I've been organising my new Passport, having read reviews which said I could easily use Android apps on Blackberry now, and very pleased to be back in the fold, so to speak.

However, it is anything but easy to use those apps! You have to install Snap, sideload other guff whcih means getting Google Chrome, luckypatch google play dependent apps, and on and on and on...!!! Anyway, that's all pretty well sorted now, although I'd rather it hadn't been so 'techie'.

This brings me to a curiosity!

One of the apps I used was Life360, which allowed my wife to see where I was, and very useful too. However, it simply would not function for any length of time before losing connection. So I searched for something similar on Snap and came across GPS Tracker Pro. This was labelled as the #1 traker app so I thought I'd give it a go.

Curiously, it turns out that it is by the same developer as Life360. Indeed, it appears to be nothing more than the same with a different skin; even the account remained the same and usable. Even more strange is that this version works perfectly!

So, my question is, should anyone have an answer, is this a different app 'under the hood', or is it just possible the previous download of Life360 had a hidden corruption? I'm happy with what I have, but I'd like to know why the different behaviour.

I do hope this might help others who like Life360 but haven't got it to work on their Blackberry

One other thing is that the developer of Life360 has this GPS Tracker Pro, also 'Find My Phone', and 'Find My Friends', which I imagine are almost identical. The other curious product is 'Sex Offender Search', which I assume is connected, as you have options to see such in Life360.
    01-23-15 07:02 AM
    Sounds like they're just re-packaging certain portions of said app(s) to essentially create new ones. Increases their chances of people using their apps.
    01-23-15 01:05 PM
    The one that doesn't work well is for users that don't want their wives to see where they are going. If I were the dev, I would charge it double price. Or triple.
    01-23-15 01:16 PM
    Just installed GPS tracker pro and it is requiring Google play services

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 06:53 PM