Hi.
    I've been seeing cheap new playbooks in ebay and I'm tempted to get one.
    I've had an ipad and android tablets, all sold. I used them mainly for web, ebooks, document editing, email.
    Any sense in getting a playbook these days?

BB all day BB all night
    12-25-14 08:49 AM
    No, definitely move on to another device. A much as I love mine, a nexus 7 or even a 1st gen ipad mini is a much better option in 2015
    12-25-14 08:55 AM
    Doesn't really make sense, you can get more functional Android tablets for the same price.
    12-25-14 08:59 AM
    Yes. Get a PlayBook. As long as you understand and accept it's shortcomings, then you'll be happy. It's still a great tablet to mess around with.

Powered by Z10
    12-25-14 09:34 AM
    The security of the PlayBook is second to none. I still use mine for reading the news. The biggest disappointment is the frustrating experience of having to search for anything. It can take a minute to fill in a phrase and then click search.

I would look for an used older Ipad. I find the Androids a pain in the ***.

This Christmas I have replaced two of my PlayBooks with two "i" devices and a third with a new BlackBerry z30.

The PlayBook is old technology that needs an update to be relevant. The sound is still awesome compared to new devices. The screen is as sharp. If it did not take so dam long to type in searches I would still be using all my PlayBooks.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 03:16 PM
    Browsing is slow. The rest functions mentioned are fine, in my opinion. Except there are not so many apps for ebooks reading and doc editing.
    Email integration in PB is the best for me.
    And if you use it as a media player - it's still very competitive. Sound is superb. HDMI out...
    12-25-14 03:59 PM
    I just picked up a new in the box lte version to add to my 3 year old playbook. Even though I won't use it off wifi the faster processor makes a big difference. I have multiple ipads and a nexus 7 (2013) running lollipop on the desk beside me. I keep coming back to the playbook after years of trying to find something better. For me, this is still the best experience...work email and my personal goodies secure and reliable. Enough software for what I use and depend on. I play with the other tablets..I use the heck out of my playbooks.
    12-25-14 10:24 PM
    My first tablet was a Playbook 64GB. Since then i've bought a Dell Venue Pro 8 (which i like) and earlier this year i won an IPad Air at work. The IPad has a really nice display and is great for web surfing. The Dell is smaller and a lot lighter. I bought it as a cheap tablet for writing in OneNote. One thing I will say about the Playbook is that it is still the best physically designed tablet imo. I love the way the thing feels in the hand and it's pretty sturdy. Mine still works and I pull it out every once in a while to see if there are any updates.

It's funny that out of all the new Android and IPad tablets, none of them can multitask like this old Playbook. They'll get it right one day.
    Last edited by six6xis; 12-25-14 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Multitasking!
    12-25-14 10:30 PM
    It will be a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8"....I still use my playbook daily at work for youtube and news but the lack of apps and support is killing it....for some it's already dead..
    12-27-14 10:21 PM
    I love my PlayBook and will use it as long as it works, it still out performs other tablets, I wish BlackBerry PlayBook was more compatible with my z10 so the apps would sync and work together, come on BlackBerry either fix the old one or build a new one

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 11:09 PM
    Playbook is best device ever, for the money you pay for it. I use mine for simple tasks such as calendar entries, editing spreadsheets and email. Its fast and convenient. Browsing the net can be frustrating tough

Posted via CB10
    TOphotog likes this.
    12-28-14 02:51 AM
    Thank you everyone.
    Really appreciate your inputs.
    I love this community.
    Happy holidays!

BB all day BB all night
    cdnynot likes this.
    12-28-14 08:38 AM
    I love my BlackBerry PlayBook too.
    Since then I purchased a Nexus 7 device which runs Lollipop... and is a great machine.

But my BlackBerry PlayBook is still better at multitasking.
    Find any other tablet that can video chat, update calendar, then complete Word document, add a contract in app and come back to finish off video chat.

Love my PlayBook

Post via my BlackBerry Z10!
    Last edited by cdnynot; 12-30-14 at 10:30 AM.
    12-30-14 03:33 AM
    As much as I loved my PBs (got 2 of them), I have to admit I'm not using them anymore, since I went to Berlin and couldn't use the wifi at the hotel (when everybody else with Ipads/Android/laptops didn't have any problem). I got very frustraded then.
    I bought a LG Gpad 7.0 and fell in love with this tablet. Tons of apps I could install, a fast browser, a great battery that gives me hours of autonomy, for only €130... Compared to that tablet, my PBs cannot compete. Except for the videos and the music, but that's all. And that's all I'm using them for. Less and less though
    so the answer to the OP's question would be: No.
    12-30-14 10:56 AM