I need help getting this on my phone. I was very successful downloading SNAP,but have hit a road block in getting this on my device.

I purchased some new smart home software and it will not work unless I access this app.

Please advise.

Thanks.

C

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 02:40 PM
    Try looking here... it isn't an easy or long term solution, but many have gotten it to work.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...oading-985344/
    01-06-15 02:48 PM
    Currently, you cannot get Google Play Services on BlackBerry.
    01-06-15 03:01 PM
    That is very unfortunate. This could be the tipping edge for me to venture on the other side of her mobile universe.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 07:20 PM
    That is very unfortunate. This could be the tipping edge for me to venture on the other side of her mobile universe.

Posted via CB10
    Ya I heard that one before! Come on buddy, your going to drop BlackBerry and everything else the Z30 can do because you can't get an app that need Google Play services to work?! Then I say this to you.........

1) You should have did your research before purchasing a BlackBerry 10 devices, so you understood the advantages and disadvantages. Then you wouldn't be so surprised.

2) Who leaves an entire platform for one app?! What exactly do you value out of a smartphone? Excellent communications or ecosystems?

3) If you're really hard up, find a work around. Do some research, see if you can patch the app so that Google Play Services aren't required. Find a 3rd party alternative.......don't jump ship!

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    01-06-15 07:39 PM
    I'm not leaving BlackBerry....i really want to control my smart home with my phone. there is no 3rd party patches for Google play services.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 09:08 PM
    A bit of an aside (and one that's likely been addressed elsewhere in the forums), aren't you folks concerned about the security, or rather lack of with Google and Amazon?
    I came to BB from Android mainly for security (plus the Z30 is a great device!). I just installed the Amazon App Store and a couple of my previous apps. I noticed ALL the permissions were turned on - and grayed out! With BB World, I could manipulate permissions so that the apps run with minimal permissions. What's the point of a secure device if I'm breaching it this way? Got to do more research.
    Also, I haven't found a way to re-download and install my paid apps. E.g., I could get the free version of Dictionary.com, but I bought the upgrade. Still learning...

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 10:43 PM
    Scalemaster34 posted a solution - Cobalt's method for installing Playstore, what's wrong with it?

Just 5 .apks and you have the Playstore and the updates for apps arrive in Hub - I prefer it over Snap as it looks Androidy (yes, Androidy) and you can purchase/refund apps.

Please help me install Google Play Services on my Z30-img_20150107_102937.png

 Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.1154 
    01-06-15 11:30 PM
    Anyone know how I can get Google Voice to work? Gvdial is a good alternative but was wondering if there was a work around to get Google Voice to work on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 12:19 AM
    Scalemaster34 posted a solution - Cobalt's method for installing Playstore, what's wrong with it?

Just 5 .apks and you have the Playstore and the updates for apps arrive in Hub - I prefer it over Snap as it looks Androidy (yes, Androidy) and you can purchase/refund apps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150107_102937.png 
Views:	1144 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	325812

 Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.1154 
    I'd like to add, that people still seem to mix up Google Play Store with Google Play Services.

Google Play Store ist the official Google front end app to access apps. It has nothing in common with Google Play services and works very reliable.

Google Play Services is the thing everyone is having problems with. But these problems are not related to the store. They are related to the missing framework. A patched version of the framework is available on the forums (links are in my signature).
    Umaima_B_Dia and nuangel2 like this.
    01-08-15 10:31 AM
    How about getting a small android tablet? Personally, if I wanted to make use of apps at home, work or wherever, I'd just get an ipad or android tablet. You may have to carry around another electronic device if you need it to bring it with you but I would definitely be doing that before leaving BlackBerry. Just my $0.02.

Posted via CB10
    texn884 likes this.
    01-08-15 03:08 PM
    I'd like to add, that people still seem to mix up Google Play Store with Google Play Services.

Google Play Store ist the official Google front end app to access apps. It has nothing in common with Google Play services and works very reliable.

Google Play Services is the thing everyone is having problems with. But these problems are not related to the store. They are related to the missing framework. A patched version of the framework is available on the forums (links are in my signature).
    Does patching clash of clans using your patcher allows me to connect and save my data on google+?
    01-09-15 08:40 AM
    Does patching clash of clans using your patcher allows me to connect and save my data on google+?
    No. There is still no way around Google+, for now.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    Rafael Angeles likes this.
    01-09-15 08:59 AM