I have had my Passport for a little less than a month and before I had a Q10. Some of the features that I have been wanting for a while apply to both and some only to the passport.

1. Better physical keyboard support in apps.

For this I think it would be great if the keyboard could used in certain apps, like for example games I think it would awesome to have the option for physical keyboard controls. That way I make use of the keys and don't block the screen from all the content.

2. More usage from the touch enabled keyboard.

I think that the touch keyboard is awesome! It would be so cool if I could use it more universally as a touch pad. For example it's great that I can scroll up and down in the hub but it would be cool if I could swipe left and right to navigate screens or double tap the keyboard to bring up an on screen cursor for navigation, just like using it like the Classic trackpad. I was wondering if the technology is built in to support multitouch so that I could zoom in and out by pinching on the keyboard.

3. Having the option to switch to 16:9 screen ratio for downloaded android apps.

Now I realize not everyone would like this but having it as an option would be nice. While a ton of android apps work with the 1:1 screen ratio I think it would be cool to just have a 16:9 option. Yes this would create black bars on the top and bottom or sides but everything would go where it should be and allow those apps that don't work well on the 1:1 ratio to be usable.

What do you think? I think BlackBerry would benefit by implementing some of these in future updates.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 11:06 PM
    Completely agree with #2.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 11:22 AM
    They gotta keep something for the future.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 12:44 PM
    I like some of your suggestions / ideas.

As you mentioned in #2, I too would like the option to use the keyboard for left-right gestures.

The pinch to zoom on the keyboard is too much though, small surface area and you can already do that on the screen itself.

Hopefully more apps can implement the touch keyboard functions.

Other suggestions :

4. Be able to customize virtual keyboard line to the buttons people most commonly use.

5. Option to have a 2 line virtual line, this way I can have all numbers instead of constantly toggling the '@123' key

6. When in another language, other than english, have the second language alphabet on the virtual keypad. I miss the z30 virtual keypad for this as it was able to show the alternate alphabet. I bet the Arabic, Asian and many other non-english speaking peeps would like this.
    12-20-14 08:04 PM