I am writing you guys right now from my brand new, unlocked VZW 9530 running on ATT. More to come after a wedding tonight I have to attend. Of course I'll include pics.

Oh yea, as expected only EDGE, but you gotta give & take....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 03:02 PM
    I wouldn't mind edge-

But I already Switched from AT&T to VZW already, to late for me :-(
    11-21-08 03:15 PM
    You are teasing us, let us in on the details.
    11-21-08 03:16 PM

Are you saying he is lying and that it is not possible?
    Last edited by Garz; 11-21-08 at 03:25 PM. Reason: edit the quote
    11-21-08 03:17 PM
    any proof? pics or something? this is interesting
    11-21-08 03:20 PM
    It's entirely possible he somehow got his unlocked and popped an AT&T Sim card in...
    11-21-08 03:24 PM
    It's entirely possible he somehow got his unlocked and popped an AT&T Sim card in...

But is it working both voice and data?

I am not to worried about 3G just as long as it works.
    11-21-08 03:26 PM
    I am writing you guys right now from my brand new, unlocked VZW 9530 running on ATT. More to come after a wedding tonight I have to attend. Of course I'll include pics.

Oh yea, as expected only EDGE, but you gotta give & take....

I would be very interested in how you did this, since I won a BB storm in the NYC grab (prob wont ship for another week or two), but currently have my Bold on ATT and would love to see what it's like before moving over to VZW.
    11-21-08 03:26 PM

It does not. The 9530 only has European 3G Bands. However, for EDGE it is Quadband.
    11-21-08 03:29 PM
    also very interested in subject...can not wait to find out more
    11-21-08 03:30 PM
    MMS work ?
    11-21-08 03:31 PM
    It does not. The 9530 only has European 3G Bands. However, for EDGE it is Quadband.
    That what I was saying. I live in a rural area and I very seldom pickup 3G anyway. If the edge works I am fine. What I was saying is that 3G is not that important to me.
    11-21-08 03:33 PM

Yup, voice and data...if someone can link me to that free screen shot app I could dl it, install, & take a screen shot.....

11-21-08 03:49 PM
    Yup, voice and data...if someone can link me to that free screen shot app I could dl it, install, & take a screen shot.....

How did you get it unlocked?
    11-21-08 04:02 PM
    I'd like to know as well since I have tmobile and don't mind edge speeds either.
    11-21-08 04:05 PM
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-21-08 04:05 PM
    CrackUtil is one utility that includes a screen shot capability. Download it from here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/
    11-21-08 04:07 PM
    I'll be watching this thread...would love to have a Storm on ATT
    11-21-08 04:10 PM
    CrackUtil is one utility that includes a screen shot capability. Download it from here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/
    He meant the free OTA on device one not a PC version, which can be found at http://www.thetechmogul.com/CaptureIt/CaptureIt.jad

Adjust all permissions for the app to say "Allow".
    11-21-08 04:25 PM
    Now let's grab a 9500 and try to unlock AT&T's 3G signal.
    11-21-08 04:27 PM
    Now let's grab a 9500 and try to unlock AT&T's 3G signal.

Ok I'm home and typing this as I'm getting dressed and transferring all the stuff from my Bold to my Storm while installing DM 4.7.

I will have more info as soon as I get to church lol. Thank God I got the Storm today. It was either that or a PSP to get through this lol.

Overall impressions are great so far!!! I'm flying on the keyboard (maybe typing a little slower than the Bold, naturally). The EDGE is taking some getting use to.

BTW for everyone with negative things to say, it's NOTHING a software fix wouldn't cure.

The only complaint I do have, which is minor, is that the screen kind of wiggles around slightly. There is a small amount of side to side play, but if the screen is to click in, then that is necessary.
    11-21-08 04:56 PM
    Thanks man just keep us updated.
    11-21-08 05:01 PM
    Could you call the international team at VZW and get them to unlock for International use, and then pop in an ATT sim? If so, I have an iPhone and will try this as well.
    11-21-08 05:09 PM
    I am confused. Verizon is a CMDA carrier and the 8530 is a CDMA phone. To my (admittedly limited) knowledge this phone does not have a SIM slot (unless I am mistaken). If my last sentence is true then how can:
    a) a CDMA phone work on a GSM network?
    b) How have you inserted a SIM card into this phone.
    c) BlackBerry GSM unlocking has to go vis RIM's server. This takes about 10 days.

Please would sombody explain that either I am wrong or, this ain't happening.
    11-21-08 05:29 PM
    I am confused. Verizon is a CMDA carrier and the 8530 is a CDMA phone. To my (admittedly limited) knowledge this phone does not have a SIM slot (unless I am mistaken). If my last sentence is true then how can:
    a) a CDMA phone work on a GSM network?
    b) How have you inserted a SIM card into this phone.
    c) BlackBerry GSM unlocking has to go vis RIM's server. This takes about 10 days.

Please would sombody explain that either I am wrong or, this ain't happening.
    It does have a SIM slot, there's pics of it on here somewhere. I also just ordered mine over the phone and the rep told me if I planned to travel out of the country to call and let them know so they could unlock the GSM capabilities for me, I'd just have to buy a SIM when I got to the destination.

Blessed are we who gather...blah blah blah, lets see some pics!!
    11-21-08 05:33 PM
119 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD