There are several threads floating around that suggest doing 1 or more battery pulls to increase the performance. DON'T DO THIS until you have fully charged the battery. I tried it and now mine won't turn back on. The red light is lit up and once in a while the screen will turn on and show a picture of a charging battery, but it will not power up. I have had it charging now for about half an hour and still nothing... I will keep waiting... praying!!
    Last edited by scougarb; 11-21-08 at 12:02 PM.
    11-21-08 11:35 AM
    I pulled the battery almost immediately to keep the phone off while I cleaned sticker goop off the buttons.

No issues restarting it.. and the battery was very low when I did this.
    11-21-08 11:38 AM
    yea I just did a pull right now and the battery is at 20%. Started up in less then a minute ( shocked the **** outta me...)

but i will certainly think twice about doing it again before my battery is full. I don't wanna start pressing my luck.
    11-21-08 11:41 AM
    When you pull the battery and put it back in push and release the BB button
    11-21-08 11:44 AM
    i pulled cause my screeen was multi collored fuz...the whole damn thing..and i waited about 5 minutes...on a white screeen with the loading clock....and it just turned back on right now...thank anton it turned back on
    11-21-08 11:45 AM
    When you pull the battery and put it back in push and release the BB button
    spaciorek... thanks for the suggestion, but I have pushed every button on this darn thing. You meant after I put the battery back in right? Making sure you didn't mean I had to hold it down WHILE I put the battery back in.
    11-21-08 11:46 AM
    I had the same issue and after many button pushes I found that when you put the battery back in hold the BB key then release...if you hold it down forever you do a Hard reset......
    11-21-08 11:52 AM
    charge your battery fully for a couple of hours.. and if the problem still persists.. you need a new battery!
    11-21-08 11:54 AM
    I had the same issue and after many button pushes I found that when you put the battery back in hold the BB key then release...if you hold it down forever you do a Hard reset......
    Well, its back up again... unfortunately I am not sure what fixed it. I reconnected it to the usb cable (I had it on the wall charger) and tried doing the "dead blackberry" procedure found here, but it came up with a message that basically said that I hadn't downloaded the firmware yet, so I let it sit for a few minutes while I was looking for where to download the firmware and when I came back to it, it was booting up. So now I am back in business... thanks for the help!
    11-21-08 11:59 AM
    So when charging your battery are you leaving it "on" or turning off then charging? I have mine turned off and am wondering how will I know when the charge is complete? Right now all I see is a green flashing light. Anyone?
    11-21-08 12:12 PM
    PLEASE HELP!!.. Im pretty new to the BB scene and my fone wont turn on anymore...its just the blck screen and the light is red...PLEASE WHAT DO I DO TO FIX THIS!!!!
    11-22-08 04:12 AM
    I don't understand this whole pulling the battery thing. I've heard the term even for Curves. Does it reset the ram or something when it happens?
    11-22-08 04:15 AM
    Well i got the problem as well..i didnt even do anything though..i left my fone charging..it was perfectly fine then then it just stopped working..the screen is black and the light is red...i tried everything what do i do to fix this...
    11-22-08 04:16 AM
    i pulled cause my screeen was multi collored fuz...the whole damn thing..and i waited about 5 minutes...on a white screeen with the loading clock....and it just turned back on right now...thank anton it turned back on
    LMAO Thank Anton! I wonder how many people got this?
    11-22-08 04:19 AM
    Can anyone help...i got this problem....how do i fix it
    11-22-08 04:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD