My Passport just fell from my newly arrived Seido belt holster and my screen is all cracked now , should ITake it to AT&T? They haven't even released it but I know I am paying insurance...

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 06:35 PM
    Oh and working perfectly, just have a broken screen.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 06:39 PM
    You can try but what I don't think they will be able to help you. What are they going to replace it with? They don't have them yet and the model they are releasing is slightly different than what you have. I'm pretty sure that AT&T won't cover insurance for a device they don't carry.
    01-07-15 06:42 PM
    ATT might send it away for repair and advise you that the insurance you paid to date will be refunded. The PP is not avaialble from them, the insurance claim will be declined and you would be paying out of pocket.
    01-07-15 07:07 PM
    That sucks, I feel bad for you. But I think it's a lost that's coming out of your pocket.
    01-07-15 07:21 PM
    Does anyone know if Otterbox has released the Defender case for the Passport?

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.1.1154
    01-07-15 07:28 PM
    So Siedio not that good then

Z 30
    01-07-15 07:51 PM
    Should I charge Seido? Haha jk... excellent I thin my coat was responsible, don't know if it got stuck when putting in the holster. I am extremely disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 08:01 PM
    Sorry, hard to type with a broken screen, the Seido holster is excellent

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 08:02 PM
    I just visited the AT&T store, they were about to close and they still had people waiting, but they still gave me a quick response. To return tomorrow or call the insurance directly but since they do not carry the passport yet and because I have only 2 months with the account that either the deductible was going to be high or they were not going to help me and to return tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 08:27 PM
    You can buy new screens online from at least two companies. Cost is around $120. However you still need to find someone to install it.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 09:11 PM
    Did you purchase the Passport from AT&T? If not than i'm not sure AT&T will do anything for you.
    01-07-15 11:05 PM
    I just visited the AT&T store, they were about to close and they still had people waiting, but they still gave me a quick response. To return tomorrow or call the insurance directly but since they do not carry the passport yet and because I have only 2 months with the account that either the deductible was going to be high or they were not going to help me and to return tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    There is another poster here on CB who had his screen separate from the chassis two months after owning his Passport. ShopBlackberry told him, the unit was outside of the 30 day warranty window. In other words, he was on his own.

Good luck with it. Let us know how it turns out.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 11:17 PM
    There is another poster here on CB who had his screen separate from the chassis two months after owning his Passport. ShopBlackberry told him, the unit was outside of the 30 day warranty window. In other words, he was on his own.

Posted via CB10
    They told me the same on a unit I acquired in Oct. and the screen was now splitting from the body. I flipped on them and told them it is unacceptable to demand someone be without a device and I got an advanced RMA. They will do repairs at a cost, though. That may be an option since it is user fault.
    01-07-15 11:30 PM
    Update: I called Assurion, AT&T's insurance provider, of course the Rep did not know what a Blackberry Passport was so I proceeded to give a brief introduction. The rep was helpful and she placed me on hold because she needed to talk to her boss after I told her that apparently only my glass screen was damaged. She returned and asked me what color was my Passport (of course, I think she and her Boss went online and researched the name Blackberry Passport) so I responded Black and I also proceeded to let her know that AT&T just announced the release and she placed me on hold again. Lastly the rep returned to the phone and told me that my claim was going to be processed, gave me a claim number, and told me they were going to get back to me in 24 hrs but not to worry that they were going to help me... Its been a long time since I filed a phone on an Insurance company, formerly a Sprint customer, what can I expect from them? Now, if they do not have inventory, how are they planning to fix my phone? Are they buying 1? replacing mine? ....
    01-08-15 06:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    What phone only warranty for 30 days???

Z 30
    01-08-15 06:24 PM
    What phone only warranty for 30 days???
    In many cases, products have a two-tier warranty when purchased from a retailer: if the product fails (not including user-caused damage) within 30 days, the retailer will take care of it directly, usually by exchanging the device. After 30 days, you have to deal with the manufacturer directly for the remainder of the warranty (1 year, in this case), or for user-caused issues.
    01-08-15 06:38 PM
    In many cases, products have a two-tier warranty when purchased from a retailer: if the product fails (not including user-caused damage) within 30 days, the retailer will take care of it directly, usually by exchanging the device. After 30 days, you have to deal with the manufacturer directly for the remainder of the warranty (1 year, in this case), or for user-caused issues.
    That is different from BlackBerrys policy.

BlackBerry is you can only do Advanced RMA within the 30 days, however, you have a one year limited warranty in which they will fix your device or replace it, but you must send it in and do Not get a device. You are without your phone while it is repaired. Hence my frustration with them for an advanced rma.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 07:15 PM
    Don, so I can take out he chip send it to them and use my Q10 while they fix it? Will my broken screen apply for an advanced RMA?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 07:20 PM
    Don, so I can take out he chip send it to them and use my Q10 while they fix it? Will my broken screen apply for an advanced RMA?

Posted via CB10
    Keep us posted on this, I'll be very (happily) surprised for you if they cover it.
    01-08-15 07:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Only if the defect is their fault (hardware defect) will they cover it. I'm sure you could send it to them to get an oem repair for a fee since it was user-caused, however.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 07:59 PM
    Update: I called Assurion, AT&T's insurance provider, of course the Rep did not know what a Blackberry Passport was so I proceeded to give a brief introduction. The rep was helpful and she placed me on hold because she needed to talk to her boss after I told her that apparently only my glass screen was damaged. She returned and asked me what color was my Passport (of course, I think she and her Boss went online and researched the name Blackberry Passport) so I responded Black and I also proceeded to let her know that AT&T just announced the release and she placed me on hold again. Lastly the rep returned to the phone and told me that my claim was going to be processed, gave me a claim number, and told me they were going to get back to me in 24 hrs but not to worry that they were going to help me... Its been a long time since I filed a phone on an Insurance company, formerly a Sprint customer, what can I expect from them? Now, if they do not have inventory, how are they planning to fix my phone? Are they buying 1? replacing mine? ....
    Inventory has nothing to do with it as the AT&T Passport is different then the original Passport. This will be interesting to hear.
    01-08-15 08:14 PM
    Any update on this?
    01-09-15 05:25 PM
    LOL!!!

(good one)
    01-09-15 05:27 PM
    No update yet, I called Assurion and they told me to fill out a form so that the adjuster may analyze and approve... I am very frustrated I researched a little and no spare parts or trying to get it fixed is practically impossible . I also visited a local phone repair shop yesterday just to see what they said and we'll they were amazed by the phone but told me they could not fix it. I will update you guys as soon as I hear back from Assurion!

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 06:32 PM
43 12