Since obtaining a Classic I'm thinking of using the 9900 as a MMS/SMS and email only phone. Do not need data. I am on ATT and they classify the 99 as a smart phone.
    01-19-15 01:51 PM
    Since obtaining a Classic I'm thinking of using the 9900 as a MMS/SMS and email only phone. Do not need data. I am on ATT and they classify the 99 as a smart phone.
    How where you going to do email without data? Just Wi-Fi?

Best bet would be to go to a store and explain what you want. Yes many times your will find they don't want to enable just the phone when you are using a smartphone.... but it can be done. Not really sure about a BBOS device and it's need for Service Books and provisioning...
    01-19-15 02:01 PM
    Its the same on T-Mobile. All BlackBerrys are smartphones.
    01-19-15 02:02 PM
    Yes emails Wifi only there are so many hot spots, Like waiting at the doctors or dentist,
    01-19-15 02:17 PM
    Its the same on T-Mobile. All BlackBerrys are smartphones.
    I remember you saying that BBM doesn't require a BIS plan anymore, but what about everything else? Since all TMO plans (postpaid only?) come with some data now, will everything work on generic 2G, or faster data, if paid for?
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-19-15 03:54 PM
    The plan won't need BIS but does require some data. A smartphone can't be on a voice and text only plan.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-19-15 06:29 PM
    The plan won't need BIS but does require some data. A smartphone can't be on a voice and text only plan.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    What about a carrier like Straight Talk that uses SMS over leased ATT frequency(s)?

I would think there be a market for this.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 12:55 AM
    What about a carrier like Straight Talk that uses SMS over leased ATT frequency(s)?

I would think there be a market for this.

Posted via CB10
    Most carriers automatically put a data plan on any smartphone, so I assume that holds true for Straight Talk.
    Question: With the variety of cheap MVNOs plans out there like Cricket or Lycamobile, why not get a bundled plan that does include some data?
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-20-15 11:46 AM
    Most carriers automatically put a data plan on any smartphone, so I assume that holds true for Straight Talk.
    Question: With the variety of cheap MVNOs plans out there like Cricket or Lycamobile, why not get a bundled plan that does include some data?
    On ATT Family share, just trying to find a cheap way to add a second phone for texting only
    01-20-15 12:16 PM
    On ATT Family share, just trying to find a cheap way to add a second phone for texting only
    Try US Mobile. You can get a text/data combo for pretty cheap, if they have service in your area.

unlimited text $7, 100mb data $2, and monthly service fee $2 = $11 for the month.

https://gousmobile.com/

Or - Consumer Cellular
    1000 text and 100mb data for $5 per month. That seems like a great deal....

https://www.consumercellular.com/Inf...FRCTfgodz7AANA
    01-20-15 01:26 PM
    @denise

Your the bomb! Thanks I'll look into them

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 02:17 PM