I have been with rogers for almost 10 years now and I started buying BlackBerry about 4 years ago with a 9800(torch). At the time it was still a very strong seller for rogers. When it came time to upgrade to a bb10 it was a different story. The sales people were not as keen to sell me a BlackBerry.
    Later I bought a Q 10 for my wife and another for staff and it was almost painful listening to the sales people at rogers. I had one guy ask me why I wanted BlackBerry and went on how everything else was better.
    So now It was time to upgrade to a new phone, so I got the classic, now I have to say that the sales people were surprisingly upbeat about BlackBerry and were even knowledgeable about the product. I talked to a couple sales people some on the phone and some in stores and not one was anti BlackBerry, almost pro- BlackBerry.

I think that is a really good sign and hopefully just the beginning.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 05:08 PM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    That's very good news... Chen and the roll out of new and interesting devices can slowly bring the brand back to "cool"

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 06:38 PM
    Very good to hear.

This too happened to me with Rogers a while back when I wanted to upgrade to the Z30. The rep chuckled when I asked for the BlackBerry....but that's ok, made him 'pay' when I all of sudden became a disgruntled long term Rogers customer. F'en punk.
    12-19-14 08:48 PM
    This 100% the reason market share is so low.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 08:58 PM
    I've always had a very good attitude about BlackBerry from the Rogers staff in the store near my house.

When I've asked for BlackBerry products they go and find me BlackBerry products. I never get any of the "are you sure you wouldn't rather get an iPhone/Galaxy??" horror stories we hear here all the time.

Kudos to Rogers for respecting their customers' personal choice!

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    12-21-14 09:36 AM
    I'm not so sure....

It took me over a month and several emails to get a Passport and then when it finally arrived, it did not contain anything to denote is was from Rogers. The phone is un-logo'd and you typically receive a welcome package with set-up and activation instructions. I received none of this material and was even was required to go to a local Rogers store to get a sim card.

I extrapolate Rogers is provisioning Blackberry phones from an external source (Ingram Micro ?) and not from dedicated internal inventory. Does this mean they are not carrying any Blackberry inventory ? Are other manufacturers operating the same ? Is Rogers not putting their name on all new phones or just Blackberry ?

It was a somewhat strange experience......
    12-21-14 11:31 AM
    This 100% the reason market share is so low.

Posted via CB10
    I would say that AND when a lot of layoffs took place there were ex-BB peeps that bashed the brand on boards and left numerous negative comments all over the net....
    12-21-14 11:38 AM
    I'm not so sure....

It took me over a month and several emails to get a Passport and then when it finally arrived, it did not contain anything to denote is was from Rogers. The phone is un-logo'd and you typically receive a welcome package with set-up and activation instructions. I received none of this material and was even was required to go to a local Rogers store to get a sim card.

I extrapolate Rogers is provisioning Blackberry phones from an external source (Ingram Micro ?) and not from dedicated internal inventory. Does this mean they are not carrying any Blackberry inventory ? Are other manufacturers operating the same ? Is Rogers not putting their name on all new phones or just Blackberry ?

It was a somewhat strange experience......
    My experience with our Q10 and Z30 was different. Documentation, sim card and sealed box were all delivered promptly. No Rogers logo on the phones, which I'm glad for though. Just a Rogers splash screen.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 12:57 PM
    Just a Rogers splash screen.
    Carrier splash screens are stored on the SIM, so if you get a SIM from another carrier, you'll automatically get their splash screen.
    12-21-14 01:50 PM
    Carrier splash screens are stored on the SIM, so if you get a SIM from another carrier, you'll automatically get their splash screen.
    True. But interestingly enough, my old Z10, unlocked from my local carrier, still shows that splash screen without the sim inserted.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 01:55 PM
    Sorry, no Rogers splash screen on my Passport.
    12-21-14 06:02 PM
    True. But interestingly enough, my old Z10, unlocked from my local carrier, still shows that splash screen without the sim inserted.

Posted via CB10
    I bought an unlocked, outright Q10 at an electronics retail chain here in Australia and popped a Telstra SIM in (July '13). Ever since it has kept the Telstra logo. It has seen various MVNO SIMs and even Optus ones (their main, but lesser competitor)...

The first software update must have been with Telstra.
    Seems like it sticks... :-)

�   Zzzzwipetypetapped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'....   �
    12-21-14 09:29 PM
    Well the Rogers that we always deal with for our company phones really gave my partner a hard time. She went in to order two passports just before it came out and the guy didn't want to sell them to her..... " You don't want a blackberry, you need an iPhone/you won't be happy with a Blackberry....etc." She damn near made a scene as he refused to preorder as he was convinced that she shouldn't have one, but she bit her tongue. When the other sales person was available, she turned to her and told her she wanted to reserve the phones - she took the order. When she picked up the phones for herself and husband she let our regular guy (the manager) know that his employee almost lost our business account with Rogers as he didn't want to order her the two phones. Not. Impressed.

I will say, if that was me, I would have made a big scene, HUGE. I would have lost every customer in the joint. Shut up and take the money, moron! I have no patience for poor customer service. None.
    12-22-14 06:37 PM