Hi,

I need real help with unlocking my phone. I bought a Blackberry Q10 from Vodafone Ireland

All was going well until it broke down, and vodafone kindly replaced it with a new unit. Which was the beginning of the troubles. I told them I was going abroad and needed the phone unlocked for good, and was promised the phone was unlocked. It wasn't. They've been very good in giving me 2 NAC codes, none which work, and I'm now down to 3 attempts left.

An issue is that the IMEI number on the back of the phone, doesn't match what comes up when I type in *#06#, instead there are an extra 2 digits at the back compared to the number on the back of the phone. But Vodafone gave me the new NAC with the old IMEI, so nothing worked.

When I key in the code, it says '' Code entered successfully.'' Put in a non-vodafone SIM, nothing happens, remains locked.

I've tried reformatting my phone using the official Blackberry Link software. No joy.

I'm not really sure what to do now. I'm abroad so sending the phone back to Ireland is not really an option , in view of the cost. Only 3 NAC attempts left before they phone is locked for good and turns into a nice paperweight.

I did load 10.3 initially into the phone, but didnt check the IMEI number then. Could this have caused the problem? Was wondering if there was a way to load an old 10.2 update that is an Irish- particular update. Any ideas ?

Sucks to have a new Q10 that's just pretty paperweight now
    12-19-14 03:36 PM
    The IMEI definitely should match the printed label other than the last 2 digits, which don't mean a darn thing. If your carrier is providing the unlock code make sure you go to a local carrier store if possible, have them enter the code to confirm the failure, and when it becomes hardlocked have the carrier provide another replacement on the spot.

Make sure you provide them the first 15 digits of the IMEI as displayed from the *#06# screen.
    12-19-14 03:59 PM
    MobileMadness002 is correct, your IMEI DOES match the one printed on the back of your device, provided the two extra digits you mentioned are after a / symbol.

However I did work for an Australian Telco and while they would need to get you a replacement if they locked it up it probably wouldn't be 'on the spot' but rather they'd send one out to you or have one delivered to the store especially, at least that's how my Telco worked, you couldn't have an 'on the spot' device unless you were purchasing it.
    12-19-14 04:14 PM