I created a small tool a little while ago to allow me to remove unwanted bars from a folder or blitz file prior to installing them with Sachesi; specifically, language files, tutorials, retail demo files, etc.

Leak Shrink - for shrinking Blitz files/bar folders prior to updating-screen.png

It's just a bat file compiled into an executable. Using it is very simple.

Instructions:
    Just place the executable in the same folder as either your .bars or your blitz file, and shrink away.

Edit: this was not clear in the original post, so let me make it clear: all this tool does is remove bars from a blitz file or a folder on your PC which do not need to be installed to your BlackBerry. However, it does not remove any apps that are already installed on your BlackBerry. Before this tool will be of any practical use, you must use Sachesi or another tool to remove unwanted languages, retail demo files, wallpapers, etc.

There are three versions of this tool:

1. LeakShrink
    This is what I consider the "full" version. It guides you through all of the different options of what you will shrink. It is easier to use in a folder full of .bars, but will unzip a Blitz file, remove the files you don't want, and generate a new Blitz for you as well (if that's what you tell it to do).
    Download exe from Mega
    Download bat (source) from Mega

2. QuickShrink
    This is only for blitz files. It assumes that it is in the same folder as the blitz file. It removes languages (except USA English), uri's (shortcuts), BlackBerry Virtual Assistant, retail demo files, wallpapers, and tutorials from the Blitz, and then creates a new Blitz file for you with the above files removed.
    Download exe from Mega

3. QuickShrink Z10 version
    This is the same as 2 above, but it also removes Miracast for Z10 users.
    Download exe from Mega

Hope some people find it useful.

NOTE: This will NOT remove bars from your device, you will need Sachesi for that.

Note re "virus" - this is a false positive, I'm not sure why some antivirus are saying it's a virus. I suspect this is because it is a .bat file compiled using a bat to exe program. The source code is released above. There is no virus. I do not attempt to obtain, or want, your personal date.

Note2: There are likely bugs, errors, etc. Feel free to comment on it and compile it yourself if you want to improve on it. It was compiled with F2KO Software | Bat To Exe Converter and includes the 7zip command line binary from 7-Zip - Browse /7-Zip at SourceForge.net.

Note3: Be careful. By using this, you excuse me from any responsibility for any problems you have. Leak Shrink may cause loss of data, hardware failure, computer implosion, food poisoning, harm to kittens, and death. It is manufactured from materials known in the State of California to cause cancer. Etc etc.

Note4: For what it's worth, this is released under a CC BY license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which is the least restrictive license I know of. Basically, do whatever you want with this (please, seriously, make it better - see note2 above).
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 12-31-14 at 12:10 PM.
    Sarek1701, gfondeur, Uzi and 31 others like this.
    12-30-14 06:46 PM
    Nice, I'll try that the next time I have a Blitz to use it on.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    12-30-14 06:53 PM
    One question, does it remove the files to another folder or just delete them?
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    12-30-14 06:57 PM
    One question, does it remove the files to another folder or just delete them?
    It moves them to another folder, but QuickShrink deletes the folder when it's done.
    middbrew likes this.
    12-30-14 06:59 PM
    Could you please add some descriptions to the questions about the removal of bar files? I can't imagine what "Zone Info"or "Youtube Sharing" for example is and I would like to know it when shrinking. Guess there are some other people out there who could use some additional information.

Besides that: Thanks for the awesome work SCrid2000.
    Uzi and SCrid2000 like this.
    12-30-14 08:43 PM
    Could you please add some descriptions to the questions about the removal of bar files? I can't imagine what "Zone Info"or "Youtube Sharing" for example is and I would like to know it when shrinking. Guess there are some other people out there who could use some additional information.

Besides that: Thanks for the awesome work SCrid2000.
    Most of the names are fairly self explanatory, but it looks like someone made a list already: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-ti...d-flab-977846/ edit: although the app descriptions are correct, the claims made on regards to what is/is not delete-able in that thread is incorrect.
    anon(1464249) and brookie229 like this.
    12-30-14 09:01 PM
    Very nice. Looks like a handy little tool, thanks.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    12-30-14 10:12 PM
    Thanks--gonna try this on next Blitz.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    12-30-14 10:43 PM
    Thank you. This will save a lot of time.

