Loaded BBM then instructions says to load Blue Stack. But Blue Stacks is a menu for game apps, Must be an easier way?
    01-19-15 01:35 PM
    You should not be able to as it is meant for Windows PHONE 8 and up.
    01-19-15 01:39 PM
    Are you using a BB10 device?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 01:49 PM
    Loaded BBM then instructions says to load Blue Stack. But Blue Stacks is a menu for game apps, Must be an easier way?
    You load BBM by using Blend... don't use a android emulator.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 01:50 PM
    BBM is not available for Desktop / Laptops.
    'BBM for Windows 8' is meant for Windows 8 Smartphones.

There are two ways of using BBM on Laptop / Desktop / Mac:
    1. If you are using a BB10 Device install BlackBerry Blend, update your Phone to the newest 10.3.1.2072 leak. Now you can use BBM from your phone your PC
    2. you can install an Android Simulator like Blustacks or Genimotion and install the BBM app. BUT: You cant use your BBM account on your phone and PC simultaniously!
    01-20-15 07:30 AM
    BBM is not available for Desktop / Laptops.
    'BBM for Windows 8' is meant for Windows 8 Smartphones.

There are two ways of using BBM on Laptop / Desktop / Mac:
    1. If you are using a BB10 Device install BlackBerry Blend, update your Phone to the newest 10.3.1.2072 leak. Now you can use BBM from your phone your PC
    2. you can install an Android Simulator like Blustacks or Genimotion and install the BBM app. BUT: You cant use your BBM account on your phone and PC simultaniously!
    Thank you for this information
    I loaded Bluestacks and used a different Google account. When I couldn't get BBM to work now. Blend won't connect.

Link works so I know Mt settings is ok.

Do I need to up load Bluestacks and change the Google account? Will that work or is there another way?

BlackBerry should just not have this for a PC using BS is not the best way to go. BlackBerry instructions should tell you to use Blend as the first option.

Ty again

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 07:58 AM
    I think you are missing the point. There is NO BBM for Windows PC. BlackBerry never said that there is.

There is BBM for Windows PHONE. But the phone is not a PC.

Blend is used to access your BBM account on the phone and is simply displaying it within the Blend interface on the PC. There is no need to have BBM separately installed on the PC.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 09:21 AM
    I think you are missing the point. There is NO BBM for Windows PC. BlackBerry never said that there is.

There is BBM for Windows PHONE. But the phone is not a PC.

Blend is used to access your BBM account on the phone and is simply displaying it within the Blend interface on the PC. There is no need to have BBM separately installed on the PC.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for your assistance.

I understand the concept NOW. I did not 3 days ago. You explanation was very clear.

My point to atvhightower was to explain what happen. I have lost my connection to Blend because of Bluestacks. I think I have to go back and load up again then set the log on the same as my BB device then uninstall it. I "think the reason my PC does not connect is because of the different log on user i used for Bluestack/BBM.

In 1 hour I will know going to start to fix it now.

Thank you again for your assistance,
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 01-20-15 at 11:45 PM.
    01-20-15 10:06 AM
    To use Bluestack is not an official way. As I said, Bluestacks just emulates Android on your PC. I tried it and in my opinion it is not really good.

So again, the only real way to use BBM on a PC is by installing the newest Version of Blend AND the latest 10.3.1.2072 Leak to your phone. It would not work if you are still on OS 10.2. or 10.3.0.xxx (except you have a passport)

Just to be clear: You are using the same logins in Blend and your BlackBerry? You should do that.

Blend and Phone should be on the same BlackBerry ID,

If you want to use Bluestacks use a different ID!
    Blend cannot connect to your Bluestacks-BBM-ID!
    Wrec likes this.
    01-20-15 10:09 AM
    My Blend was working before I installed BlueStacks. Yes I had different IDs. When I deleted BlueStacks, now I cant connect to my phone via Blend.

I just uploaded BS and used the same ID as phone, then uninstalled it. Still can not reconnect. I checked McAfee firewall Blend is on there and setup out and inbound
    01-20-15 10:57 AM
    I uploaded the BB10.3.2072 leak yesterday. i apparently have to update Blend for it to work.
    01-20-15 11:23 AM
    Using blue stacks is essentially a "hack workaround" to get a separate BBM account on your pc (Since BBM for Windows PC does not exist). Blue Stacks essentially becomes like an android device and you then run the BBM android app on it, but if you use the same BBID account as your BlackBerry it will disconnect BBM on your BlackBerry.

Blue Stacks should only be used if you're very comfortable with tinkering around,.. IT SHOULD NOT BE THE PRIMARY APPROACH to use BBM on a pc.

