After some browsing I realized I could get a Z30 for under $300 on eBay and sell off my ridiculously overpriced iPhone 6. I went from the Q10 to the iPhone because of the upgraded screen size and overall 'ease' of the Apple ecosystem but the tradeoff for the price is not cutting it for me. Four months later I'm regretting the crazy installments for an average phone. Seriously... with BB10 I can do almost everything (minus iMessage and FaceTime) the iPhone does but I have iPad and Macbook I could use for those functions.
    Anyhow... has anyone else went from an iPhone to a Z30? Is the Z30 still worth it? I'm very tempted..
    01-12-15 04:43 PM
    I, coming from iPhone (I loved apple) to Z30, can say:

The z30 is still absolutely worth it and my guess is when the iPhone 6 already seems old in one year, the Z30 will still be great.

Do you know when you gave something what exactly fits your needs, what you wanted, the way you feel for it. You just cannot find words for it... it's just a relaxing "aahhhh". That's what the Z30 gives me.

Conclusion from my side:

- incredible battery life,
    - Great flow of the OS
    - the keyboard is fantastic, the flicking words is the best experience of writing for me
    - the screen is say better than the iPhone 6 ( MY opinion!!!!)
    -incredible battery life
    - incredible battery life

I found THE phone for me. Either this or nothing. Or a Nokia 3210.

The only complaint I have is the slow camera. My girlfriend takes most of the pictures with her iPhone 5. But I've heard the new 10.3.1 is going to increase the overalls speed.

I seriously can't imagine another phone than the Z30.

Z30 STA-2
    01-12-15 05:39 PM
    Anyhow... has anyone else went from an iPhone to a Z30? Is the Z30 still worth it? I'm very tempted.. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-2-1-a-919671/
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    01-12-15 08:52 PM
    Absolutely, the z30 is a fabulous phone amazing battery life typing on it is a dream, you get used to the size of it after a while.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 09:18 PM
    I had an iPhone 5 and had the option of getting an iPhone 6 or the Z30. The 6+ wasn't an option. That is one phone whose battery will truly last all day. I have brother-in-laws that have the regular 6 and I enjoy my phone just as much as they like theirs. I have had mine since late November and have NO regrets choosing the BB 10 platform. Blackberry has changed greatly for the better since I last had the bold 9650. I wasn't so heavily invested in the ios camp after only two years with apple. The decision was super simple after spending hours here on crack berry. I really enjoy using this phone. My kids thought I was nuts, but that is okay.

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus and anon(55900) like this.
    01-12-15 10:05 PM
    Bold move
    01-12-15 10:20 PM
    I just moved from the Z10 to the Z30 for the larger screen and better battery life. I did consider the i6 as it is a nice looking phone. The Apple ecosystem still rules for seamless end to end data dealing but the Z30 is a masterpiece of a phone. I can only describe it as Silky Smooth... The screen density (pixel density) is nowhere near the i6 but you know what.... who cares???!! It is vibrant and looks great. True the i6 camera is one of the best if not the best out there but I find their photo taking interface cluttered and not as intuitive as BB's. I use the OneDrive app to backup all my pics and videos to the cloud and with 1TB free from Microsoft how can you go wrong? The Hub in the Z30 is the real meat and potatoes and with the larger screen it is the most useful thing since the Swiss Army Knife (which I still carry). I manage 4 different email accounts and 2 different chat accounts with ease (thank you read message pinching). The Z30 also feels like it means business, I like a heavier phone because it makes me want to take care of it, just went through an i5 destroying episode and would never even think about that with the BBZ30, its a sacred kind of thing.
    Anyhow, switch off that iToy phone bandwagon and get things done with BB... you can always rock on iPad if you need the apps.

Good luck!
    01-12-15 10:22 PM
    You can probably sell the iPhone 6 for a decent profit and get the z30 on the cheap. It's been my daily driver since January 2014 and has been abusing it like crazy (8 email accounts, work email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.). Love my z30 though I might switch over to a passport...

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 11:02 PM
    I have an iPhone 6 also and a Z10. Been thinking about selling the iPhone and getting a Z30. Let me know what you decide and how it goes. May help persuade me...... I'm leaning toward the Z30.

Verizon STL100-4 /10.3.1.1949
    01-12-15 11:33 PM
    I have never had an iPhone only a 3rd gen touch XD. But I do have a Z30. My previous 3 phones were all BlackBerry as well. I took a leap of faith when BlackBerry was at their lowest. No regrets man. It is a rock solid piece of tech. It is very reliable. It never produces any unexpected nonsense situations like a lot of other devices I deal with on a day to day basis. Even after 14 months of using it, I still get a full day out of the battery. The OS updates are very good. Feels like a new phone after each update. And the updates improve the performance instead of bogging it down. I get killer signal out of it. It also has the most amazing sounding speakers ive heard out of a phone. BBW , Snap and Amazon provide plenty of "eco system".

But by far my favorite thing about the phone is the screen. Sure it's sub-300ppi, but it's got the sexiest friggin' blacks ive ever seen on anything. I have a black wallpaper and I can't tell the bezel from the screen. Long live AMOLED!! Oh and this screen is super smooth to the touch. Its like gliding your thumbs along black ice but without the cold.

Bottom-line: I would not switch to any other phone at the moment nor for the foreseeable future.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-13-15 12:18 AM
    I used a 4S for 3+ years. I have a Z30 now. It's a great device with a good OS. I rather like it and balance is amazing.

Downside of it, is primarily lack of native apps.

Even when the native apps are programmed by decent programmers, being a good programmer does not make you a good designer.

Really miss some iOS apps. Sorry guys but it's the truth. Even Twitter clients are not done right here. I use lists a lot and the native Twitter client often chokes and shows me the same tweets again. Blaq doesn't do that but can't hold its position in a list timeline. Always has to zoom up to the top and has other issues among which is the terrible design choice of having people's avatar scale to different sizes based on how big their tweet was. Tried other clients. They all have their own issues.

Design on apps for BB10 sucks. I was looking at screenshots of the BB10 Telegram contest submission and they went with 90 degree corner message bubbles. Appalling.

Programmers please don't try to look different. Look nice.

Posted via CB10
    nick13b and WanShark69 like this.
    01-13-15 12:39 AM
    I live in Croatia and the Z30 is not available here. I bought mine while in Canada. My buddy here ordered a Z30 over the internet for his wife, who was a iPhone user. She loves the Z30.
    He didn't want to make the switch right away since his bank here doesn't have an APP for BB10 devices. But after playing around with his wife's Z30, he's going to make the switch as well. BTW, our other buddy got the i6. Neither of my friends are impressed with it. I don't care much for iPhone's so my personal opinion wouldn't have been of much use to you.
    But there are 3 former/current iPhone users way over here who think the Z30 is FANTASTIC. We are also all looking at the PassPort...
    01-13-15 12:51 AM
    Will be fine if you keep ipad close to you. Personally I would never buy a touchscreen phone from BlackBerry.

Passport
    01-13-15 01:38 AM
    Will be fine if you keep ipad close to you. Personally I would never buy a touchscreen phone from BlackBerry.

Passport
    Why? Its the best touchscreen keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    dmateo and Miss_Hawkins like this.
    01-13-15 02:11 AM
    You should definitely get a Z30 because it is one of the best BlackBerry touchscreen smartphones to date. I bought mine a color White BlackBerry Z30 this January 2015 only and it was absolutely amazing phone. There are lot of amazing features on Z30 than iPhone6 like USB on the go, Natural sound speakers, install Android apps, Miracast etc.
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    01-13-15 02:24 AM
    I have a Z30, my path to this was iPhone 4, LG droid, a bit of time on a Curve, Z10, Z30.

This is the best phone I have ever owned.

Posted via CB10
    ny3ali and Ursus Rufus like this.
    01-13-15 08:21 AM
    I will order Z30 this week in Amazon for 298 USD. These reviews have helped a lot to reinforce my decision. Z30 is stylish and a powerful phone and I noticed that this phone is being sold more frequently than I imagined, three days ago there were 22 available for the provider in Amazon, now, only 9 in stock, and this was after getting totally sold out from another first provider that I selected before. So... let's go Z30!
    Chris Chin likes this.
    01-13-15 09:06 AM
    One more thing...I have a tempered glass screen protector for this Z30..it is a real improvement over the "plastic film" on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 09:54 AM
    I was on iPhone for 4 years, most recently on the 5s. I was on Android for 2, most recently Nexus 5. I've only been on the Z30 for 2 months.

IOS is as solid as you can get based on my experience but the locked down ecosystem and lack of customization ability is frustrating if you want to do more.

The Nexus 5 was awesome, Android is solid and you can customize all you want or leave it all stock. Best of both worlds in my opinion. And I love the seamless integration of Google with home and mobile, works very well for me. The problem with the N5 was battery life.

The Z30 is a really good phone, battery life is great, screen is beautiful. The lack of native apps is frustrating at times and despite being able to install apps from the Play Store, a lot just don't run as smoothly as on the Android environment. I have a few things that I miss from Android and can't get working properly on my Z30. (Kodi, VPN into my home network, Google maps, and a few others). I've spent a lot of time tweaking my Z30 and trying to get it setup the way I like and I just can't quite get in there yet.

If you already have an iPad and haven't been on Android then the Z30 might be a good decision.
    Last edited by jayace777; 01-13-15 at 04:43 PM.
    01-13-15 12:25 PM
    Just do it Dude. You will not regret it.
    01-13-15 01:26 PM
    Why? Its the best touchscreen keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    If keyboard is important for you then buy passport.

Passport
    BB_Junky likes this.
    01-13-15 03:25 PM
    Thanks for all the replies! My main reservation probably sounds trivial but it is lack of emoji support. Is there a workaround? Do apps like GO SMS work well on Z30? After having the iPhone I heavily use emojis between convos with friends and family. I know it's a small thing but the lack of emojis on BB10 is a head scratcher when even WP8 uses them???
    nick13b likes this.
    01-14-15 12:26 PM
    I'm into my second month as a Z30 owner. I bought it outright in the Holidays sale. I could have chosen the iP6 for less with my ISP's postpaid contract plan, but didn't.(I'm still on the plan; it's too "good" to leave!)

You do the figuring out: What's your current ecosystem? How important are a vast amount and variety of apps are to you? As well as accessories? How much does top-notch security matter? Etc., etc.

I created a table of the 8 or so devices I was interested in; I am an anal-yst. The Z30 carried the second heaviest weighting. FWIW, the iP6(+) were last.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 12:31 PM
    Dude, I honestly think you should keep the iPhone until the next full touch is out. 10.4 or whatever it ships with, should take care of all of your concerns, emoji included.

iPhones don't depreciate as much, so you'd still be able to sell it and buy the new full touch with that money.
    officially_juju and devin266 like this.
    01-14-15 12:49 PM
    I wouldn't hesitate to switch. I've recently gone to a Classic because I like physical keys, but the Z30 touch keys almost compelled me to stay. Mines gone to an iphone 5 usrr and he's over the moon with the switch especially after the iOS8 debacle.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 12:53 PM
91 123 ...