I think it is time to do some snooping. All signs point to yes but nothing definitive yet.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 06:37 AM
    Yeah signs indicate that there is a CDMA version.... but it is strange that BlackBerry is "launching" without any US Carriers on board.

Baby steps... I think that BlackBerry is working VERY hard to limit their exposure to overbuilding devices. They can launch on Amazon and shop.blackberry.com along with some smaller markets. That should give them an indication of how many devices the full US market will need to begin with.

Maybe they will surprise everyone and the Classic will go on sale on Verizon, AT&T and Sprint on the 17th.... but I doubt it. They'll do a month with the Classic at the early adopter price of $449, then release it on the Carriers with it's real price of $349.
    12-16-14 07:14 AM
    And miss Christmas? Maybe they have already missed it for the most part. But the week before and the week after are big shopping days. No doubt it is coming to Vzn. I am hopeful tomorrow gives us a close, if not immediate release.
    12-16-14 12:07 PM
    And miss Christmas? Maybe they have already missed it for the most part. But the week before and the week after are big shopping days. No doubt it is coming to Vzn. I am hopeful tomorrow gives us a close, if not immediate release.
    Yeah, BlackBerry just doesn't seem to get it about Christmas sales. The 2 months leading up to Christmas make the most profit for most every retailer in the world, except them.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    12-16-14 03:35 PM
    Yeah, BlackBerry just doesn't seem to get it about Christmas sales. The 2 months leading up to Christmas make the most profit for most every retailer in the world, except them.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    It is strange how they dismiss the Christmas shopping season when releasing a new product. If you were going to take advantage of holiday season shopping, putting out a new product on December 17th is basically missing the mark.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3289
    12-16-14 04:06 PM
    Well, they are focusing on the enterprise market I suppose. But still.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 05:29 PM
    Good point.

Well, they are focusing on the enterprise market I suppose. But still.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 07:00 PM
    that is a completely invalid and unnationalized point. the consumer market dwarfs the enterprise market. the phone is a niche nedice but that does not mean they only go after the select few. common sense guys.
    12-17-14 08:00 AM
    Yeah signs indicate that there is a CDMA version.... but it is strange that BlackBerry is "launching" without any US Carriers on board...

BlackBerry hates America!
    12-17-14 08:26 AM
    @VZWnews: QWERTY fans - the @BlackBerry Classic will be available on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network in early 2015 https://t.co/PQKFKS0qzR

https://twitter.com/VZWnews/status/545247098263052291

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 10:06 AM
    If the focus is enterprise customers, Christmas is not a factor
    12-17-14 10:13 AM
    They just announced ATT is official carrier in USA.

EDIT: Verizon tweeted that it's coming in early 2015
    12-17-14 10:15 AM
    It is strange how they dismiss the Christmas shopping season when releasing a new product. If you were going to take advantage of holiday season shopping, putting out a new product on December 17th is basically missing the mark.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3289
    They seem to be most focused on releasing two days before quarterly earnings come out.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 03:35 AM
    Blackberry should be shot for doing yet another launch that leaves Verizon out of it. This practice of spotty sporadic haphazard launches has got to stop. This is not a good way to manage expectations of customers.

If this nonsense is to continue, I'd prefer Blackberry be upfront with their launch details so that I know not to get my hopes up. Maybe a simple disclosure such as "We are ignoring the largest carrier in the world's largest market for now" would suffice.

And no, I will not switch off of Verizon. If you travel, they are the only realistic carrier to use in the US, unless you like getting no signal when you need it most.

-Tom
    12-23-14 11:58 AM
    Blackberry should be shot for doing yet another launch that leaves Verizon out of it. This practice of spotty sporadic haphazard launches has got to stop. This is not a good way to manage expectations of customers.

If this nonsense is to continue, I'd prefer Blackberry be upfront with their launch details so that I know not to get my hopes up. Maybe a simple disclosure such as "We are ignoring the largest carrier in the world's largest market for now" would suffice.

And no, I will not switch off of Verizon. If you travel, they are the only realistic carrier to use in the US, unless you like getting no signal when you need it most.

-Tom
    There is absolutely no up-side for BlackBerry ignoring Verizon. It is very unlikely that they are. Much more likely is that Verizon is ignoring BlackBerry. BlackBerry has probably been more trouble then they are worth to Verizon as of late. I'm guessing that the only reason Verizon does anything at all with BlackBerry is because a couple of their important customers want a few BlackBerry phones, and Verizon does not what them looking elsewhere.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 12:28 PM
    Verizon is still selling BlackBerry phones on their website, including Z30 & Q10. No mention yet on there about the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 01:36 PM
    There is absolutely no up-side for BlackBerry ignoring Verizon. It is very unlikely that they are. Much more likely is that Verizon is ignoring BlackBerry. BlackBerry has probably been more trouble then they are worth to Verizon as of late. I'm guessing that the only reason Verizon does anything at all with BlackBerry is because a couple of their important customers want a few BlackBerry phones, and Verizon does not what them looking elsewhere.

Posted via CB10
    You're exactly right. If Verizon didn't have enterprise contracts they'd wash their hands of BB altogether. If you ever go to a Verizon store you can see next to nothing of BB. Also why they chose Classic instead of also carrying Passport. Passport is higher priced and has less demand to their enterprise customers. If Rio comes out with rumored spec Verizon will probably carry it as mid-priced Z10 replacement.
    12-23-14 02:01 PM
    Yeah signs indicate that there is a CDMA version.... but it is strange that BlackBerry is "launching" without any US Carriers on board.
    That sounds foolish as Christmas in the summer. I tell my friends new BlackBerry is out but no one can see or hold one. Good luck selling it.

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red
    12-25-14 08:19 AM
    None of the CDMA phones are out yet, are they? They are coming. Pointing fingers is pointless....and childish.
    12-26-14 08:08 AM
    None of the CDMA phones are out yet, are they? They are coming. Pointing fingers is pointless....and childish.
    May be pointless to us but to BlackBerry it's life or death. New BlackBerry out. Where can I see it? Can't. We can't even tell you when sorry.

Odd how other phone companies release on one day!

12-26-14 08:23 AM
    Which carrier Is stocking the phone now in the US?
    12-28-14 03:19 PM
    None I'm aware of. Tough to believe BlackBerry releases a new phone and not one carrier has it in the USA. Oh I forgot this is BlackBerry.

12-29-14 04:04 AM
    The US is always last. Blaming Verizon is pointless.
    12-29-14 04:52 PM
    Why all the constant whining and complaining about blackberry in the US. First of all, company and CEO have repeatedly stated that focus is and will be in the future, ENTERPRISE. They have given up on the consumer market because the company is unable to compete from a capital perspective with IOS and Android hardware providers. They are making the best decisions so far regarding shareholders, who let's face, own the company.

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    12-29-14 07:44 PM
    I just bought a Z30 from Verizon, *right* before the announcement was made that the Classic would come to it. I have about a month left to return my phone with only a $35 restocking fee. Anyone haven any idea whether it's warranted to hope that it'll be offered by Verizon as early as late January?
    12-29-14 08:26 PM
116 123 ...