takes a couple days to get used to. REMEMBER, the keyword suggestions adapts to your writing style, and after your first week you will start to get the hang of it! Now I swipe with both thumbs little crazy!!

Via The BlackBerry Z30 experience!
    01-24-15 06:01 PM
    What OS version are going running?

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 07:09 PM
    I now have the Z30 but when I first switched to my Z10 from my Bold, I felt the same way on day one. Found it difficult to type anything with any speed whatsoever. Just takes a couple days to get used to. REMEMBER, the keyword suggestions adapts to your writing style, and after your first week you will start to get the hang of it! Now I swipe with both thumbs little crazy!!

I. Try y flick it up but it's not going top well
    As you can se.
    01-24-15 07:11 PM
    Can't help you there, I just flicked 5+ x with no issues. Give it time, if you still can't do it then it's the user. Takes at least a few days. How long have you had the phone?

01-24-15 07:42 PM
    press the letter the word is above, then without letting go, swipe up

jzamalot
    anon(55900) likes this.
    01-24-15 08:32 PM
    don't hold the letter to long tho, it will capitalize the letter

jzamalot
    anon(55900) likes this.
    01-24-15 08:33 PM
    It takes time but you will get the hang of it. Just keep typing and flicking and soon you'll be a pro. I also find one thing is not to flick to fast. Just a soft slow flick up

Posted via CB10
    anon(55900) likes this.
    01-25-15 02:00 AM
    I found it odd at first but now think it's brilliant.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 05:45 AM
    The phone arrived Friday. Thanks to everyone for good tips, these old fingers and brain will figure it out but your suggestions are helping and I'm staying on each word until I get it right!
    01-25-15 06:40 AM
    I remember those days, then it started getting better. I would try to show off to friends, didn't work so well. Even thought I might have a defective phone. I think it took me a couple months to get better, just practice.
    anon(55900) likes this.
    01-25-15 07:31 AM
    If I have a word in the space bar (that I don't want) , and a word (that I do want) just above the space bar but below the bottom row of letters, how do I swipe for the word that I do want?

jzamalot
    01-25-15 07:46 AM
    If I have a word in the space bar (that I don't want) , and a word (that I do want) just above the space bar but below the bottom row of letters, how do I swipe for the word that I do want?
    Just press the space bar and swipe up to the word above it without a delay.
    01-25-15 08:21 AM
    I shut off the word in the spacebar, just didn't work for me. Flicking is easy enough for me. If you want to shut off the word suggestions in the spacebar you can do so in the settings.

01-25-15 10:00 AM
    I'm having trouble with keyboard.-img_20150125_110257.png

FF22 likes this.
    01-25-15 10:03 AM
    I like the space bar auto correct, often write slang words or miss spell words, but yeah, a simple tap on the space bar will use the green word, a swipe up from the space bar will use the white word...
    tapping on words with the red squiggly lines underneath will suggest a correction or option to add the word into your dictionary

jzamalot
    FF22 likes this.
    01-26-15 06:17 AM
    I'm having trouble with keyboard.-img_20150126_072050.png

also I have my portrait mode set to in-column, suggesting 3 words at a time at the top of the keyboard

jzamalot
    anon(55900) likes this.
    01-26-15 06:23 AM

jzamalot
    That has helped, right now I'm typing a bogus message and just flicking on whatever words come up and I found I need to press firmer and that there is a time limit befire it becomes a letter, or capitalized, so grateful for UR tips!
    01-27-15 04:16 PM
    A friend of mine was having keyboard frustrations about a year into using his Z30 where mine was performing great. I suggested he take off the poorly fit cheap screen protector he recently put on. He did and all his keyboard problems and misspelled words stopped and the phone is performing like new again.
    I was using a oem BlackBerry screen protector without any problems. I think maybe some of those poorly made protectors may be made from a plastic that collects static which I'd assume would throw the precision of the touch screen out the Window. Just a thought and something to consider if you're having problems.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    01-27-15 06:47 PM
    A good point but I always keep
    my screens naked, especially when their gorilla glass.

A friend of mine was having keyboard frustrations about a year into using his Z30 where mine was performing great. I suggested he take off the poorly fit cheap screen protector he recently put on. He did and all his keyboard problems and misspelled words stopped and the phone is performing like new again.
    I was using a oem BlackBerry screen protector without any problems. I think maybe some of those poorly made protectors may be made from a plastic that collects static which I'd assume would throw the precision of the touch screen out the Window. Just a thought and something to consider if you're having problems.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 06:58 PM
    If the phone only arrived last Friday, that means the keyboard still has to get used to your typing style. Give it a little more time. When I first got my Z30 and when I cleared the learned words a year later (total regret), it took a while to re-learn my syntax and style.
    Soul_Est and anon(55900) like this.
    01-28-15 01:40 AM