So if I am writing an email, message, or forum post---
    I touch the text, get the cursor placement tool, press the virtual shift key and use the keyboard to side scroll my selection.

Now let's say I am just reading a Web page and wish to copy text out of the Web browser. I seem to have to use the touch screen only. Perhaps there's something I am missing?

Thanks.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-21-14 02:13 PM
    No there isn't and it's not possible. The way the Passport keyboard touch features are implemented is haphazard at best. Fundamental flaw is the inability to bring up the fourth row on-demand. If you could, the issue you describe would go away.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this gets addressed in the official 10.3.1 build. As it is implemented now, the keyboard can't do what it's designed to do.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 03:01 PM
    No there isn't and it's not possible. The way the Passport keyboard touch features are implemented is haphazard at best. Fundamental flaw is the inability to bring up the fourth row on-demand. If you could, the issue you describe would go away.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this gets addressed in the official 10.3.1 build. As it is implemented now, the keyboard can't do what it's designed to do.

Posted via CB10
    It does what it's designed to do. It wasn't designed to be a track pad
    12-21-14 03:07 PM
    Um no? It precisely was designed to be like a trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 03:12 PM
    It does what it's designed to do. It wasn't designed to be a track pad
    Sure it is. If the text is editable it works as a trackpad. If not then not. Which seems inconsistent. I am pretty sure with the old trackpad devices ANY text could be selected.

12-21-14 05:30 PM
    Sure it is. If the text is editable it works as a trackpad. If not then not. Which seems inconsistent. I am pretty sure with the old trackpad devices ANY text could be selected.

Yep. It's just a half hearted implementation on the Passport. As I've already mentioned, this goes hand in hand with not being able to bring up the virtual row on demand. It shuts Passport users out of a ton of possible shortcuts, especially complex ones.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    12-21-14 08:59 PM
    Yep. It's just a half hearted implementation on the Passport. As I've already mentioned, this goes hand in hand with not being able to bring up the virtual row on demand. It shuts Passport users out of a ton of possible shortcuts, especially complex ones.

Posted via CB10
    Well at least I know I am not just overlooking something then. Thanks.

12-22-14 12:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    Examples of shortcuts being shut out here?

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 12:52 AM