Hey guys,

I'm thinking of buying a 9810 and I have following questions:

Is the amazon app store with all the android apps available?

if no,

Can I use spotify, viber, skype and whatsapp on it?

I love the design of this phone but I'm also considering rather buying a Q10 although I prefer the design of the 9810. I read in the threads that there is no way of installing os 10.3.xxx on the 9810. Is the OS of the 9810 fast and "modern" enough in terms of compatibility etc.?

Greetz,

G
    01-23-15 05:33 AM
    The 9810 is an OS 7 device not BB10. It's several years old now, but some people still like and use it.

If you're looking for more compatibility with newer modern apps, I would go with the Q10, or even the Classic that has a larger screen.
    Amazon App store will work on those, not the 9810
    01-23-15 07:16 AM
    Thank you for the quick response!
    01-23-15 07:46 AM
    The 9810 is primarily a communications device and sadly does not have compatibility with android apps the way BB10 devices do. It's a nice little phone but if you're looking for something to use as a daily driver you should definitely go for the Q10

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 07:47 AM
    How is the browser on the 9810?

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 04:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    Crap compared to a BB10 device!

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    02-05-15 06:20 AM
    By buying I hope you mean someone is giving it to you. The phone isn't even worth $1.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.1.1133 / Telus
    02-05-15 06:23 AM
    By buying I hope you mean someone is giving it to you. The phone isn't even worth $1.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.1.1133 / Telus
    Well that's just not true at all. I still use my Storm 2 on a very regular basis. I nolonger have my 9810, but it'd be my daily driver if I did. I'd love to come back to a place where my phone is just a communications device, not a play toy.
    02-08-15 07:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Much better than the older bbos devices, but not nearly up to par with newer phones. That's really the only problem with the legacy devices is how sloooow it is to reboot and browse.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 07:58 AM
    Much better than the older bbos devices, but not nearly up to par with newer phones. That's really the only problem with the legacy devices is how sloooow it is to reboot and browse.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Considering the Torch is running BBOS7, and the latest legacy operating system is... wait for it... BBOS7, it's literally the latest legacy software you can get, right up there with the 9900. That said, a bane in the existence of those legacy devices was reboot times.

I hated the ritualistic battery pull.... I hated it so....
    02-18-15 08:41 PM
    Hey guys,

I'm thinking of buying a 9810 and I have following questions:

Is the amazon app store with all the android apps available?

if no,

Can I use spotify, viber, skype and whatsapp on it?

I love the design of this phone but I'm also considering rather buying a Q10 although I prefer the design of the 9810. I read in the threads that there is no way of installing os 10.3.xxx on the 9810. Is the OS of the 9810 fast and "modern" enough in terms of compatibility etc.?

Greetz,

G
    I used to have one myself and agree that it's a great looking phone. Unfortunately it's OS7 which is sooner or later going to become obsolete. And actually when I had it a while back apps and developers where already starting to drop support on it.

As for the browser goes, it's really slow on that device compared to today's standards. At best that phone is only really good for calls, text, and email.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 01:49 AM
    I used to have one myself and agree that it's a great looking phone. Unfortunately it's OS7 which is sooner or later going to become obsolete. And actually when I had it a while back apps and developers where already starting to drop support on it.

As for the browser goes, it's really slow on that device compared to today's standards. At best that phone is only really good for calls, text, and email.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, the browser is showing it's age, but there's always Opera if you're on WiFi. That browser is generally better than the built in browser. As far as only being viable for the things, I can agree to the point that it is exceedingly perfect at being a BlackBerry and doing what BlackBerries do :P In a lot of ways, still even better than the BlackBerry 10 counterparts.
    Keyboard Kultist likes this.
    03-04-15 11:28 PM
    I hated the ritualistic battery pull.... I hated it so....
    Press and hold down in this order: alt - right shift - delete

Hold them all down at once. Reboot. No battery pull.

Of course, it might not work if the phone is REALLY frozen.

Crazy sidenote: I learned that by reading an Uzbekistani forum through Google translate.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 03-07-15 at 10:21 AM.
    03-07-15 09:58 AM
    OK here's something for you guys to think about... I have the 9810 just got it a few weeks ago and I have a Z30 and a Z10 and well I put my Z10 on ice just to see if I could get the Z30 and the 9810 to compliment each other and well the truth is they do!
    I have the same email on both phones and since the Z30 is a pretty good size phone all I need to do is pull out the 9810 which as you guys know is quite small but none the less it's much like an iwatch or an android watch or what other gadgets they are using that's small.
    The 9810 is quite easy for one handed operating while on the go and of course the Z30 has a huge screen great browser and easy going read text emails etc.
    Please don't put the 9810 in the dustbin of history quite yet it really does come in handy when in our world of bigger is better when in fact bigger can be a wee bit of a hindrance at times.
    The 9810 does not suffer from the hourglass syndrome as a matter of fact it's very quick for that operating system.
    I have the earlier version and it's kinda slow (Made a tiny mistake and bought the 9810 to make up for it) and drinks battery quite a bit but it can get ms through an 8 hour shift and then some.
    The 9810 has something else going for it and that is it's just dog gone cute!
    I have tried the iPhone and it has some screen issues and so back to apple it goes but when the replacement comes I'm going to sell it.
    I have read the 9810 has hot spot I hope it's true and if anyone knows for sure let me know.
    My BlackBerry collection is now complete....
    Z30, 9810 4G and PlayBook are all mines!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 10:59 PM
    Yeah the Torch is pretty slow these days. I recommend the 9900 at least.

I'm currently a Blackberry classic user and loving it.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 04:13 PM
    Hey thanks. I bought it. Nice phone has hot spot with latest update. It got me interested in buying a Q10 the keyboard is kinda fun.
    Love the size but I wish it were a wee bit bigger, still it has all I need for the most part.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 10:28 AM
    John Crist said: I hated the ritualistic battery pull.... I hated it so....

On OS7? That was lightning compared to my OS6 Style. I could cook dinner waiting on it. ;-)
    04-27-15 07:49 AM