Posted via CB10
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    12-30-14 11:09 PM
    Great job! I did shrink my new os (10.3.1.1949) to 1.7GB...so if you get that result or close to it kudos. I deleted by hand using Chrome Browser On a Z10...Language, Nuance and Vocon something or other along with Retailmode and RetailDemo...This tool/app sounds nice...I may give it a whirl in the near future myself...

Happy New Year To all...

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10/10.3.1.1949
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    12-30-14 11:50 PM
    Thank you. Will try this out.

Happy New Year!
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    12-31-14 09:32 AM
    Well done, Shane!
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    12-31-14 09:57 AM
    DBBT has had this feature for about a month now. Good to have options. Thank you.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    12-31-14 12:54 PM
    DBBT has had this feature for about a month now. Good to have options. Thank you.
    I hadn't noticed that feature, so I checked it out. I found the option to use an ignore list, but you do have to manually add the files you want to have ignored. While that is definitely a better approach for power users who can make their own list, and is more futureproof because it uses strings from the manifest rather than bar names, Leak Shrink is considerably simpler to use
    mainely_linux likes this.
    12-31-14 01:13 PM
    Thanks for this tool(s)

Now if you could only create some bat(ch) file to remove the bloat already loaded. Say feeding "negative" bar files into Sachesi (like noise cancelling!!!)

NOT using your tool, I attempted to use Chrome and PB app manager to remove the extraneous (for me) language files. I obviously nicked some file (bar) I should not have and the phone would not respond appropriately. I had to re-blitz after my mess up!!!
    12-31-14 10:31 PM
    Thanks for this tool(s)

Now if you could only create some bat(ch) file to remove the bloat already loaded. Say feeding "negative" bar files into Sachesi (like noise cancelling!!!)

NOT using your tool, I attempted to use Chrome and PB app manager to remove the extraneous (for me) language files. I obviously nicked some file (bar) I should not have and the phone would not respond appropriately. I had to re-blitz after my mess up!!!
    DBBT (Darcy's tool) already does that

What OS I'm on is my business, get off my NUTS! Ex-BerryLeaks member (best group ever) '
    mainely_linux likes this.
    12-31-14 10:42 PM
    DBBT (Darcy's tool) already does that
    Yes, that is mentioned in the first post and in the tool itself.
    12-31-14 10:48 PM
    Yes, that is mentioned in the first post and in the tool itself.
    Well, the poster asked, so I just pointed it out to him. As we all know how well people read

What OS I'm on is my business, get off my NUTS! Ex-BerryLeaks member (best group ever) '
    12-31-14 11:00 PM
    Nice job!
    01-01-15 10:26 AM
    Thanks Shane for this useful tool.
    Might try it on my next blitz folder.
    01-01-15 11:42 AM
    This seems awesome can't wait to give it a try

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-06-15 03:00 AM
    This seems awesome can't wait to give it a try

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    I know right, we just need a leak with a coreOS bar so we can use it.
    01-17-15 08:58 AM
    I thought I'd share this. Thanks to OP's work, I've tweaked the leakshrink file for #3 removal of language files to remove it based on other search criterias and removes some of the Rogers app from 2072 leak.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8q0w7lra8...hrink.bat?dl=0

Remember when blitzing, drag all the files you want, not the ones in the shrunk folder
    01-29-15 02:37 AM
    big deal here. i accidentally ran QuickShrink(exe) on my desktop and everything is lost. where would my files go? are the lost forever or just moved to somewhere else.. please help. urgent.
    01-29-15 04:22 AM
    I thought I'd share this. Thanks to OP's work, I've tweaked the leakshrink file for #3 removal of language files to remove it based on other search criterias and removes some of the Rogers app from 2072 leak.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8q0w7lra8...hrink.bat?dl=0

Remember when blitzing, drag all the files you want, not the ones in the shrunk folder
    Chrome is giving me a false positive for maliciousness. Maybe zip the file.
    Edit: it appears I should do the same.

big deal here. i accidentally ran QuickShrink(exe) on my desktop and everything is lost. where would my files go? are the lost forever or just moved to somewhere else.. please help. urgent.
    That absolutely should not have happened. There is nothing at all on your desktop?
    Try checking the recycle bin and doing a reboot. If neither of those help, there's nothing I can think of that would restore what you have on your desktop.
    01-29-15 06:37 AM
31 12