Hi
    Does anyone have the apk? It won't sync to my wife's iPhone 4 or my android tablets. Apparently it news a Droid screen smaller than 6", so my z10 on 10.3 should do or my stock z30. I just can't seem to find a link that doesn't send me back to Google play
    Thx

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 10:13 PM
    I used snap to download and install basis on my q10. The app installed and starts ok, but I can't get it to pair with the watch. Has anyone else managed to successfully connect a basis peak and pair with their bb phone?

Right now I'm able to see my basis data on my bb q10, but I need to use my iPad to connect to the watch, which is a pain.
    12-27-14 09:39 PM
    I used snap to download and install basis on my q10. The app installed and starts ok, but I can't get it to pair with the watch. Has anyone else managed to successfully connect a basis peak and pair with their bb phone?

Right now I'm able to see my basis data on my bb q10, but I need to use my iPad to connect to the watch, which is a pain.
    Are you on 10.2 or 10.3? I was trying to figure out which Heart rate tracker to get. I have an iPhone 4s so I guess I could sync the same as you but I would rather it just work lol

Aside from it not syncing how do you like it, I've been debating between basis peak, Mio fuse, and new fitbit charge HR

*Z30 STA100-5 10.2.1.2977/3247*
    02-11-15 07:20 PM
    I was unable to find Basis Peak in Snap, I was coming across the other Basis app which is for their previous watch. Right now I am using an old iphone 4s I got off somebody for the purposes of syncing, but it would be nice to sync it to my blackberry. I did manage to download the APK using the chrome plugin, and then I loaded it onto my device but it would not install (on classic with 10.3.1), this is likely because it requires Android 4.4.2 or greater, which we do not have right now?
    Attachment 339170
    03-05-15 08:05 PM
    I was unable to find Basis Peak in Snap, I was coming across the other Basis app which is for their previous watch. Right now I am using an old iphone 4s I got off somebody for the purposes of syncing, but it would be nice to sync it to my blackberry. I did manage to download the APK using the chrome plugin, and then I loaded it onto my device but it would not install (on classic with 10.3.1), this is likely because it requires Android 4.4.2 or greater, which we do not have right now?
    Attachment 339170
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sis.peak&hl=en

This is the app here, and ya it says it's not compatible with my Z30 on 10.3.1 so I may have to use my old 4s too for now..

I may have to email them back to see why they only support 4.4 and up.. because they do have pretty good customer support I found..

How long have you had yours. How would you rate the accuracy of heart rate, would it be suitable for lifting weights and just watching how different activities affect my heart rate (trying to quit smoking and thinking monitoring heart rate is my motivation since I just rejoined a gym)? . I've read good and bad in different reviews

03-06-15 10:09 PM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sis.peak&hl=en

This is the app here, and ya it says it's not compatible with my Z30 on 10.3.1 so I may have to use my old 4s too for now..

I may have to email them back to see why they only support 4.4 and up.. because they do have pretty good customer support I found..

How long have you had yours. How would you rate the accuracy of heart rate, would it be suitable for lifting weights and just watching how different activities affect my heart rate (trying to quit smoking and thinking monitoring heart rate is my motivation since I just rejoined a gym)? . I've read good and bad in different reviews

I would say the heart rate is very accurate on the basis peak if you are wearing the watch correctly (tight enough that it does not move, and not too close to your wrist/bone), as compared against the readings from a pulse oximeter. I have had it since January and wear it every day, including during ice hockey. If it is moved around enough against your skin it will stop reading the rate for 5-10 seconds and then reappear, this only matters if you are trying to look at very specific point in time on the watch face, when you look back at the charts later it does a good job when you are looking at several minute intervals not seconds. I mean hey it is a watch, these optical/ppg hr watches are only going to be so accurate when you are moving around, if that is not good enough and your interest is more related to physical activities, I think an ECG based chest strap would serve you better, and if you have one with standard BTLE attributes/etc, you should be able to use many other apps that will work on your phone.

I also have a TomTom Multisport Cardio, and it generally reads the same readings, however the tomtom is not suitable for daily use for me, does not count steps or sleep... but I wore it during hockey a few times and you can have it help you stay within a target rate for your heart, i.e. it will tell you if you are working out too hard or not hard enough. The Basis is mostly only good for collecting info and looking at it later. I will be interested to see how it tracks cycling this summer. The TomTom has GPS which will be interesting.

I had contacted support and they were not too helpful when I mentioned I was trying to use this on an unsupported device. I think we will be out of luck until our blackberrys can deal with android 4.4 apps.

overall I like the approach of forming good habits that basis takes. what I hope to accomplish from my use of the watch is to get into a more healthy sleep routine, and move around more during the day i.e. dont sit at the computer for hours on end without getting up.
    03-06-15 11:53 PM
    Oh yah I forgot about the sleep feature. I want that too. I don't care bout the GPS myself. I'm just wondering how much this markets gonna take off in terms of watch styles to look like real watches and not cheap looking things. With all the android wear etc

03-07-15 01:23 AM