As others have mentioned Blend allows this, although all Blend does is provide a window to the service running on your BlackBerry device (i.e. It does not run a separate instance of BBM).

Your Blend connection issues are not related to blue stacks at all. They are unrelated programs that do not rely on any of the same network protocols or services. Most likely it is a separate network connection issue:

Are you on the same wifi?
    Is blend turned on on your BlackBerry?
    Is the BlackBerry virtual network adapter (that blend installs) enabled?
    Is your firewall blocking the ipv4 and ipv6 connection?

I would try removing and reinstalling the latest version of Blend. Restart your pc, and also restart your BlackBerry and make sure Blend is enabled.

Others have mentioned that the initial connection (when it pairs) works best when it is connected using usb rather than wifi, so you may want to try that as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 11:35 AM
    Just install BlackBerry the latest Blend software on your computer and then on your smartphone. Launch both software for pairing for first time use, that's all. Blend only borrow your computer to display information that's all.
    01-20-15 11:37 AM
    To use Bluestack is not an official way. As I said, Bluestacks just emulates Android on your PC. I tried it and in my opinion it is not really good.

So again, the only real way to use BBM on a PC is by installing the newest Version of Blend AND the latest 10.3.1.2072 Leak to your phone. It would not work if you are still on OS 10.2. or 10.3.0.xxx (except you have a passport)

Just to be clear: You are using the same logins in Blend and your BlackBerry? You should do that.

Blend and Phone should be on the same BlackBerry ID,

If you want to use Bluestacks use a different ID!
    Blend cannot connect to your Bluestacks-BBM-ID!
    Had to update BBM on phone and restart both PC and phone. That did the trick, forgot to rebooth,
    Thanks for the help.
    I'm up and running
    01-20-15 12:31 PM
    Using Blend to access BBM10 from my PC with Windows 8. I can see my channels but the menu at the bottom does not allow for sharing like from the device. You also have to go to My Channels to see the feed source (RSS) then click on it to see feeds. When you click on Feeds in the menu it brings up two (2) columns "Groups" an "Contacts"

The only thing I see BBM on a PC for is Group Chats and doing invites. There is no way to post, edit or share on the channels.

It does provide access to "accounts" on the mobile device through the Hub Menu. Good for emails and text messages,

Do I have something set up wrong? I would think there be a bigger advantage to use the PC for editing and posting,
    01-20-15 12:59 PM
    Using Blend to access BBM10 from my PC with Windows 8. I can see my channels but the menu at the bottom does not allow for sharing like from the device. You also have to go to My Channels to see the feed source (RSS) then click on it to see feeds. When you click on Feeds in the menu it brings up two (2) columns "Groups" an "Contacts"

The only thing I see BBM on a PC for is Group Chats and doing invites. There is no way to post, edit or share on the channels.

It does provide access to "accounts" on the mobile device through the Hub Menu. Good for emails and text messages,

Do I have something set up wrong? I would think there be a bigger advantage to use the PC for editing and posting,
    Well, since you're on a computer, you can use the Channels Web portal, no?

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 03:36 PM
    The channel is on the menu but when you view the feeds there is no footer with the share option. The footer when viewing though the PC only has like and comment. Wish it would show up the sane as as on the phone.

Since blend is running on my PC I put the blend icon on my tool bar so I can use it to access my email and text messages. So I'm using the BB10's Hub on my PC. Saves a step or two. Now if I could get BBM to work properly it would save more steps.

I'm wondering if Blend could see your apps. Would you be able to use them on a window platform? I think not but don't know till I ask. Now that would be the ultimate. To be able to use the phone apps on the PC and the PC apps on the phone. I guess that would be a programers nightmare and use to much RAM

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 04:08 PM
    Well, since you're on a computer, you can use the Channels Web portal, no?

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't matter. BBM10 will only share to contacts. It will not share to social groups.

BBM10 not usable to me for social media. But like it on the PC for MMS and Emails. Only have to delete the emails one time.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 01-22-15 at 02:35 PM.
    01-22-15 11:49 AM
    BBM10? Emails & MMS? What the heck are you talking about?...
    der_mit likes this.
    01-26-15 07:25 PM
    When you use Blend on your PC it only bring up emails, messages and channels. You can look at the channels but you can only share to the contacts you have on BBM

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 11:40 PM
    Just give it a little while. Blend is new, but we've already seen a couple of updates.

I'm sure in time, you will see your issues resolved and features you couldn't have imagined, being implemented. I could even see you being able to use your phone apps on your PC (but not vice-versa).

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 02:53 AM
    BBM10 on the phone only shares to contacts. I think it's been that way since BB10

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 05:56 AM