I was wondering if any Bold owners with/had the invisibleshiled screen protector actually took it off their phone after the shield has completely "set" onto the screen. I read user reviews on a website that if you have it on, then it must stay on because there were cases where people have ripped out their phone parts while removing the shield because the shield is so stuck to the device.

I installed mine a week ago and obviously it has officially set onto my screen. I have a few imperfections that will not go away and I was planning to take the shield off and order another one to install. Is it dangerous for me to take off the shield because I don't want to rip the screen out.
    11-21-08 04:07 AM
    I was wondering if any Bold owners with/had the invisibleshiled screen protector actually took it off their phone after the shield has completely "set" onto the screen. I read user reviews on a website that if you have it on, then it must stay on because there were cases where people have ripped out their phone parts while removing the shield because the shield is so stuck to the device.

I installed mine a week ago and obviously it has officially set onto my screen. I have a few imperfections that will not go away and I was planning to take the shield off and order another one to install. Is it dangerous for me to take off the shield because I don't want to rip the screen out.
    it's not dangerous. I actually replaced my prior screen protector because it didnt sit right. Once you get off one side..it'll come off. the screen is actually pretty strong
    11-21-08 04:22 AM
    I'm re-doing mine this weekend. I can't see it destroying the screen. My guess would be the person that did the work did more damage than the invisibleshield itself.
    11-21-08 08:09 AM
    I've had no trouble. Once you get it started, just peel it off very slowly.
    11-21-08 08:11 AM
    I bet that if you can get an edge up then spray or rub on some of the spray that came with the invisibleshield it'd come off pretty easily.
    11-21-08 10:27 AM
    If you try to "rip" it off then yeah, you might do some damage. If you have patience and pull slowly but firmly you'll be fine.
    11-21-08 10:38 AM
    Has anyone taken out the Invisible shield full cover? I'm afraid it can damage the backplate and taht would be seriously a waste....If anyone has please let me know, I have it on but eventually I'll want it off.
    12-17-08 09:35 AM
    Has anyone taken out the Invisible shield full cover? I'm afraid it can damage the backplate and taht would be seriously a waste....If anyone has please let me know, I have it on but eventually I'll want it off.
    it didnt hurt mine. the front parts of the shield are great, but i also have an innocase and i had to take the sides and back off to make it fit, it does...make it moist after you get a corner up and it will be alright probably.
    12-17-08 10:15 AM
    Is an invisableSHIELD worth the $25.00?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 01:25 PM
    The Best Skin Ever came off my Curve and Bold with nothing left behind.
    12-17-08 01:27 PM
    Is an invisableSHIELD worth the $25.00?

in my opinion no. the front parts for the device are great, however once you see it on the protection on you will notice that it affords little more protection other than from scratches. i didnt pay the full price..i got the one day sale they did for 15.00. and at 15.00 its worth it. but if you drop it, the phone COULD break...but at least there wont be any scratches!

also, they arent messing around about the "you cant scratch it" claim...you will have to probably use a util knife to get through to the device

edit: i would be happy with just a front protection kit from them for 15.00....cause as a screen protector, it kicks the crap out of the hard seidio one...
    12-17-08 01:28 PM
    in my opinion no. the front parts for the device are great, however once you see it on the protection on you will notice that it affords little more protection other than from scratches. i didnt pay the full price..i got the one day sale they did for 15.00. and at 15.00 its worth it. but if you drop it, the phone COULD break...but at least there wont be any scratches!

also, they arent messing around about the "you cant scratch it" claim...you will have to probably use a util knife to get through to the device

edit: i would be happy with just a front protection kit from them for 15.00....cause as a screen protector, it kicks the crap out of the hard seidio one...
    I was considering just getting the front part for a screen protector.

12-17-08 01:36 PM
    I was considering just getting the front part for a screen protector.

best screen protector i have ever seen.

also to note...i have the full kit and the packaging is so well thought out and useful. it is on the same level as apples packaging i think, its a nice fold out box with sized slots for the spray and squeegee and stuff.
    12-17-08 01:42 PM
    Does someone have a link? I might want to check this shield out.

12-17-08 01:44 PM
    i've taken it off of a curve after 6 months of use. it comes off very easily, just don't rip, pull it off carefully, while pushing down on the screen/phone etc.
    12-17-08 01:44 PM
    Took mine off with no problems. Very little residue to clean up. Just lift up a corner and peel away slowly.
    12-17-08 01:49 PM
    01-04-09 11:50 AM
    zagg shows a full kit that includes a shield for the back? how is that going to work.

bestskinsever is the way to go...i have used their "skin" on countless blackberries, iphones, curves, etc. check out their price compared to zagg - zagg might give you an "install" kit, but i'm pretty sure everyone has access to dishwashing liquid, water and a credit card....so there's no need to spend almost double the $$ for the same "skin". just my $.02
    01-04-09 01:41 PM
    I've taken mine off of my bold once I sent it in for a warranty exchange...
    It came off cleanly =)
    01-04-09 08:40 PM
    No it isnt! I prefer BSE for way less.
    01-04-09 09:34 PM
    I have the Invisible Shield and I think its a total rip off only cuz it includes a back part which you cant use since the backing is leather. I've had it on for about a month & half now and the ones that go over the 4 buttons are starting to peel off.

If i had to do it all over again I would go with the BSE.
    01-04-09 11:39 PM
    You can also use some of the solution to loosen it up if you feel it is on to tight.
    01-05-09 01:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD