Received my Classic 2 days ago, so I need to give it 1-2 weeks before I can really evaluate it. For now my opinion is the 9900 with OS7 is still better for texting and email. The hub on BB10 and the overall setup sucks. I'm sure in time BB10 will be what OS7 is.

I have the Classic as my phone, but use the 9900 when I have a lot of emails or when I'm in bed. The size of the Classic is top heavy so it is harder for me to use it laying in bed. The 9900 works great on WIFI and when you have multiple Twitter account I'm able to access them on the 9900, where the Classic limits you only to one account.

So, don't throw your phone away if you upgrade.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-24-14 01:22 AM
    I would say first give the phone a good chance and time. Initially it's absolutely normal to like OS7 better because u r so accustomed to it. Your hands are set at it. Set your hands on the classic and then we shall talk

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    Mr4aces and Murundum like this.
    12-24-14 01:46 AM
    I would say first give the phone a good chance and time. Initially it's absolutely normal to like OS7 better because u r so accustomed to it. Your hands are set at it. Set your hands on the classic and then we shall talk

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    I will definitely give a good try. It is what it is. I have no choice.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 02:01 AM

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    True! People do things in haste

A Happy Passport User....
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-24-14 02:06 AM
    This is also my second day with the Classic. I know in 2 days that this is 100% the best BlackBerry I have ever had!

Speed, size, screen, tool belt, keyboard, and battery life are just a few of the main things that make me love this phone. I'm still learning how to use gestures and shortcuts but it's actually really fun....

I still have the Q10 and 9900 fully charged and close by, but haven't had the urge to use them since getting my Classic.

I was planning on selling all of my other devices that I currently own to fund the purchase of a Passport...but now rethinking that move.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-24-14 02:12 AM
    Who would throw a phone in the garbage anyways?, just bring it to the carrier so they can resell, recycle or refurbish it. That's too wasteful. Only garbage goes in that garbage can.

Just saying.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-25-14 06:11 PM
    Hey Mr4aces, I was wondering how you were doing with the Classic transition. I'm in that same boat you are in with the love of the 9900 and it's great OS. I wasn't going to get the Classic but my wife surprised me with one. I've been using it for several days and it is getting better each day. Out of all the BB10 devices, I think this one is the one that I could finally use as my daily drive. It is not perfect (neither was the 9900), but I finally feel at home with this device thanks to the essential buttons and pad. If they keep bring the best of 7.1 into the updates, it can and will be the best blackberry yet. Hang in there with the Classic as she will grow on you. Please keep us posted as I'm sure you will on how this transition is coming along.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 09:49 PM
    Hey Mr4aces, I was wondering how you were doing with the Classic transition. I'm in that same boat you are in with the love of the 9900 and it's great OS. I wasn't going to get the Classic but my wife surprised me with one. I've been using it for several days and it is getting better each day. Out of all the BB10 devices, I think this one is the one that I could finally use as my daily drive. It is not perfect (neither was the 9900), but I finally feel at home with this device thanks to the essential buttons and pad. If they keep bring the best of 7.1 into the updates, it can and will be the best blackberry yet. Hang in there with the Classic as she will grow on you. Please keep us posted as I'm sure you will on how this transition is coming along.

Posted via CB10
    What a wonder wife. I am slowly adapting to the Classic and liking it more everyday. My biggest problem has been the set up. It seems every time I turn around I'm changing the "setting".

I only started using CB last April, so I'm far from an expert. It took a lot of research to understand why RIM/ML went from the top to the bottom of mobil devices. I like many 9900 users did not switch to the BB10 devices when they first came out because the Q10 did not have a tool belt not because BB10 was crap. It was only after OP started using BB10 we found out it was an inferior product. I personally just shut out OP and was contended with my 9900. As time went by the mobil devices became more than a work horse, so if you ventured beyond emails, texting and surfing the hardware became outdated. I still feel the 9900 is the fastest to type on because of the OS7 hub and the ergonomic kb. It is only today with BB10 OS is close to OS7. Maybe another year it will be there.

That being said, I am slowing working on being efficient on the Classic. It is what it is. I'm liking it more and more. Looks like another month or two before I get the learning curve out of the way. It just takes so much research when you get an error message or your search to do something that was natural on the Bold.

I just hope BlackBerry works on the hub and how the home screen is formatted so I can instantly see new emails, texts,missed calls ...

Just now I tried to hold down the M key to."......" doesn't work on the Classic.

The other small annoying thing is in the middle of the night when you what to use you phone the key board does no light up when it asks for a PW. It takes about 10 seconds.

