I had Blaq installed and working on my Q5, and have since removed it. Still, I keep getting a notification in the hub saying my account info needs to be updated.

I've tried reinstalling and removing again but the problem persists. It is as if there is a setting somewhere that I just can't get rid of.

Anyone experienced something like this?

Posted via CB10
    RobC450 likes this.
    12-17-14 10:19 AM
    Yes. That appears to be a bit of a commonly reported issue with several app utilizing the hub like Snap2Chat, WhatsApp, etc. I would recommend wiping your device and adding your accounts manually. Doing a restore from a back-up could re-introduce the issue.

HTH.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 10:54 AM
    What Brad said but just make sure you reinstall it to see if it cleans up since it should. If that doesn't work, try backing up and restoring your device settings using BlackBerry Link.

ONLY your settings.
    12-19-14 06:25 PM
    Thanks.

I did try re-installing and removing but the same thing persists. Will do the wipe and selective install next.
    12-21-14 04:24 PM
    I had this problem with Tweetly too. Very annoying.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 05:50 PM
    Well, I finally did a security wipe and a selective restore of just my accounts, messages...no app data. Today once again I receive the "account information needs to be updated " for Blaq.

So am I to assume from this that the problem is in my hub accounts and I simply cannot restore those from a backup? Surely there is some way to remove this reference to Blaq? The new device is using the same account info and BBID as the old one, so I would have though things would just work.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 11:00 AM
    Yes. That appears to be a bit of a commonly reported issue with several app utilizing the hub like Snap2Chat, WhatsApp, etc. I would recommend wiping your device and adding your accounts manually. Doing a restore from a back-up could re-introduce the issue.

HTH.

Posted via CB10
    Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 11:39 AM
    Ah, ok.. the "adding the accounts manually" bit was the part I didn't do. Have to see where contacts come in, because I don't want to loose those.

For what it is worth (should others be seeing this), leaving Blaq installed does nothing. Blaq is there, works, and yet still I get a daily message asking for an account.
    12-26-14 01:03 PM
    Unless you have your contacts "local" only, you should be fine. When you add an email account from scratch, there is an option to sync your contacts. If utilized, your contacts should populate for that account during the first sync. You can elect this for every account you add.

BTW. It may take a while or even a restart. Don't panic if you don't see everything instantly.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 01:08 PM
    So we are supposed to lose Remember Notes & Calendar, everything local, just because this annoying issue?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 05:12 PM
    Just to update. (maybe someone needs this reply).

I downloaded backup pro and used it to backup contacts, sms and calendar.
    Then I wiped the device and just restored with the app. Now everything is fine but my contacts and some sms mismatch de contact.

No annoying message, yeah!

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 09:43 PM