12-30-14 09:13 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Hope you enjoy your time here.

Interesting link, instead of just posting it, how about telling us what you think about it? Add some thoughts, it adds to the conversation.
    pandabear444 likes this.
    12-30-14 09:22 PM
    Blackberry - "an ancient technology" as per cnn
    12-30-14 10:16 PM
    Hmm... Ancient technology they must mean trusty BB 850 from 89 ....which still powers up.... hope they meant Ancient because the phones are old... nahh... knowing CNN they mean the Passport....
    12-30-14 10:27 PM
    Don't waste your time with the link.
    Typical American media garbage.

Posted via CB10
    neteng1000, Al1n, menshawy and 3 others like this.
    12-30-14 11:08 PM
    So, Sony, in a time where security was important, went back to using BlackBerry phones, and somehow they manage to try to twist it to sound like a bad thing. Typical...
    12-30-14 11:11 PM
    Oh wow

Quote: "The cyberattack on Sony was so bad, employees there were forced to resort to an ancient technology -- the BlackBerry."

They called BlackBerry an ancient technology. I'm surprised there are still lots of people watching CNN news.

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai, moody and menshawy like this.
    12-30-14 11:13 PM
    Hmm... Ancient technology they must mean trusty BB 850 from 89 ....which still powers up.... hope they meant Ancient because the phones are old... nahh... knowing CNN they mean the Passport....
    They just meant anything that connected to their (probably) old BES 5 servers.

Posted via CB10
    howarmat and sentimentGX4 like this.
    12-30-14 11:19 PM
    they are allowed to talk crap....thats their job...oh wait
    12-30-14 11:21 PM
    So Sony got a big kick in the button using their Android kiddie phone and some sort of cheese ball MDM solution. Who wants to bet it's Good technology or Mobile iron. Please make it so.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 11:39 PM
    I think it would be fair to assume they use AirWatch MDM. But since it wasn't a mobile issue, I'm not sure it is pertinent.

EDIT: I thought Sony had a stake in AirWatch. I might be wrong. Will investigate further.
    jmr1015 and sentimentGX4 like this.
    12-31-14 06:46 AM
    Battlestar Galactika had no networked computers and only wired phones, just saying.

Posted via CB10
    zephyr613, limabo and Bluenoser63 like this.
    12-31-14 08:34 AM
    I think it would be fair to assume they use AirWatch MDM. But since it wasn't a mobile issue, I'm not sure it is pertinent.

EDIT: I thought Sony had a stake in AirWatch. I might be wrong. Will investigate further.
    No, it was in part a mobile issue. A massive number of emails were stolen. These are now being publicly released and with attached documents. Mobile communications have basically ceased at Sony and will likely remain so for weeks to months. The loss of the emails was considered so damaging that the head of Sony has order employees not to read them. He fears that there released will impair the ability of people to work cohesively together. This was a mobile disaster.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    12-31-14 09:15 AM
    Ancient tech that still works. Lol These days, IT dept can't even configure COTS solutions properly. That's ok, BES12/BB10/QNX is built for the past, present and future.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 09:21 AM
    No, it was in part a mobile issue. A massive number of emails were stolen. These are now being publicly released and with attached documents. Mobile communications have basically ceased at Sony and will likely remain so for weeks to months. The loss of the emails was considered so damaging that the head of Sony has order employees not to read them. He fears that there released will impair the ability of people to work cohesively together. This was a mobile disaster.

Posted via CB10
    The breach was not in mobility. It is being considered an inside job. How is that the fault of the MDM provider?
    12-31-14 09:34 AM
    Haha good stuff here.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 09:36 AM
    The breach was not in mobility. It is being considered an inside job. How is that the fault of the MDM provider?
    I don't know the specifics but it seems that even Sony was concerned about mobile with this hack. Issuing BlackBerry devices - old or not - speaks to a concern about mobility and device management.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and dusdal like this.
    12-31-14 09:46 AM
    Shame on the IT Managers and CIO of Sony. PSN outrage, scandalous breaches of personal information. Interview was forced to go straight to steaming. Sony playstation fans were unable to connect during the holidays. What a downward spiral for Sony.

IT departments need to grow a pair. YOU tell the employees what hardware/software they can use - not the other way around. You tell them what devices they can bring in. Ever since this BYOD phenomenon, IT departments lost their power. What good is antvirus, IPS systems, firewalls, if an employee decides to plug in a personal laptop with a pirated Windows copy from Russia.

Jail broken iphones, Android phones that can't update and are constantly collecting private and personal information. Such crap.
    12-31-14 09:57 AM
    BlackBerry is an "ancient technology"? It's, um, a phone that is apparently more secure since they decided to use it.

I love how people use this phrase without any idea what technology they are are talking about or how it's "ancient".
    12-31-14 10:06 AM
    12-31-14 10:21 AM
    Ha ha ha ha..... hey CNN, better dust off those ancient BlackBerry's, because s#$* might get real for you.

Karma?

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-31-14 10:30 AM
    12-31-14 10:32 AM
    Even Engadget.com mentioned that Sony had to go back to their old BlackBerry devices.

All the past happenings should be a boost for BES12....but knowing th PR division of BlackBerry they will make nothing of it ;-)

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    12-31-14 10:54 AM
    Perhaps BlackBerry should build on this in a marketing campaign " After being hacked and almost shut down Sony was forced into using some of are ancient BlackBerry phones to keep their company running. If they thought our old phones were good then they should try out new phones, they're both secure and cutting edge. "

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 10:58 AM
    They also had to go back to using their fax machines but that doesn't mean they are going to go back to all fax communications in the future. Nor would it be a great way to market fax machines.
    mornhavon likes this.
    12-31-14 10:58 AM
98 123 ...