I love my Q10 and have it since day 1 and love supporting a Canadian company like blackberry and love the qwerty keyboard.

I'd love to upgrade to the latest and shiny new phone released the blackberry classic but just can't afford the 500 or the early upgrade fee rogers would charge me.

My issue is does this mean I'm walking around with a obsolete phone that blackberry is phasing out ? Have they given up on the no toolbelt and full touchscreen with a physical keyboard ?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 03:36 PM
    It's obsolete when you're done using it. There's nothing to show BlackBerry has any plans to 'drop support' for it or anything along those lines yet. You seem worried for no particular reason other than the fact that there is new devices coming out, which is kind of normal, but given the Classic shares the same specs as some already existing devices the worries are rather unfounded this time.
    01-08-15 03:41 PM
    Don't worry about it.... people still use the BOLD9900 the Q10 will last a LONG TIME
    agarwal.apar and Senor Wright like this.
    01-08-15 07:20 PM
    Your concerns are unfounded.

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    Befuddledberry likes this.
    01-08-15 07:37 PM
    I have a Passport, the BlackBerry flagship. Used it now for just over a month. It is great with it's big screen and specs. Yet I'm typing this on my Q10. Why? Because I needed to put some documents on this device on my SD card. Yet as I'm using it I can't help be amazed how versatile and functional it is. The Q10 is the best smart phone I've ever had (the jury is still out on the Passport). It is my backup and will be for a long time. I don't see it being "out dated" as a communications device for a very long time.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Peter Johnson4; 01-08-15 at 10:53 PM.
    bbtino, Saulii, Larzm and 1 others like this.
    01-08-15 10:13 PM
    My 8330 Curve is still going strong and my girlfriend uses it all day long. Your concerns are unfounded from where I sit.

Posted using the Browser on my Q10
    Saulii and grover5 like this.
    01-09-15 05:32 AM
    Blackberry devices last a long time, depends on the user. Some people go like 5 +- years with their device. The Q10 is a solid device with inexpensive replacement parts.
    Saulii likes this.
    01-09-15 05:39 AM
    It's obsolete when it's only good to use as a bottle opener.

Z10
    Saulii likes this.
    01-09-15 06:11 AM
    Just go to GSM arena and compare the specs of the Classic. It isnt such a big "woop de do" that I should have to upgrade to it from my Q10. the only noteable difference that I like in the Classic besides the toolbelt, is the fact that it can support a 128GB memory card. thats it.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 06:59 AM
    If texting and calling are no longer means of communication, then its obsolete.

Q10 Filipinas
    01-09-15 07:02 AM
    I love my Q10 and have it since day 1 and love supporting a Canadian company like blackberry and love the qwerty keyboard.

I'd love to upgrade to the latest and shiny new phone released the blackberry classic but just can't afford the 500 or the early upgrade fee rogers would charge me.

My issue is does this mean I'm walking around with a obsolete phone that blackberry is phasing out ? Have they given up on the no toolbelt and full touchscreen with a physical keyboard ?

Posted via CB10
    5yrs+.... What more do you need a device to do... Until 5g gets rolled extensively...

Unless you want to play video games on your phone.l then it already is.

For email, web surfing... Q10 won't be obsolete for a long time.
    Saulii likes this.
    01-09-15 08:27 AM
    I'm with Blaze, move on when you really need to. As long as the device you've got meets your needs why worry?
    01-09-15 10:33 AM
    And with the removable battery on the Q10, the phone can be used even after your original battery breaks down. This cannot be said for many of the phones that are being sold right now.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    Q10Bold, dmlis, lift and 1 others like this.
    01-09-15 10:45 AM
    Regrettably new is not always better. Look before you leap unlike too many others don't.
    01-09-15 12:04 PM
    Indeed, the Q10 with OS 10.3.1 installed, does support the 128GB media card.
    Sulaco757 likes this.
    01-09-15 12:18 PM
    Agreed. Great comment.
    01-09-15 12:20 PM
    Over the years I went from a Blackberry Pearl to a Galaxy. I just bought my Q10 a week ago and I'm in love. Even though it's not popular, I like it so far and that's what matters

� Blackberry Q10 � Running Hybrid OS Leak: 10.3.1.1949 � Radio: 1154 � Smooth Sailing/�Chilling
    Larzm likes this.
    01-09-15 01:47 PM
    It's good to be part of the Q10 family for some time. In fact, i'm thinking of buying another one.
    If this had been an Apple product, you can be assured they would have stopped updating the software, making all of us slaves to this Big Brother forever like the IBM of the 70s.

Posted via CB10
    Sulaco757 likes this.
    01-09-15 02:24 PM
    Thank You for the re assurance everyone and the responses.
    I do quite enjoy my Q10 for the physical keyboard and bb hub and i find it runs quite smooth. All the major apps i use such as twitter, banking, news, sports etc all seem to be on the blackberry world and with the update comming up in Feb it should feel like a nice little upgrade due to some new features.

If not for the price of upgrading the screen size increase on the classic and the toolbelt we're appealing but i think i will hold on to my Q10 in the hopes they make another larger screen touchscreen with physical keyboard . Like a bigger Q10 with bigger screen and better processor, camera etc...

any rumbling of such a device ?
    diehardbbuser likes this.
    01-09-15 02:32 PM
    My contracts with Sprint has came to an end for almost 3 months now. I didn't renew since my work provided me an iphone 6. However I still carry around my lovely Q10, this phone is my super backup. Q10 is my number 1 communication device. I much prefer sending and receiving emails on my Q10 rather than the iphone. Virtual keys is not my thing. With Q10, I can type faster, easily and also typing without looking. Not to mention it's versatility, slick and small design. Obsolete, I don't think so. And even if I have a Q10 with me, I also carry around my bold 9930, my all time favorite. , I believe the Q10 and even 9900 can easily match and compete today's new phone and can still hold its grounds for near future. Physical qwerty keys are just astonishing to use.!

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 03:28 PM
    The Classic was just released with the same specs. If your not a gamer or Android runtime user you will be good for 4-5 years is my guess (as a communication device primarily).

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 06:47 PM
    My Q10 had been obsoleted since I bought Passport lol

All of my gadgets are crying in my cupboard, Q10, Note8, PlayBook, Galaxy Grand Duo. Passport replaced all of them..... oh oh beside 'some' gaming experience that required Google play service lol.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 06:53 PM
    Still holding onto my Q10 for now until I see what Blackberry has in place for 2015.
    01-09-15 07:17 PM
    I am a Z30 owner. I was planning on buying my wife a Q10 for quite awhile. But when my Z30 screen stopped working, I ordered the Q10 to use while I wait for my replacement device from Digital River. It's been about 2 weeks without my Z30 and a week and a half with the Q10. I really got to liking this little powerhouse.
    I never used a hardware keyboard BlackBerry. I had a BlackBerry Storm 1 and 2. So I struggled with the alt keys a bit. However, I loaded 10.3.1.1949 on it. Battery life has been as good as I had on my Z30. It also fits into my car gps holster perfectly. I don't have to stretch it as I do on my Z30. It takes good enough pictures. The browser is so good for single handed use. I am not in a rush to get my Z30 back. This is like a swiss army knife. Compact and utilitarian.

My wife will get this device and I am sure she will be happy. It will replace her Galaxy S4 Mini. This device will serve her as long as my Z30 serves me.

Posted via CB10
    dmlis, Sulaco757 and Senor Wright like this.
    01-09-15 08:18 PM
    Well, since they supported (or still support) the Bold 9900, I assume we're in the clear.

I hope so because I got this device a few weeks ago. :P
    01-09-15 11:12 PM
53 123