BB10 will get better so I'm sticking with this phone with the 9900 as back up using WiFi. I wish there was "FreeTalk" for the BlackBerry so I could text.

The best thread for assisting you is Slagman5's Classic FAQ

Good luck on the learning curve. Looks like you had a Merry Christmas.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 12:24 AM
    It's always an adaptation shock when getting new things, especially phones since we use them all the time. Give it a chance and you both will be happy! Throwing old phones away is a bad thing since the very second you dump it, you'll remember you didn't back up something
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-26-14 04:12 AM
    I went a slightly different route - 9900 (primarily) to the Passport. However, I had used the Q10 in the recent past as well.

I have no regrets about jumping to the Passport. I prefer the keyboard to the 9900, I prefer the OS (with a few caveats), and I find the size to be mostly fine for me.

I do sometimes miss the compact size of the 9900, but I know I can either have a large screen or a small phone, and I've settled for the screen. I still miss the trackpad sometimes.

The greater selection of apps, and the excellent hardware make the Passport so much better. Still, I miss something from my 9900 - I can't quite pinpoint exactly what is missing, but I still long to pick up the 9900 sometimes.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-26-14 05:27 PM
    I know what you're saying about the 9900. It is an amazing phone with the perfect size for one-handed operation. I tried for almost 9 months with Q10 using some android apps to try and fill in the void for the great things missing from 7.1. I thought I was over the 9900 till one day, I thought for fun of it, let's fire her up for a day. That was when I realized how much I missed that phone and how all of it was a compromise, except for the browser, camera and battery life. And two of those really didn't matter for me except the browser. So I carried a Note 2 or 3 around and used the 9900 as a Hotspot.
    Nothing has really changed for me with the Classic except for the essential buttons and pad. This definitely helps me deal with this phone better. I'm hoping by 10.5 or above that BB10 will be all of the greatness of 7.1 and of BB10. I just hope they let this phone get those updates without making us by another phone once again.
    Oh, my recommendation for you Classic owners is not to play with the Passport side by side. Because if you do, you will be upset that the classic didn't come with that processor. It just smokes my classic for booting up, browsing and running android apps. If the Passport had the 4 rows of keys, I would have bought that phone in a heartbeat. I'm glad you are comfortable with the keyboard though. I play with my wife's passport often but happy with the Classic, except when I compare speeds differences and enjoying the nice huge screen.
    I still need to carry the 9900 around as there are some things that it does that the Classic can't. And Mr4aces, if you are reading this, I think they made the Classic with the harder to remove Sim card for people like you and I. This way it might discourage us from

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-26-14 06:21 PM
    Whooops. I hit the post by accident. But with the extra trouble/hassle, it would discourage us from firing up the 9900 and give the Classic a chance. I'm surprised they didn't make it a one time seal and deal tray so we would be stuck using it; ha ha.

Anyways, have fun everyone with your new Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-26-14 06:25 PM
    Ha, ha! After I posted in this thread, I decided to switch to the 9900 for the weekend.

Started it up, and was reveling in the really cool interface - email, social feeds, Tapatalk - all working great, and I was really having a dose of nostalgia.

Then I clicked on an RSS article, and the phone froze. That battery pull made me switch back to my Passport.

To be honest, battery pulls were a rare occurrence for me on this phone, but it was just a bad time for it to happen. Oh well! I'll be back.
    AllanQuatermain and Mr4aces like this.
    12-26-14 07:08 PM
    I know what you're saying about the 9900. It is an amazing phone with the perfect size for one-handed operation. I tried for almost 9 months with Q10 using some android apps to try and fill in the void for the great things missing from 7.1. I thought I was over the 9900 till one day, I thought for fun of it, let's fire her up for a day. That was when I realized how much I missed that phone and how all of it was a compromise, except for the browser, camera and battery life. And two of those really didn't matter for me except the browser. So I carried a Note 2 or 3 around and used the 9900 as a Hotspot.
    Nothing has really changed for me with the Classic except for the essential buttons and pad. This definitely helps me deal with this phone better. I'm hoping by 10.5 or above that BB10 will be all of the greatness of 7.1 and of BB10. I just hope they let this phone get those updates without making us by another phone once again.
    Oh, my recommendation for you Classic owners is not to play with the Passport side by side. Because if you do, you will be upset that the classic didn't come with that processor. It just smokes my classic for booting up, browsing and running android apps. If the Passport had the 4 rows of keys, I would have bought that phone in a heartbeat. I'm glad you are comfortable with the keyboard though. I play with my wife's passport often but happy with the Classic, except when I compare speeds differences and enjoying the nice huge screen.
    I still need to carry the 9900 around as there are some things that it does that the Classic can't. And Mr4aces, if you are reading this, I think they made the Classic with the harder to remove Sim card for people like you and I. This way it might discourage us from

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree with your analyst of the 9900 and Classic. I'm liking the Classic more, but it is such a steep learning curve. Still working the bugs out.

