Please let me know how the transition is. I love the Passport's screen size and am wondering if it's going to be a big adjustment to downgrade in this area. Also curious about the size vs the Q10. I'm really ready to get a four row keypad on a phone I can hold with one hand again.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 04:07 PM
    I just purchased a passport and I'm trying to decide whether the classic would be a better fit for me. Love the passport, but would probably prefer a slightly smaller size. I wish they would make a passport with about a 4 inch screen and that would probably be ideal for me.
    ptpete and Vintage123 like this.
    12-18-14 04:40 PM
    I switched from Passport to Classic a few hours ago. The biggest change is that the Classic is noticeably slower. It isn't terrible...it's just slower.

The screen quality is fine, looks nice. The screen size is just about right.

The keyboard is just the best. Four real, actual rows. It's just better than the three row and on-screen Mashup on the Passport.

Now- the nav keys and trackpad- awesome!

One handed use is awesome.

Call quality is really, really great.

Camera is lame.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 04:53 PM
    Not going to switch from my Passport but I did like the way they had integrated the tool belt into the OS.

Passport on AT&T
    12-18-14 04:56 PM
    I just purchased a passport and I'm trying to decide whether the classic would be a better fit for me. Love the passport, but would probably prefer a slightly smaller size. I wish they would make a passport with about a 4 inch screen and that would probably be ideal for me.
    I love the PP too, but mainly for the screen size. I'm not an enterprise user, I'm not a gamer, don't use apps & don't know the first thing about specs in terms of performance, so in all honesty I'm probably not utilizing the PP in a manner consistent for which it was intended. I do, however, compose many emails & text messages and the PP keyboard just doesn't agree with me. I have tried my best and although I'm sure I would eventually adjust to it, I don't want to.

Posted via CB10
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    12-18-14 04:57 PM
    I don't think I'm going to switch but i'll give the classic a go.
    12-18-14 04:57 PM
    I switched from Passport to Classic a few hours ago.

Camera is lame.

Posted via CB10
    Is it more lame than the Passport or about the same?

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 04:59 PM
    clearly i waste of a downgrade i see.
    12-18-14 05:05 PM
    Call quality is really, really great.
    On both phones?. The passport is the best call quality I ever had.
    12-18-14 05:14 PM
    Using Classic since hours and it is really noticeable slower then my Passport. Also typing on PP is much better for me.

And iam notice that call quality and signal is not so good as on Passport.
    Knows someone of integrated Paratek Antennas in Classic?

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 05:18 PM
    I will need to try it out but I love the passport. I would have preferred the four row keyboard though. Maybe when the price drops a bit I'll grab one.(although I don't want to make my wife angry before the next flagship all tough device comes out)

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 05:21 PM
    Hi,
    I'd like to know more about the Classic's camera quality. I'm using a passport now but thinking about the Classic as backup device.
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 05:21 PM
    I'm enjoying the classic and will keep it and the passport. The keyboard experience I prefer is the passport. The ability to use passport keyboard to scroll, swipe delete and flick typing spoiled me. I can see a new classic next year with passport keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 07:12 PM
    I'm enjoying the classic and will keep it and the passport. The keyboard experience I prefer is the passport. The ability to use passport keyboard to scroll, swipe delete and flick typing spoiled me. I can see a new classic next year with passport keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    I'm hoping there's something like this in the works...

Posted via CB10
    ptpete likes this.
    12-18-14 07:30 PM
    the BB holster and the "quick draw" is dearly missed, even while having a Passport. i'll keep the Passport without question, though my "daily driver" will be that Classic. imagine BB integrating the Passport features into future Bold type devices
    12-18-14 07:48 PM
    I have been goofing around with classic and passport downloading apps and browsing Web sites to compare the phones. Classic is on par with passport when it comes to browsing. Apps are a different story. Small apps like Starbucks for example downloaded super fast. Downloaded Waze which is much larger and took classic about 3 minutes Longer. Not really a fair comparison as they are 2 different animals.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 08:27 PM
    I love the PP too, but mainly for the screen size. I'm not an enterprise user, I'm not a gamer, don't use apps & don't know the first thing about specs in terms of performance, so in all honesty I'm probably not utilizing the PP in a manner consistent for which it was intended. I do, however, compose many emails & text messages and the PP keyboard just doesn't agree with me. I have tried my best and although I'm sure I would eventually adjust to it, I don't want to.

Posted via CB10
    The key is how you use a BlackBerry! I am so use to and accustomed to t he gestures way of use I don't think the toolbelt will significantly improve my use of the device and besides after using the Passport and is immensely large screen, smaller just won't do. Having a larger screen just allows you to do and see more! But on the other scope, Kudos to BlackBerry for listening to legacy users and finally designing and manufacturing a device to assist those os10 or gestures shy!

Now what about an OS10 slider!?!?

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 08:34 PM
    Don't you miss the capacitive touch keyboard though? I love that. Please blackberry, mix the two.
    12-18-14 10:23 PM
    No capacitive key on Classic.
    If it was just from me I would remove the touch screen on it

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 10:31 PM
    the BB holster and the "quick draw" is dearly missed, even while having a Passport. i'll keep the Passport without question, though my "daily driver" will be that Classic. imagine BB integrating the Passport features into future Bold type devices
    The "quick draw" out of the Bold holster! Oh how I miss that!

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    12-18-14 10:50 PM
    I admit I haven't tried either phone. So this is purely my opinion based on what I have read about each phone. Wouldn't moving from the passport to the classic be a massive step backwards?
    What with the passport being so innovative?

Posted by my splendid Z10
    12-19-14 12:47 AM
    I admit I haven't tried either phone. So this is purely my opinion based on what I have read about each phone. Wouldn't moving from the passport to the classic be a massive step backwards?
    What with the passport being so innovative?

Posted by my splendid Z10
    No, not backwards. It's just a personal preference: traditional keyboard & toolbelt: Classic; on the other extreme the all-touch device: Z30; and the hybrid device w/best of both worlds and cutting edge, at least for BlackBerry, specs: Passport.

Posted via CB10 | VZW Z30 on at&t LTE
    12-19-14 02:32 AM
    I love the classic's size and one handedness but he spec's worry me. I feel like i need a bit more juice from my Passport to be happy. lol I noticed some slow down during heavy android app usage + using other native bb apps at same time. FYI im running snap with about 12 Android apps. 4 are sports ones haha cuz passport has no sports apps.

edit: no good sports apps checking stats for PROPS
    12-19-14 11:34 PM