"To bad they didn't come up with a 3.5 inch 9900"
    12-26-14 08:12 PM
    Ha, ha! After I posted in this thread, I decided to switch to the 9900 for the weekend.

Started it up, and was reveling in the really cool interface - email, social feeds, Tapatalk - all working great, and I was really having a dose of nostalgia.

Then I clicked on an RSS article, and the phone froze. That battery pull made me switch back to my Passport.

To be honest, battery pulls were a rare occurrence for me on this phone, but it was just a bad time for it to happen. Oh well! I'll be back.
    My 9900 only has 280mb of useable RAM that is why the battery pulls.
    12-26-14 08:15 PM
    Hey Mr4aces, I just wanted to check on you to see how the transition is coming along? We're you a bad boy by put the sim back in the 9900? I was so close to doing that yesterday, but turned my back from the glass counter that was tempting me. If you need any help or suggest for getting your Classic up and running close to the 9900 functionality, let me know and I will try to help. I'll be glad to take some tips from you too. Have a great evening.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-29-14 08:43 PM
    Hey Mr4aces, I just wanted to check on you to see how the transition is coming along? We're you a bad boy by put the sim back in the 9900? I was so close to doing that yesterday, but turned my back from the glass counter that was tempting me. If you need any help or suggest for getting your Classic up and running close to the 9900 functionality, let me know and I will try to help. I'll be glad to take some tips from you too. Have a great evening.

Posted via CB10
    Hello Rick
    I'm actually using the Classic 80-90% of the time. i made a mistake and updated the OS and it wiped the phone clean So it took me a day to set up the phone again. The 9900 is used with WIFI . Trying to figure out if the is a Free Talk for the BB. Found it for Android and iPhone but nothing for BBOS7.

I'm slowly getting the hang of the Classic and liking it more. i still don't understand why BB10 does not do things as well as OS7

I don't regret buying it,
    12-29-14 10:34 PM
    Congratulations on the new Classic!

Z30 on 10.3.1.1949 OS
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-29-14 11:09 PM
    now if they made a 9900 sized bb10 device i'd be happy. classic was nice just a bit too large to be truly comfortable
    01-07-15 11:40 AM
    I totally disagree with you man. You aren't using Classic long time enough to judge whether him is the big move for you or just disappointment in comparison to bold 9900. The hub in blackberry 10 with full shortcut and great functions a 10.3.1 will perfectly suited your demand. The first time I bought blackberry Z10 I can't feel the feeling in love as much as my previous bold 9900. However, I decided to give her more time to evaluate. After 2 month hardly using Z10 as my main device, I feel great and do not want to come back with older blackberry. Hub keep all messages or events, mails in one box, swipe gestures is perfect experience and balckberry peek look like you are working on slides...I think you will have the same thought as mine after you understand what Classic can help you. Come on, give him more time!

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 12:03 AM
    I'm another one who has gone straight from a 9900 to the classic, It is my first day and first impressions are:

I can't believe how big the bloody thing is, I have got big hands but it feels like a beast and is at the limit for one handed use

I don't like having to unlock the screen, and even worse stick a password in but it says IT policy requires password to be set?? Is this something to do with MS Exchange?

Getting used to the hub, I can see the advantages.

I have the soft shell case but there is a lip which hinders the use of the buttons near the edge and makes the phone that little bit bigger and more unwieldy so a pouch may be the way to go for me

It had just about all the apps I use already loaded, and I assume made for BB.

It is day one, but at the moment the bold is the better work phone. A slightly enlarged 9900 with updated browser would have done me
    rayporsche likes this.
    01-12-15 06:34 PM
    The same issue happened to me. I am very technical too and work in the telecom industry as an engineer.

It's clearly a Simple Mobile BIS provisioning issue YET nobody there can seem to figure it out.

BIS is like a phonograph/record player. It may exists but very few know much about it.

I may have to spring for a Classic which does not require BIS.
    08-25-15 02:43 PM
    Ooops, wrong post. Sorry
    08-25-15 02:44 PM